• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I might go there before you...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Just because i have a faith and belief you dont, does not give me a free pass to heaven.
Just because i believe in a God we call Allah does not mean I have to hate you for not believing too.
Just because you see me praying toward Mecca does not mean you have to (if you dont want to)
Just because i must be careful with females does not mean i hate you. it means i respect you.

Just because You chose to not wear a headscarf does not mean i look down on you.
Just because you say you dont believe does not mean I can condem you to hell.

Just because i chosen a life as a sufi does not mean Heaven is right in front of me. I might go to hell a long time before you, if i am not careful with my life.

Just be who you are, hold your belief if you have one, and if you dont hold a belief i will still be there for you if you ever need my help.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Just because i have a faith and belief you dont, does not give me a free pass to heaven.
Just because i believe in a God we call Allah does not mean I have to hate you for not believing too.
Just because you see me praying toward Mecca does not mean you have to (if you dont want to)
Just because i must be careful with females does not mean i hate you. it means i respect you.

Just because You chose to not wear a headscarf does not mean i look down on you.
Just because you say you dont believe does not mean I can condem you to hell.

Just because i chosen a life as a sufi does not mean Heaven is right in front of me. I might go to hell a long time before you, if i am not careful with my life.

Just be who you are, hold your belief if you have one, and if you dont hold a belief i will still be there for you if you ever need my help.
That is a very noble post CT and I admire you for your devotion and humility....but I am also disturbed by what some Muslims are taught from the Quran to believe.

I know that sufi's are different in their approach to Islamic worship but also similar in many ways.

I came across this article from a man with an Islamic background which he named, "A Call to the Muslims of the World". It was written after 9/11 and I found it disturbing that some Muslims can take the Quran as an excuse to rewards themselves with acts of violence that are supposedly sanctioned by Allah. He quotes the Quran to highlight where such ideas come from. How do Sufi's deal with these verses?

I would like your opinion on this piece since it was not written by an unbeliever but someone with sensibilities very much like your own....I think you will agree with a lot of what he has to say....

A Call to the Muslims of the World | Center for Inquiry

darkskies

What about people you truly care about? If you were to believe that they are going to hell, would you try to amend their behaviour? Or would you let them be?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is a very noble post CT and I admire you for your devotion and humility....but I am also disturbed by what some Muslims are taught from the Quran to believe.

I know that sufi's are different in their approach to Islamic worship but also similar in many ways.

I came across this article from a man with an Islamic background which he named, "A Call to the Muslims of the World". It was written after 9/11 and I found it disturbing that some Muslims can take the Quran as an excuse to rewards themselves with acts of violence that are supposedly sanctioned by Allah. He quotes the Quran to highlight where such ideas come from. How do Sufi's deal with these verses?

I would like your opinion on this piece since it was not written by an unbeliever but someone with sensibilities very much like your own....I think you will agree with a lot of what he has to say....

A Call to the Muslims of the World | Center for Inquiry
First of all. Thank you for your reply:)
It's is true that those verses can be found in the quran, the different from jihadists to how I as a sufi understand the teaching is night and day.

First of all those verses are for time of war, not for time of peace in the way my teacher has given me understanding. But you also find verses in the quran saying to look good at Christian and Jews because they are of the book.

Jihad in the way I as a sufi believe is to fight once own ego, to constantly watch our own mind, but speaking,acting and thinking in a good way, sp to not hurt other people. Sufism watch the physical world than look within our selvs. Always trying to be the best we can be.

Has sufist fought in battle? Yes they have, but not every sufi choose to do so.

To end my answer, the article had very good points yes :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What about people you truly care about? If you were to believe that they are going to hell, would you try to amend their behaviour? Or would you let them be?
I care about every human being, i leave up to Allah to say who goes to heaven or hell.
But i do believe each human being have their saying in where they go, according to how they have acted, spoken or thought during their life.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is against the book. "You should not associate with unbelievers".
You are transgressing the words of Allah. Are you a new messenger from Allah?
Of course i am not s new prophet of Allah :)
Is it truly against Allah to be helping fellow human beings? Id it truly against Allah to be caring for the sick, poor, and so on? Isn't it the messeage of Allah to be the best human being you can become with out hate and anger?
That is how i understand Allahs words.