• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I made surgery for Gallbladder

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello all
I get removed Gallbladder because stones for 14 days ago, I want ask what kind food i should avoid .
is really should stop eat fats foods like meat and butter ,fries ? temporary 6 months until i recover .
Note doctor said i could eat everything.
my parents don't accept doctor permission.they said must follow regime for at least 6 months.
My age 41 . my health good .

thanks for advance

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Eating anything appears to be common advice. Some web sites advise being careful initially avoiding fatty foods and advising smaller more frequent meals.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hello all
I get removed Gallbladder because stones for 14 days ago, I want ask what kind food i should avoid .
is really should stop eat fats foods like meat and butter ,fries ? temporary 6 months until i recover .
my parents don't accept doctor permission.they said must follow regime for at least 6 months.

thanks for advance

I had my gall bladder removed a couple of years ago. The surgery went wrong ending in a seven hours operation to save my life, over two years, another 5 hour operation to fix the mess made by the first op and almost dying 5 times, i am just about back to normal now.

I am glad your op went well, i hope no one has to go through that ever again.

As for food, i was told to eat normally, i tend to eat fairly healthily anyway, very little fat, lean meat, i have oven fries maybe once a week, occasional potatoes chips and good chocolate quite often :rolleyes:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello all

thanks for advance
Good to see you back around, Godobeyer. I'm glad the surgery went well for you.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From Do I need to change my diet after gallbladder surgery? (UK National Health Service). I left the British spelling intact :

Do I need to change my diet after gallbladder surgery?

Most people don't need to follow a special diet after having surgery to remove their gallbladder, as the gallbladder isn't essential for digestion. You can usually start eating normally a few hours after your operation, although you'll probably prefer to eat small meals to start with. You may have been advised to follow a low-fat diet for several weeks before surgery, but this doesn't need to be continued afterwards. Instead, you should aim to have a generally healthy, balanced diet, including some fats. If you experience side effects from surgery, including indigestion, bloating, flatulence or diarrhoea, it may help to make some small adjustments to your diet.

For example:
  • avoid drinks containing caffeine, such as coffee and tea
  • avoid foods that make the problems worse, such as spicy or fatty foods
  • gradually increase your intake of fibre – good sources of fibre include fresh fruit and vegetables, wholegrain rice, whole wheat pasta and bread, seeds, nuts and oats
Your GP can also recommend medication if you have diarrhoea. Side effects of gallbladder surgery usually only last a few weeks, although diarrhoea can be a more persistent problem for a small number of people. If you have had other organs removed as well as your gallbladder, such as your pancreas, you may have problems digesting food. You'll be advised about any changes you need to make to your diet after surgery in these cases.

74x12

Hello all

thanks for advance
I doubt you eat much of them but just in case; sun flower seeds if you eat a lot of those they cause stones. Other than that I don't know.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Hello all

thanks for advance

Hello
First and foremost, go low on sodium -- i.e. salty foods. I guess no one said that here.

It is a win-win going low on sodium anyway. Most snacks are salty - chips and the like.
And spicy-hot. Chillie peppers -- avoid those.
Worst is oily + spicy.

Add lots of fresh cooked vegetables, some fruit, and avoid soda - effervescent drinks.

Take this as just an "intuitive common-sense suggestion" from a lay person who has no idea about this surgery. That is why I said cook your veggies.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm sure your doctor has already explained the restrictions to you.
Bile is a digestive fluid that breaks down lipids. It's made in the liver and stored in the gall bladder. When lipids -- fats or oils enter the duodenum, just past the stomach, they trigger the release of bile from the gall bladder.
Without your gall bladder, bile release doesn't track lipid intake, and lipids can pass largely intact right through the duodenum into the small bowel.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Without your gall bladder, bile release doesn't track lipid intake, and lipids can pass largely intact right through the duodenum into the small bowel.
Does this mean that lipids are not digested properly, resulting in gas, indigestion (which might cause bad health after prolonged time)?

@Godobeyer : I hope you recover soon

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
From Do I need to change my diet after gallbladder surgery? (UK National Health Service). I left the British spelling intact :

Do I need to change my diet after gallbladder surgery?

Most people don't need to follow a special diet after having surgery to remove their gallbladder, as the gallbladder isn't essential for digestion. You can usually start eating normally a few hours after your operation, although you'll probably prefer to eat small meals to start with. You may have been advised to follow a low-fat diet for several weeks before surgery, but this doesn't need to be continued afterwards. Instead, you should aim to have a generally healthy, balanced diet, including some fats. If you experience side effects from surgery, including indigestion, bloating, flatulence or diarrhoea, it may help to make some small adjustments to your diet.

For example:
  • avoid drinks containing caffeine, such as coffee and tea
  • avoid foods that make the problems worse, such as spicy or fatty foods
  • gradually increase your intake of fibre – good sources of fibre include fresh fruit and vegetables, wholegrain rice, whole wheat pasta and bread, seeds, nuts and oats
Your GP can also recommend medication if you have diarrhoea. Side effects of gallbladder surgery usually only last a few weeks, although diarrhoea can be a more persistent problem for a small number of people. If you have had other organs removed as well as your gallbladder, such as your pancreas, you may have problems digesting food. You'll be advised about any changes you need to make to your diet after surgery in these cases.
I appreciate your comment advises ,thank you very much :)