• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Love You

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Honest question...is it the God that was problematic, or the religion?

As an atheist, I'm obviously thinking it's the religion. But I don't want to preclude that you have a belief in both the Christian God and other Gods in a literal sense, and see the Christian God as a problem.

The honest answer is, it was both.

I don't want to completely derail the thread, so I will post links to my posts where I discussed my animosity towards the Christian God and how I was treated by Christians while I was still a Christian myself and also before I was a Christian. Old wounds haven't healed.

The first link, click here, is my story of the childhood abuse I suffered for years while I was growing up.

The second link, click here, is me explaining why I feel animosity towards God and why I'm no longer a Christian.

The third link, click here, is me explaining why I think some Christians contributed to my decision to abandon my faith.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The honest answer is, it was both.

I don't want to completely derail the thread, so I will post links to my posts where I discussed my animosity towards the Christian God and how I was treated by Christians while I was still a Christian myself and also before I was a Christian. Old wounds haven't healed.

The first link, click here, is my story of the childhood abuse I suffered for years while I was growing up.

The second link, click here, is me explaining why I feel animosity towards God and why I'm no longer a Christian.

The third link, click here, is me explaining why I think some Christians contributed to my decision to abandon my faith.

Sorry...I've been slack in my replies, but I'm gonna run off and take a peek at those threads now.