• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love this Muslima her ideas on Islam

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I love this Muslima her ideas on Islam. How she explains it, I could be a Muslim, I think. Very refreshing.

She fights for the freedom to have a personal relationship with Allah
Do not impose your ideas on others. Leave others free in their interpretation
No need to have Imaams teach you the "how and what" about Islaam; unless you chose so

She just addressed all the points, that I felt uncomfortable with in Islam; many others might feel the opposite
47minutes in total; bit long, but I enjoyed it, and being locked in my house .. plenty of time to watch
I was happy to see, that I can Love Islam also, in the way she practises Islam

Great to see, that Middle East and West are maybe getting closer; starting to talk is a good first step.

I liked many parts: just to mention a few; these 5min:
26m15s: She was kicked out asking too many questions
27m40s: Or maybe because being different than others
28m30s: Friendly Imaam telling he disagrees throwing women out, when asking too many questions
28m45s: Woman shares experience about brutal Islam in Middle East, but now in West she is happy to be free to speak out, and now she is happy being Muslima
30m15s: Really a "topper" how she explains Islam supremacist; I fully agree with her on this

*Note: Normally I can start youtube exactly on 26m15s, but seems not to work on RF, corrrect?

Hi stvdv. I personally believe that you’ll find that a lot of what you accept and like is actually true Islam and the parts you find difficult to accept are mostly man made dogmas and interpretations by scholars.

We accept Islam as a Divine Revelation from God Prophet Muhammad and the Quran but not anything else such as shariah law or scholars and what priest preach because more often than not it is contrary to what the Quran teaches.

Muhammad and the Quran represent one of the most beautiful religions on earth. It is what priests and scholars have done that have tarnished its name but it’s pure teachings are very peaceful and it is a religion of peace.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Surely all religions are purely man made.

If there were no humans, there would be no religion.

Such a parochial view.

B3729F4A-D4D1-479D-AD3E-E2DD4936315B.jpeg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Such a parochial view.

View attachment 38192
It just now occurred to me, that, how people see aliens, it's usually with an immense head and no body. That might be an indication, that it's just a mental creation, just some imagination of an artist, who "sees with the mind, and not with the heart".

ManSinha

Maybe you fail to understand what religion is.
Why don't you try and explain it to me then? I am well aware that the DSM would classify religion as a mass delusion if not practiced by so many people - that does not invalidate my opinion above.

ManSinha

What do you think religion is ?
Unh Unh Unh - that does not work - you said

Maybe you fail to understand what religion is.

I requested you to explain it to me

Why don't you try and explain it to me then? I am well aware that the DSM would classify religion as a mass delusion if not practiced by so many people - that does not invalidate my opinion above.

What do you think religion is ?

Now you are asking me what I think religion is - it does not work like that - you made a statement - back it up
Provide your explanation and we can talk further

Do not turn the question on me without answering mine first - if you cannot / will not - then we can stop this conversation right here

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Unh Unh Unh - that does not work - you said

I requested you to explain it to me

Now you are asking me what I think religion is - it does not work like that - you made a statement - back it up
Provide your explanation and we can talk further

Do not turn the question on me without answering mine first - if you cannot / will not - then we can stop this conversation right here

Religion is a collective belief which functions as the setter of social norms.
It is probably an emergent property of evolution IMO, a group bonding behaviour, and group behaviour modifier.

I’m not going to write an essay here, so that will have to do.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you now answered the same question succinctly.

ManSinha

To me - religion is intensely personal - it is something between the individual and the divine - ideally it allows for the person to be "better" both in the physical and spiritual arenas - that is what the dharmic faiths I subscribe to - teach for the most part. It does lead to care and concern for one's fellow and by extension the rest of environment as we know and perceive it. Like I have said previously - it is something to be grateful for when things are well and for succor when the times are less favorable.
This is why - on principle - I reject the Abrahamic faiths with their laws and exhortations of proselytizing as well as promises of being "saved" in god's kingdom - to me all that is fiction or outright hypocrisy if not something that is long outdated and should be consigned to the history books

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
To me - religion is intensely personal - it is something between the individual and the divine - ideally it allows for the person to be "better" both in the physical and spiritual arenas - that is what the dharmic faiths I subscribe to - teach for the most part. It does lead to care and concern for one's fellow and by extension the rest of environment as we know and perceive it. Like I have said previously - it is something to be grateful for when things are well and for succor when the times are less favorable.
This is why - on principle - I reject the Abrahamic faiths with their laws and exhortations of proselytizing as well as promises of being "saved" in god's kingdom - to me all that is fiction or outright hypocrisy if not something that is long outdated and should be consigned to the history books

All good. When you say it is intensely personal, you are talking about what I would call your spiritual life.

I have a long and positive association with Buddhism and yoga. My path began with Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali almost fifty years ago. I tell you that so you can understand that my comments on religion are not intended as derogatory.

Shad

Veteran Member
It just now occurred to me, that, how people see aliens, it's usually with an immense head and no body. That might be an indication, that it's just a mental creation, just some imagination of an artist, who "sees with the mind, and not with the heart".
I love this Muslima her ideas on Islam. How she explains it, I could be a Muslim, I think. Very refreshing.

No need to have Imaams teach you the "how and what" about Islaam; unless you chose so

She just addressed all the points, that I felt uncomfortable with in Islam; many others might feel the opposite
47minutes in total; bit long, but I enjoyed it, and being locked in my house .. plenty of time to watch

Great to see, that Middle East and West are maybe getting closer; starting to talk is a good first step.

28m30s: Friendly Imaam telling he disagrees throwing women out, when asking too many questions
28m45s: Woman shares experience about brutal Islam in Middle East, but now in West she is happy to be free to speak out, and now she is happy being Muslima
30m15s: Really a "topper" how she explains Islam supremacist; I fully agree with her on this

*Note: Normally I can start youtube exactly on 26m15s, but seems not to work on RF, corrrect?

Seems like she was talking to a wall half the time.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

I missed your post earlier.

Perhaps it’s a prenatal memory ?

B7BBA647-5ED5-4276-80D4-36571097F21A.jpeg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Seems like she was talking to a wall half the time.

Yes, it were hot items on which they disagreed

At least she was allowed to talk and express her view

And good, that she stood her ground; she had good points

Shad

Veteran Member
Yes, it were hot items on which they disagreed

At least she was allowed to talk and express her view

And good, that she stood her ground; she had good points

I mean she expected specific defenses and spoke of those outright beforehand. Often there was nothing more after those type of disagreements.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Oh she is great. Recently she got married as well and i wish her the best.

She should have a little more understanding of the books she speaks of. I just wish she did.