• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love Gaudapada and Nagarjuna

DanielR

Yes, I know different religions but they both are amazing!!!

the two greatest minds (buddha too) of India IMHO!!

Advaitins should read the Mulamadhyamakakarika and Buddhist's Gaudapada's Karika!!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Agree with you. The religions were not hugely different and perhaps in that age were considered one. As for reading, once I have understood the position, is there any need for further study? :D

DanielR

Agree with you. The religions were not hugely different and perhaps in that age were considered one. As for reading, once I have understood the position, is there any need for further study? :D

not really, but their works are really inspirational! :p

Gaudapada's karika has to be my favourite spiritual text ever, I've read it so often (Swami Nikhilananda's version). Just recently I discovered that there is a version with Shankara's commentary too, I was able to order it directly from India for only 1 Euro (that's like I don't know 1 Dollar or something) and it arrived in great condition, I ordered 3 more copies because of that low price I like to have separate copies.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
For me the upanishads and Sankara's one-line was enough - 'Brahma satyam jagan-mithya, jeevo Brahmaiva na parah..'
I expanded it to include even the non-living things,(Sankara too meant that). There cannot be duality (of any kind) in 'advaita'.