• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love bipolar

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I love the depressive phase when one is a completely bedridden and stands up to get something done to only get hit by a wave of depression and crippling fatigue that puts him back in bed.

I love the manic episodes where one is hit with waves of fearlessness and on top of the world, full of Napoleonic ambitions for conquest, and feeling like the ingenious anointed emperor Antichrist prophet who is destined to conquer the world, and in need of no food or sleep or medications

This of course is just followed by the depression or incarceration again and again and an inability to do anything but be bedridden.

My Empire is no more. The emperor is too sick! Gotta love the persistence and power of this nemesis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Currently am in that depressive state of being confined to the bed all day where nothing can get me out but drugs and they are not an option.

Just vegetating and waiting for that next wave of mania to hit so that I can start getting things done.

I love sobriety. This is what it looks like. Being bedridden and hopeless for lengthy periods of time.

Maybe after half a year of sobriety, sobriety gets better. I bet that is so.

PureX

Veteran Member
I love the depressive phase when one is a completely bedridden and stands up to get something done to only get hit by a wave of depression and crippling fatigue that puts him back in bed.

I love the manic episodes where one is hit with waves of fearlessness and on top of the world, full of Napoleonic ambitions for conquest, and feeling like the ingenious anointed emperor Antichrist prophet who is destined to conquer the world, and in need of no food or sleep or medications

This of course is just followed by the depression or incarceration again and again and an inability to do anything but be bedridden.

My Empire is no more. The emperor is too sick! Gotta love the persistence and power of this nemesis.
"The bottom is attractive."

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"The bottom is attractive."
Learning to love it but still hoping to climb out. I went to AA yesterday and go to a group today. I'm also resisting urges to use something to escape or get energy. It's not like I'm putting forth no effort.

PureX

Veteran Member
Learning to love it but still hoping to climb out. I went to AA yesterday and go to a group today. I'm also resisting urges to use something to escape. It's not like I'm putting forth no effort.
Self-will and effort aren't going to cut it. That's just you still doing it your way. Same old, same old. Repeating the same behaviors and imagining that they will somehow magically produce a different result this time.

The only way out of the addiction trap is to surrender yourself. To STOP trying to do it your way. To give up self-will all together. To give yourself over to those who who know how to do what you do not know how to do, and then do what they tell you to do.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Self-will and effort aren't going to cut it. That's just you still doing it your way. Same old, same old. Repeating the same behaviors and imagining that they will somehow magically produce a different result this time.

The only way out of the addiction trap is to surrender yourself. To STOP trying to do it your way. To give up self-will all together. To give yourself over to those who who know how to do what you do not know how to do, and then do what they tell you to do.
I'd love to do it someone else's way but my last two sponsors were not the people for the job. I must find the right people, and that isn't always so easy.

David T

Premium Member
Learning to love it but still hoping to climb out. I went to AA yesterday and go to a group today. I'm also resisting urges to use something to escape or get energy. It's not like I'm putting forth no effort.
Bi polar is a symtom of neurosis. Its real. About 2% of the popularion are diagnosed bipolar. Dealing with it is extremely difficult and most cant really. Partially bexause they prefer that to being healthy its all they know.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
1 year is a good goal. minute to minute will get you there.

sending love and a hug...

best wishes,

PureX

Veteran Member
I'd love to do it someone else's way but my last two sponsors were not the people for the job. I must find the right people, and that isn't always so easy.
The right sponsor is anyone who has been where you are, and has moved onto to being what you want to become. My sponsor wasn't anything like me. If we had met anywhere but in a AA meeting I wouldn't have liked him at all. But he was five years sober, he had a job, he had a girlfriend and a nice apartment, and he had much hope for his future. I had none of these, and couldn't have held onto them if even someone had given them to me.

Find someone who's been sober a while and is doing those things that build lives, and then do what he tells you to do. When you really 'hit bottom', liking or not liking becomes irrelevant. What you want becomes irrelevant. Even what you think becomes irrelevant. You will have no more self-centered 'fight' left in you. And then you will finally become teachable.

And that's when the change can begin.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Bipolar people are actually more appealing people to be around than your average person because bipolar people don't hide their humanity.
Yes the bipolar people I have met can be very frank and transparent. They will tell you they go psychotic the first day they meet you. I prefer that to being fake.

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
Yes the bipolar people I have met can be very frank and transparent. They will tell you they go psychotic the first day they meet you. I prefer that to being fake.

We're all deeply insane and psychotic deep down, everyone tries to hide it but it only lying to ourselves. Fakeness is everywhere, it's appalling, I'm with you.
I would definitely agree with you over the phrasing "frank and transparent", this is how I wish the rest of the world would be. I've admired this in bipolar people I've been friends with, in a way they've been gurus to me because their psychological demeanor is so freer than the average person I meet. We're taught socially to react, respond and interpret things in certain ways but with a person that you know has a mental illness like that, it teaches you to rewire yourself socially and understand people better. This is a great thread Popeadope, thank you :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
We're all deeply insane and psychotic deep down, everyone tries to hide it but it only lying to ourselves. Fakeness is everywhere, it's appalling, I'm with you.
I would definitely agree with you over the phrasing "frank and transparent", this is how I wish the rest of the world would be. I've admired this in bipolar people I've been friends with, in a way they've been gurus to me because their psychological demeanor is so freer than the average person I meet. We're taught socially to react, respond and interpret things in certain ways but with a person that you know has a mental illness like that, it teaches you to rewire yourself socially and understand people better. This is a great thread Popeadope, thank you :)
You made my day! :) I've been bedridden and extremely depressed so that means a lot that some good fruit is coming forth from my suffering!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I like the phrase "we are all deeply insane and psychotic deep down". I hope that is true and I see the evidence that it is... It reminds me that I'm not alone... I share in the agony of others and we are connected.

Unguru

You made my day! :) I've been bedridden and extremely depressed so that means a lot that some good fruit is coming forth from my suffering!

It is heartwarming to hear this. You're growing into a deeper understanding of human nature and psychology, this can benefit you a lot in so many ways!

Unguru

I like the phrase "we are all deeply insane and psychotic deep down". I hope that is true and I see the evidence that it is... It reminds me that I'm not alone... I share in the agony of others and we are connected.

I've seen really insane people (I mean in an exaggerated way, not people with mental illnesses in the clinical sense) covering up themselves, angry one minute and putting on a smiling face the next.
Clinical psychotics don't do this by choice and don't hide their extreme transitions of emotions, this is the major difference between a Bipolar and a "regular" person. One is better at hiding their irrationality than the other. Public appearance is everything to people, even to people who hate people.
There is something about ourselves that we can all learn from people that don't have that protective screen of supposed 'dignity'. There is also the fact of hypocrisy we have around these kinds of topics too, there is no shortage of it. Humans are humans but maybe Bipolar people are better at staying true to how we internalize and express these things than we ourselves (people who aren't Bipolar) do.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It is heartwarming to hear this. You're growing into a deeper understanding of human nature and psychology, this can benefit you a lot in so many ways!
Now, all narcissism and selfishness must go to find true perfection. That is going to take an enormous amount of work and a miracle. I guess it's only going to be achieved one little baby step at a time and a step backwards for every two steps forward or something.

We can achieve victory against impossible odds if we remain in the hands of God. Let it be!

selfishness and narcissism cause an enormous amount of suffering not only to the person who has these defects. My hope is to get rid of them for they are enemies of my soul and harm other people. May they be uprooted. Remove my heart oh Lord and give me yours.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've seen really insane people (I mean in an exaggerated way, not people with mental illnesses in the clinical sense) covering up themselves, angry one minute and putting on a smiling face the next.
Clinical psychotics don't do this by choice and don't hide their extreme transitions of emotions, this is the major difference between a Bipolar and a "regular" person. One is better at hiding their irrationality than the other. Public appearance is everything to people, even to people who hate people.
There is something about ourselves that we can all learn from people that don't have that protective screen of supposed 'dignity'. There is also the fact of hypocrisy we have around these kinds of topics too, there is no shortage of it. Humans are humans but maybe Bipolar people are better at staying true to how we internalize and express these things than we ourselves (people who aren't Bipolar) do.
Being in and out of mental institutions I have known extremely insane people. It is refreshing to be reminded that almost everyone is insane though! :)

Yes, I don't try to hide my Insanity, because it is impossible to hide and I hate phoniness!

Unguru

Now, all narcissism and selfishness must go to find true perfection. That is going to take an enormous amount of work and a miracle. I guess it's only going to be achieved one little baby step at a time and a step backwards for every two steps forward or something.

We can achieve victory against impossible odds if we remain in the hands of God. Let it be!

selfishness and narcissism cause an enormous amount of suffering not only to the person who has these defects. My hope is to get rid of them for they are enemies of my soul and harm other people. May they be uprooted. Remove my heart oh Lord and give me yours.

Again, I like your perspective, it's very admirable in my opinion. :)

Milton Platt

Oh, I though you were going to tell us you liked both the antarctic and the Arctic. LOL