• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I lost my dad

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
My dad died yesterday. He's been sick but I didn't know it was that bad. He just didn't wake up. He's been fighting cancer for years now, First throat cancer, then bladder and prostate and then rectal cancer. He was only sixty and I'm too young to not have my dad around. I didn't get to say good bye.

My dad died yesterday. He's been sick but I didn't know it was that bad. He just didn't wake up. He's been fighting cancer for years now, First throat cancer, then bladder and prostate and then rectal cancer. He was only sixty and I'm too young to not have my dad around. I didn't get to say good bye.
I am so sorry.

Deidre

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear of this!
Yes, death and loss ...the pain is great. :(
I have you in my thoughts. ((hugs))

Sonofason

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
You're a special person, and I'm sorry you had to see your dad go through that. I've had a similar experience with my Mom. It is certainly not something that people deserve. Kudos to your dad for putting up a fight, and may we all have such honorable passings though I myself don't have trouble with a quiet passing either. I intend to die much faster, like from shock or falling out of a plane or maybe from a very unexpected comment by someone in chat. Chatroom shock is definitely the best way to go. Best wishes to you.

Norman

Defender of Truth

Hi Drolefile, I don't know you, however, I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord will be with you and your family in this
terrible situation. Please accept my condolences, my thoughts and my prayers. God Bless You.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
My father passed several years ago.
He left behind a loan on a truck.
I paid it off...I drive it now.

We were not as close as I wanted.

Apparently, you had more at hand.

I believe in life after death.
Your father might not be at your calling now.......
But you will have time eternal.

Kolibri

I lost my own dad at age 59 from cancer.
He was too young to admit he was dying and denied it to his last breath.
It will have been 5 years come April.

My heart goes out to you as someone who can, to some degree, relate.

One passage that really helped me I would like to share with you.

If a man dies, can he live again?
I will wait all the days of my compulsory service
Until my relief comes.
You will call, and I will answer you.
You will long (or "yearn.") for the work of your hands.
- Job 14:14,15

Job knew that God would yearn for him to live again.
Why would he not feel that same way about your dad?

"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." - Acts 24:15

Last edited: