• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Like Religion Because - I Dislike Religion Because. . . . . . . .

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why I love religion (part 2)?
cfe24d2c9cf7dd61a4c83f4d4df168f1.jpg

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think you need to re-read the post you took this from in it's full context. I traced back the messages in the thread that caused this unfortunate and childish drama, and this WAS NEVER SAID. He stated that religion was worth saving from superstition for it's more positive qualities of wisdom, offering connections between people etc. In other words, your high-horse is actually a donkey friend. There... now you can report me.
not at all....
I do not separate people and what they believe in.

To say to you.....your belief is superstition..... belittles what you claim to be real.
(most religious believe what they believe is real)

No one should allow themselves to think they can save a religion from superstition.
most religion has some level of gesture and prayer.....
ritual, sacrament, dogma, ceremony, litany......

all of which could be pointed to as superstition.

that, is not respect.
that, is looking down your nose at belief.

A Vestigial Mote

not at all....
I do not separate people and what they believe in.

To say to you.....your belief is superstition..... belittles what you claim to be real.
(most religious believe what they believe is real)

No one should allow themselves to think they can save a religion from superstition.
most religion has some level of gesture and prayer.....
ritual, sacrament, dogma, ceremony, litany......

all of which could be pointed to as superstition.

that, is not respect.
that, is looking down your nose at belief.

I guess this means we're done.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I like religion because it makes me disciplined whither I like it or not (saves me serious trouble).

I dislike religion because it holds me back from doing things, including at anytime I want.

Last edited: