• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Like Mike

A

angellous_evangellous

In office or on the ticket? At this point, I wouldn't vote for a Republican for sewer commissioner, and I certainly don't want to see one in the White House, but McCain is less objectionable than the others.

I think the ideal ticket would be Huckabee-Coulter.

Ha, I hear ya.

Draka

Wonder Woman
You know what I find scary, that people who know NOTHING about someone will call him a bigot. I'm sorry, but you're all wrong about Huckabee. I understand your differences about his opinions politically, but it seems to me that most of you just don't like him for being a Christian.

Seriously, listen to what you're saying. Why don't you put your foot in your own mouth and actually go READ a speech that Huckabee has written?

Brother, I thought I would find opinions like these on a pundit website, but I thought that this place was a LITTLE more open minded than this. Guess not.

Excuse me...but what I posted and what Mike posted are directly FROM Huckabee himself! What I quoted is from his own freakin official website! We have read what he has written..and what he has said word for word. We have every right not to like the man based on his own "foot in mouth" statements. It has nothing to do with him just being a Christian. If that was the case we wouldn't want or vote for any damn person running now would we?

We are open minded...and that's probably why we don't like such closed-minded religious zealots wanting to run the nation like it's their own freakin church.

tomspug

Absorbant
Excuse me...but what I posted and what Mike posted are directly FROM Huckabee himself! What I quoted is from his own freakin official website! We have read what he has written..and what he has said word for word. We have every right not to like the man based on his own "foot in mouth" statements. It has nothing to do with him just being a Christian. If that was the case we wouldn't want or vote for any damn person running now would we?

We are open minded...and that's probably why we don't like such closed-minded religious zealots wanting to run the nation like it's their own freakin church.

Fair enough. Exactly which of his POLICIES, you know, the things he would actually DO in the White House do you disagree with besides obvious ones like abortion and same-sex marriage?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Fair enough. Exactly which of his POLICIES, you know, the things he would actually DO in the White House do you disagree with besides obvious ones like abortion and same-sex marriage?

I'm sorry, isn't it enough that he wants to put nothing but pro-life people in the Supreme Court?

Or that he wants to to push for a constitutional amendment making marriage defined as the union of one man and one woman?

Or that he is against any embryonic stem cell research?

Or that he wants to get rid of employer sponsored health care and cut the spending we already have on government assisted health care and take all health care options to private sector insurance companies?

Or that he wants line-item veto power so he can pick and choose what he likes in a bill regardless of what the representatives feel are best for their constituents?

Or that he adamently opposes banning assault weapons when there is no need for such weapons to be in the hands of anyone outside of the military?

Those are some of the things that I disagree with. Now, you want to tell me that I have no right to feel this way again? Besides...his stance on abortion and same-sex marriage should be enough. They are huge issues not to be taken lightly.

A

angellous_evangellous

They are huge issues not to be taken lightly.

Yes, but with his measley amount of delegates, Huckabee is just another Baptist pastor blowing hot air. Fortunately for us, we can take him lightly.

tomspug

Absorbant
I'm sorry, isn't it enough that he wants to put nothing but pro-life people in the Supreme Court?

Or that he wants to to push for a constitutional amendment making marriage defined as the union of one man and one woman?

Or that he is against any embryonic stem cell research?

Or that he wants to get rid of employer sponsored health care and cut the spending we already have on government assisted health care and take all health care options to private sector insurance companies?

Or that he wants line-item veto power so he can pick and choose what he likes in a bill regardless of what the representatives feel are best for their constituents?

Or that he adamently opposes banning assault weapons when there is no need for such weapons to be in the hands of anyone outside of the military?

Those are some of the things that I disagree with. Now, you want to tell me that I have no right to feel this way again? Besides...his stance on abortion and same-sex marriage should be enough. They are huge issues not to be taken lightly.
These sound like great reasons not to vote REPUBLICAN to me. How are these stances different than those of other candidates?

And actually, I think the privatization of health-care is a great alternative to government-driven health care. History has shown that free-markets produce higher-quality products at lower prices over time. Isn't that better for the poor than standardizing everything? What current government-funded programs are the economic model for why universal health-care will be a success?

Draka

Wonder Woman
These sound like great reasons not to vote REPUBLICAN to me. How are these stances different than those of other candidates?

And actually, I think the privatization of health-care is a great alternative to government-driven health care. History has shown that free-markets produce higher-quality products at lower prices over time. Isn't that better for the poor than standardizing everything? What current government-funded programs are the economic model for why universal health-care will be a success?

The highlighted red part is one aspect to the answer to your question about the poor. What are they suppose to do if you take away Medicaid until health insurance, if ever, becomes affordable for them? Do you have any idea how many mothers and babies and children NEED Medicaid? Cut that back and pre-natal care and well-baby check-ups suffer. And the Medicaid program works wonderfully. I'm sure that could be broadened to cover far more people.

And you are right about one thing. They are great reasons not to vote republican. Which is why I never would. But of the republican candidates, he is the most obstinate and religiously driven. Which bothers more people than just me.

Luckily, since he didn't show well enough last night we really don't have to worry about him. And if McCain did name him for his running mate...I believe he'd lose more votes that way. Obviously there are plenty of republicans out there that aren't pleased with him either.

tomspug

Absorbant
The highlighted red part is one aspect to the answer to your question about the poor. What are they suppose to do if you take away Medicaid until health insurance, if ever, becomes affordable for them? Do you have any idea how many mothers and babies and children NEED Medicaid? Cut that back and pre-natal care and well-baby check-ups suffer. And the Medicaid program works wonderfully. I'm sure that could be broadened to cover far more people.

And you are right about one thing. They are great reasons not to vote republican. Which is why I never would. But of the republican candidates, he is the most obstinate and religiously driven. Which bothers more people than just me.

Luckily, since he didn't show well enough last night we really don't have to worry about him. And if McCain did name him for his running mate...I believe he'd lose more votes that way. Obviously there are plenty of republicans out there that aren't pleased with him either.

He WILL be McCain's running-mate unless McCain chooses a non-candidate for his VP, so we'll see if your prediction is right...

I don't know enough about Medicaid to discuss the subject further, but I'm pretty convinced that even if Hillary (Obama won't) tries to pass universal health-care, it won't get through. If the Democratic Congress didn't have the huevos to reform health-care now, what makes you think they'll do it with a Democratic president?

Draka

Wonder Woman
He WILL be McCain's running-mate unless McCain chooses a non-candidate for his VP, so we'll see if your prediction is right...

I don't know enough about Medicaid to discuss the subject further, but I'm pretty convinced that even if Hillary (Obama won't) tries to pass universal health-care, it won't get through. If the Democratic Congress didn't have the huevos to reform health-care now, what makes you think they'll do it with a Democratic president?

Hmmm...because it requires money, something Bush seems unwilling to spend quite a bit of unless it's on his war project.

tomspug

Absorbant
Hmmm...because it requires money, something Bush seems unwilling to spend quite a bit of unless it's on his war project.
The failure of health-care reform had nothing to do with Bush. You don't see any Democrats arguing that. NEITHER party wants to be burdened with health-care reform. Clinton is an exception.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The failure of health-care reform had nothing to do with Bush. You don't see any Democrats arguing that. NEITHER party wants to be burdened with health-care reform. Clinton is an exception.

Which is an excellent reason for me to keep supporting and voting for her. :yes:

Francine

NEITHER party wants to be burdened with health-care reform.

There's nothing to reform. There is no health-care system right now. It's every man for himself, and devil take the hindmost, even for wounded vets, unless you are a President or Congressman, then it's nothing but the best.