• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I know who killed Jesus

I posted this in another thread. “No one could kill Jesus; he lay down his life of his own free will. He laid it down knowing that he would take it up again. He's not dead, he is alive.”
If Jesus truly is the son of God that statement is true. Why do you suppose God would allow such a thing? When that question is worked out, understanding a multitude of other questions is a lot easier.

kai

ragamuffin
but do you know who killed **** Robin eh?

oh what! thats not a swear word is it? its an old English rhyme, thats englishaphobia man!

And what do you believe is the answer?
[FONT=&quot]All questions about God must be answered with His existence being a fact first of all. With that settled our minds are free to explore the many possibilities. Since I know God exist and a little bit about His many attributes, I can draw some conclusions as to why. Omniscience, He is all knowing, and He knows what must be done to do away with the sin that is destroying His creation. Omnipresent, He is universal, He is everywhere and He sees all the suffering since the beginning of creation. Omnipotent, He is all powerful, invincible God. No one could have harmed Jesus unless He allowed it to happen. God allowed those things in order to bring an end to all the suffering that our sin has brought to His creation.
[/FONT]

but do you know who killed **** Robin eh?

oh what! thats not a swear word is it? its an old English rhyme, thats englishaphobia man!
hehehefunnyyesyouare
"Who killed **** Robin?" "I," said the Sparrow,
"With my bow and arrow, I killed **** Robin."
"Who saw him die?" "I," said the Fly,
"With my little eye, I saw him die."
"Who caught his blood?" "I," said the Fish,
"With my little dish, I caught his blood."
"Who'll make the shroud?" "I," said the Beetle,
"With my thread and needle, I'll make the shroud."
"Who'll dig his grave?" "I," said the Owl,
"With my pick and shovel, I'll dig his grave."
"Who'll be the parson?" "I," said the Rook,
"With my little book, I'll be the parson."
"Who'll be the clerk?" "I," said the Lark,
"If it's not in the dark, I'll be the clerk."
"Who'll carry the link?" "I," said the Linnet,
"I'll fetch it in a minute, I'll carry the link."
"Who'll be chief mourner?" "I," said the Dove,
"I mourn for my love, I'll be chief mourner."
"Who'll carry the coffin?" "I," said the Kite,
"If it's not through the night, I'll carry the coffin."
"Who'll bear the pall? "We," said the Wren,
"Both the **** and the hen, we'll bear the pall."
"Who'll sing a psalm?" "I," said the Thrush,
"As she sat on a bush, I'll sing a psalm."
"Who'll toll the bell?" "I," said the bull,
"Because I can pull, I'll toll the bell."
All the birds of the air fell a-sighing and a-sobbing,
When they heard the bell toll for poor **** Robin.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The rhyme has been often reprinted with illustrations, as suitable reading material for small children.

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

[FONT=&quot]All questions about God must be answered with His existence being a fact first of all. With that settled our minds are free to explore the many possibilities. Since I know God exist and a little bit about His many attributes, I can draw some conclusions as to why. Omniscience, He is all knowing, and He knows what must be done to do away with the sin that is destroying His creation. Omnipresent, He is universal, He is everywhere and He sees all the suffering since the beginning of creation. Omnipotent, He is all powerful, invincible God. No one could have harmed Jesus unless He allowed it to happen. God allowed those things in order to bring an end to all the suffering that our sin has brought to His creation. [/FONT]

God's existence must always be a question, not a conclusion. With that doubt in our minds we are free to see the many alternatives and walk the many paths of possibilities. Since I'm unsure as to God's existence I question his omniscience, omnipresence and his omnipotence. While I feel that Jesus was an actual person who walked this earth, I question his lineage and whether that which we call God had anything overt to do with his story.

A

angellous_evangellous

So you say that you know who killed Jesus.

So who done it, and why does it matter after more than 2000 years? Is there some kind of statute of limitations, even for killing the son of God?

So you say that you know who killed Jesus.

So who done it, and why does it matter after more than 2000 years? Is there some kind of statute of limitations, even for killing the son of God?
The guilty party is God, but Jesus didn't stay dead. Jesus couldn't die unless God allowed it to happen. But God raised Him from the dead and He is alive, do you know that?

Tobi

[FONT=&quot]All questions about God must be answered with His existence being a fact first of all. With that settled our minds are free to explore the many possibilities. Since I know God exist and a little bit about His many attributes, I can draw some conclusions as to why. Omniscience, He is all knowing, and He knows what must be done to do away with the sin that is destroying His creation. Omnipresent, He is universal, He is everywhere and He sees all the suffering since the beginning of creation. Omnipotent, He is all powerful, invincible God. No one could have harmed Jesus unless He allowed it to happen. God allowed those things in order to bring an end to all the suffering that our sin has brought to His creation.
[/FONT]

We no more need to presuppose Yahweh's existance to talk about him than we need to presuppose the existance of unicorns to talk about them.

Define "Omnipotent". Can Yahweh create a being more powerful than himself/square circles/the like, or is he limited by the confines of logic?

So... seeing as he's all powerful, his plan must have worked, right? We're in the clear, then? Plagues and wars and birth defects and starvation are part of the perfect order of a world without suffering?

OmarKhayyam

"All questions about God must be answered with His existence being a fact first of all"

Since that existence is VERY MUCH in doubt nothing that follows matters - does it?

We no more need to presuppose Yahweh's existance to talk about him than we need to presuppose the existance of unicorns to talk about them.

Define "Omnipotent". Can Yahweh create a being more powerful than himself/square circles/the like, or is he limited by the confines of logic?

So... seeing as he's all powerful, his plan must have worked, right? We're in the clear, then? Plagues and wars and birth defects and starvation are part of the perfect order of a world without suffering?
We can’t begin to understand what God is doing unless we believe He exists in the first place. When that is established as a certain fact, we can then start to figure out what He may be doing in this messed up world.

Trey of Diamonds

We can’t begin to understand what God is doing unless we believe He exists in the first place. When that is established as a certain fact, we can then start to figure out what He may be doing in this messed up world.

Question. When you say that God exists, which one do you speak of? I assume you are speaking of the Abrahamic God but even he comes in a multitude of versions so which do you insist is the correct one we should all be believing in. Because I'm very sure the God I believe in has no resemblance to the one you do.

A

angellous_evangellous

When our belief is established as fact, or the existence of God is established as fact?

Surely you can understand the difference.

A

angellous_evangellous

The guilty party is God, but Jesus didn't stay dead. Jesus couldn't die unless God allowed it to happen. But God raised Him from the dead and He is alive, do you know that?

So is God a murderer, and personally responsible for every other sin that she "allows" to happen?

Question. When you say that God exists, which one do you speak of? I assume you are speaking of the Abrahamic God but even he comes in a multitude of versions so which do you insist is the correct one we should all be believing in. Because I'm very sure the God I believe in has no resemblance to the one you do.
Yes I believe in the Abrahamic God. This God;
"You alone are the LORD;
You have made heaven,
The heaven of heavens, with all their host,
The earth and everything on it,
The seas and all that is in them,
And You preserve them all.
The host of heaven worships You".
Nehemiah 9:6