1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured I Know What God Fears

Discussion in 'Theological Concepts' started by Wandering Monk, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Hanne

Hanne Follower of Jesus Christ

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    non-denominational Christian
    actually I don't mean ascribing human qualities to God... I rather think the other way round: God gave us His divine qualities.
    Interesting question. Lets debate it some other time.

2. Hanne

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    well, I don't think we humans and God are identical. There are differences. God is holy and good. But man failed.

3. viole

viole Ontological Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,035
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    Correct, for God exists only when someone believes in Him. It is a sort of Cartesian argument from God's point of view: you do not think, therefore I am.

Ciao

- viole

4. viole

viole Ontological Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,035
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    Lucky me. I am woman.

Ciao

- viole

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Etritonakin

Etritonakin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +415
    While "the most high God" would logically want to create others -as more happy persons is the opposite of loneliness (It is not good that God should be alone, either), such a god is also logically and necessarily the center of attention.
    We do not call it egotistical when a good human leader of any sort knows their position and requires the attention of others to do extremely good works together.
    Worship/praise of God is both to focus on the fact of his natural position -and because it makes him happy when we acknowledge the good he does for us (though the good that will come of his allowing this temporary mess will mostly be understood and acknowledged later).

Imagine if God developed alone from greatest possible simplicity -as opposed to our awakening into ready-made bodies and minds among many others.
    I'd imagine that would be quite scary sometimes.

#45 Etritonakin, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. InChrist

InChrist Free4ever

Ratings:
    +2,071
    I believe God created humans to share His love and glory. We were created to be in a loving relationship with our Creator. People may believe they can be satisfied apart from God, but the scriptures show they are blinded by Satan who is the enemy of God and humanity.
    God is holy, pure and righteous so He does not experience evil emotion as you listed. Those are human emotions which have been tainted and caused by sin.
    Just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Ratings:
    +16,891
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    I know what God likes, I know what God wants...

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1fan

F1fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,248
    Religion:
    Buddhist
    This is what theists are taught, at least in Western religions. But creating a male God that has harsh judgment is exactly what men in primitive societies do.

Right, the only reason a God would have gender ascribed to it was to endorse the gender making the rules, and desiring authority.

9. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +12,556
    Religion:
    Atheist, Advaita (Non-duality), Orthodox Hindu
    That is not what you wrote in your previous post. ;)

"The Bible says we are made in His image, so I conclude when we are able to feel emotions, so is God."

#49 Aupmanyav, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  10. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +12,556
    Religion:
    I lead a peaceful happy life without harming others. I fulfill all my responsibilities. If Satan has made me do that, why should I hate Satan? Why should I care for scriptures? What evidence they give for what they say?

11. InChrist

InChrist Free4ever

Ratings:
    +2,071
    I am glad you have a happy peaceful life and don’t harm others. I have found that usually people, including myself, think we are basically pretty good and we easily or blindly overlook or minimize our faults. I find it’s more realistic and honest to judge myself from God’s holy perspective through the lens of the scriptures. You may not be interested in that, though.
    Have a good night.

12. Hanne

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    since when do you think Christianity is a Western religion. Abraham came from what is Irak today (I think). He came from a city called Ur.

13. Hanne

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    yeah, you're right.
    Let me reconcile these two: Bible says, He created man in His image... however after He created, something happened: man sinned and this is why our emotions are no longer good and holy.
    But in the beginning, we used to be flawless.
    And even before Adam sinned, he did have emotions, see Genesis 2:23.

14. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +12,556
    Religion:
    :) If man was created in the image of God, how could he sin unless God so wanted? Why does not God with all his might finish Satan once for all?
    Yeah, personal Gods cannot be without emotions.

15. Hanne

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    The living God is God, man is man, Numbers 23:19. We are not on the same level. We are similar to God but not equal.

In my opinion, God did not want man to sin, but he gave man the freedom to sin.

16. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +12,556
    Religion:
    That is so nice of God. I really love this God. Not only that he gave us freedom to sin but also arranged for an angel/serpent to help us sin. Without sin, where is the fun in life? :)

17. Messianic Israelite

Messianic Israelite Active Member

Ratings:
    +170
    Religion:
    Assemblies of Yahweh
    The first commandment "You shall have no other Elohim before me" clearly shows that Yahweh wants to be the center of our affection and the one whom we hold most dear. But ignoring Yahweh only damages us, our spiritual life and our chances to make it to His Kingdom. It's not just for His benefit that He doesn't want to be ignored.

On the same thought, I find it difficult to understand how people can ignore Yahweh, the Creator and Sustainer of this Universe. The one who sent His only begotten Son, Yahshua the Messiah, to save us from sins.

18. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,529
    Oddly enough, they usually seem to match the likes and wants of the believer.

19. mikkel_the_dane

mikkel_the_dane Shadow Wolf's Aspie sibling

Ratings:
    +2,165
    Religion:
    The Wrong One
    Well, for a global skeptic like me that is the case for all cases of "I know what the world is...".