• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I know demons exist, therefore I know God exists

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
For sixteen years I was haunted by a demon, but with Christ’s help (and by getting baptised) it now no longer bothers me...

I’m glad I’ve had the experience of being haunted by a demon, here is my logic:

I can be sure demons exist
If demons exist then there must be Satan
If Satan exists then God exists – good news!

I now have personal evidence for God’s existence, which is good!

I’ve also learnt that God is good, as he has helped deliver me from the influence of my demon

My experience with a demon has given my faith in there being God an enormous boost

Just thought I'd share :)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
For sixteen years I was haunted by a demon, but with Christ’s help (and by getting baptised) it now no longer bothers me...

I’ve also learnt that God is good, as he has helped deliver me from the influence of my demon

My experience with a demon has given my faith in there being God an enormous boost

Please describe what you consider as being haunted by a demon? How did you know it was a demon?

Might it have been a period in your life in which you suffered psychological problems and your belief in Christ gave you comfort and helped you overcome this through a psychological process?

Have you researched whether there are parallel cases in other religions in which they claimed to be demon possessed and when they prayed to another god or did something else, that the demon disappeared?

How do you know that it was some other being and not god that felt pity on you and helped you overcome the problem?

By the way this is just me being intrigued by your thought process. I am fascinated by these things. I am glad that your new found faith helped you overcome such a difficulty. That is one of the purposes of religions. I hope you are for ever free.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Please describe what you consider as being haunted by a demon? How did you know it was a demon?
I can be sure the being who haunted me was a demon because it was a malign and intrusive influence

It had me under its power, but all its power was given to it by me, by me paying attention to it, the moment I cast it out by rejecting and ignoring it it became powerless, it was a gutless parasite!

How do you know that it was some other being and not god that felt pity on you and helped you overcome the problem?
I don't, but I attribute getting rid of it to God, due to faith

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I can be sure the being who haunted me was a demon because it was a malign and intrusive influence

It had me under its power, but all its power was given to it by me, by me paying attention to it, the moment I cast it out by rejecting and ignoring it it became powerless, it was a gutless parasite!

I don't, but I attribute getting rid of it to God, due to faith

Faith is indeed a powerful force. Remain focused on what is positive not on that negative thing. All the best.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@Israel Khan -

All you need to do is search the term “messiah” on the forum or the term “butterfly” or the term “simulation theory” using the forum search tool and choose Eddi as the member and you’ll come above the information you’ve asked about.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
@Israel Khan -

All you need to do is search the term “messiah” on the forum or the term “butterfly” or the term “simulation theory” using the forum search tool and choose Eddi as the member and you’ll come above the information you’ve asked about.
Hi @RabbiO

I no longer believe in Simulation Theory or that I'm the Messiah

I have come to my senses

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So was that you under the influence of the other entity?
The demon lied to me

Sometimes it told me it was God and that I was the Messiah

At other times it told me the world is a computer simulation, and that it was the over-seer of "The Simulation"

Foolishly, I believed it, I allowed it to have power over me

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I've had interactions with a number of different entities, some I'd see as demons. A lot of it depended of the religion/beliefs I was involved with at the time.

What I now believe is like while dreaming, the unconscious mind is capable of creating creating the experience of autonomous we consciously interact with. They can be benevolent, destructive or something in between.

I understand the reality of the experience the unconscious mind is capable of creating. So I really don't question the experience of reality you've had. I do question the source. The source of these experiences is likely your own unconscious mind, however since we don't have conscious access to the unconscious mind it is difficult, maybe impossible to prove.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
The demon lied to me

Sometimes it told me it was God and that I was the Messiah

At other times it told me the world is a computer simulation, and that it was the over-seer of "The Simulation"

Foolishly, I believed it, I allowed it to have power over me

I am so glad that you overcame that. Well done for being so strong.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Why? How do you distinguish the "spiritual" from the imaginary?
On the compelling strength of sixteen years of personal experience

And regarding your other points:

If there are demons then there must be Satan because by definition demons are servants of Satan - just like if there are angels then there must be God, or if there are soldiers to be seen then there must be an army officer about somewhere...

And if there is Satan then there must be God because by definition Satan was created by God - and then rebelled against him

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
On the compelling strength of sixteen years of personal experience

And regarding your other points:

If there are demons then there must be Satan because by definition demons are servants of Satan - just like if there are angels then there must be God, or if there are soldiers to be seen then there must be an army officer about somewhere...

And if there is Satan then there must be God because by definition Satan was created by God - and then rebelled against him

That is only from a Christian standpoint though. Other religions believe in such creatures:

Demon - Wikipedia

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

What does "know" mean, in this context?

I know people who know that the South American continent was almost straight south of the North American continent just a few years ago.
Is that what you mean?
Tom

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

What does "know" mean, in this context?

I know people who know that the South American continent was almost straight south of the North American continent just a few years ago.
Is that what you mean?
Tom
It means that within my mind things function as though the belief that demons exist is true

And that because of this, in my mind things function as though the belief that God exists is true

Due to logic/reasoning (and faith)

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Why? How do you distinguish the "spiritual" from the imaginary?

In my experience you can't. Conscious imagining, we are all aware of. Spiritual experiences are not conscious imagining. They are something else. One has to decide for themselves whether the source is internal or external and stick with that decision without necessarily proving one way or the other.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

There are "Demons" in many different mythologies, so who's God(s) are they really an indictator for?