• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I knew Trump was lacking in intelligence and self-awareness, but damn...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Or maybe he just dosen't care what the jokes "supposed" to be about...
Someone as narcissistic as Trump certainly would worry about their image; how they're portrayed, perceived, etc. but since his intelligence is inversely proportionate to his ego, he thinks it's a compliment rather than an insult.

He's simply a witless dope.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Someone as narcissistic as Trump certainly would worry about their image; how they're portrayed, perceived, etc. but since his intelligence is inversely proportionate to his ego, he thinks it's a compliment rather than an insult.

I know that’s not true. He’s reassigning imagery in his own favor intentionally.

I don't think Trump is anywhere near as dumb as his detractors seem to think he is.

I think his Twitter account is a lot like his overall presentation with the public. He likes attention whether it's positive or negative.

Threads like these remind me of the GWB administration where late night TV shows would spend their full hour making Bush intelligence jokes (which is ironic because they became stale and low brow very quickly - leaving only dumb audience members genuinely laughing at them).

The guy just ended the 18 year Afghanistan War and the economy is better than it's been since the 2000 election. His administration isn't doing that bad of a job.

People who rail on about what a stupid ******* he is are focusing on triviality and it really says far more about the shortcomings of his critics than anything else.

"I voted for him therefore I must pretend that he his perfect and infallible. *kisses feet*"
Such a bizarre mentality. o_O

Even if this was the case, which it clearly isn't, then he still managed to fail horribly regardless.

I think it's clear that what people are trying to communicate to you is flying way over your head. Trump's performances included.

There are plenty of Trump supporters who adore his ability to satirize himself and his public image. I can't think of any other president who intentionally pokes fun at himself and his supporters the way that Trump does.

It's sad and, like I said, ironic that lefties used to be the ones who were witty, subversive and understanding of the nuances involved in political satire.

Certainly ain't the case now - and your thread is a prime example of this.