• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just saw this ridiculous commercial for the 2nd time:

Bob the Unbeliever

How much was the cost of making the modern Ark and how many work hours were spent making it? Are all the materials and tools the same as could have been used in ancient times? Is it seaworthy? The answers to these questions are that the "ark encounter" although profitable, isn't comparable to Noah's in any way.

Actually, at last look, the Ark Encounter is hemorrhaging large piles of cash, and will likely be bankrupt within a few more months.

Videos of their nearly empty parking lot-- even on holidays -- is quite telling. They cannot afford to keep the lights on, never mind keep up the safety equipment. (neither of which Noah had).

I did find it quite hilarious, that the Ark Encounter had something like 6 or 10 massive Air Conditioning machines out behind the false facade of the ... ahem... "ark".

I also found it most amusing that it was constructed of concrete and steel, and even the wooden parts uses massive, thick steel plates with very strong steel bolts holding it all together -- NONE of which Noah had access to... what with being in the Bronze Age and all...

But the BEST part? Was the use of massive steel construction cranes to build the thing...! That was so funny I laughed out loud when I saw the photos...

Bob the Unbeliever

If god could use his mystical 'n magical powers to lead or even teleport the animals to Noah, then why bother with the wacky boat and flood shenanigans at all? Why not just instantly poof away all of the wicked folk? The fact that biblical stories have god doing things in such an irrational, inefficient, impractical, convoluted Rube Goldberg-esque manner alone shows what a crock of **** it is, never mind the complete lack of supporting evidence vs. an insurmountable mountain of evidence to the contrary.

I've been asking this of ark-believers for years, now. Why didn't god simply change all the evil people's brains?

I mean-- the whole "free will" is rather moot if you are just gonna drown the whole lot-- including all the innocent children and babies.

I would think a single generation of robot-adults, who followed god's rules perfectly, so that they could raise the innocents into the right ways of doing, would be so WORTH it.

But then, I have the 20/20 of hindsight, when looking at what is clearly just a rather silly myth.

Bob the Unbeliever

Fair enough - once "magic poofing" or "God did it" has been invoked in the explanation for some aspects of the story, it's hard to say that it can't be used for anything else:

How did Noah collect all the animals? God did it magically.

How did they all not starve or suffocate in the Ark? God did it magically.

How did all the water appear? God did it magically.

How did all the water disappear after? God did it magically.

... and on and on.

No absurdity or contradiction in the story can convince a person that the story is false if they've accepted "magic poofing" as a valid explanation.

You can't fool me: It's Magical Elephants all the way down, what support the disc of the Earth! ;)

Bob the Unbeliever

Boy, I don't know.

Psalms 104
You built the earth on its foundations,
so it can never be moved.
6 You covered it with water like a blanket.
The water covered even the mountains.

7 But you gave the command, and the water turned back.
You shouted at the water, and it rushed away.
8 The water flowed down from the mountains into the valleys,
to the places you made for it.

9 You set the limits for the seas,
and the water will never again rise to cover the earth.
And what's the deal with the earth being built on a foundation?

Blasphemy! Everyone knows it's ELEPHANTS, not turtles!

Bob the Unbeliever

I wrote this years ago, and some of it is kind of dated, and the updated figures only make matters worse for the ark story. But I grew so tired of having to tell creationists the same arguments over and over, that I created a little file. Here's what's left after several years of neglect. There may be spelling errors in there, Mea Culpa. Wrote it in notepad, no spellcheck back then.

1) a wooden boat made to Bible spec? Would break in 1/2 with the first 3 foot wave. Ark fail.
2) a wooden boat that size, without a rudder, would founder and sink with the first set of 5 foot waves. Ark fail.
3) there was only 1 hatch-- in the top-- how did they muck out the manure of 5 MILLION species of animals? Ark fail.
4) not enough room for food-- too small. Ark fail.
5) what did the meat-eaters eat? Every time Noah fed the lions or the tigers? *poof* a species of animal IS EXTINCT. Ark fail.
6) there is not enough water on the earth, to flood all the mountains, as specified in the Bible. Ark fail.
7) if it did rain enough water (magic?) in only 40 days, to cover all the mountains? The rate of water-fall would be as dense as actual water-- like being IN a waterfall, in fact. Such a high rate of fall, would have destroyed Noah's wooden boat in minutes.
More: Everything would have drowned, too. Ark fail.
8) Noah did not bring trees onboard. Any biologist knows that trees, when drowned, die.
Noah was no on-board long enough for new Olive trees to re-grow in time for leaves to be found by his dove. Ark fail.
9) Terrestrial plant seeds, if immersed in water for very long-- several days-- will simply rot and die. After the whole earth was flooded, the Bible says nearly a year, before the water "went down"... WHERE? This would have destroyed ALL plant-life on earth.
Once Noah opened his boat? He would have seen nothing but deadwood and mud. All the plant-eaters starved within days.
Ark fail.
10) Once the ark was opened? Who fed the meat-eaters? Oops! The Tigers just ate that gazelle-- and now gazelles are extinct.
WHAT DID THE MEAT-EATERS EAT, AFTER THE ARK WAS OPENED? Only 2 pair, after all! Ark fail.
11) I guess the Unicorns, as mentioned in the Bible did not make the cut, onto the ark.... Ark fail?
12) What did Noah and his idiot sons drink, while on the ark? All the hatches, according to the Bible, were CLOSED. There was not enough room on-board, to carry enough water for Noah for nearly a year-- LET ALONE ALL THE ANIMALS, TOO. Ark fail.
13) Why are there ancient cities-- UNBROKEN-- from before the ark, right on through it's alleged happening, NO FLOOD, and on to today? Ark fail.
14) China. Unbroken history, to thousands of years PRIOR to the ark. No flood story. Ark fail.
15) Cave paintings in Europe. Charcoal. Immersion in water would have erased them. These are 15,000 years and older. Ark fail.
16) Rocks. If there were a global flood? You would see a universal, world-wide layer of compressed mud-- DATING TO THE SAME TIME. This is not the case-- not even a little bit. Ark fail.
17) Dead fish. Noah was >>not<< instructed to bring fishes onto the ark. Yet? Putting enough fresh (rain) water into the salt oceans to cover the mountains, would dilute it to dangerous levels-- KILLING ALL LIFE IN ALL THE OCEANS, EVERYWHERE.
From whence did modern sea life come from, then? Magic? Ark fail.
18) Insects. The number and variation of species of insects alone-- would have filled up the ark, hundreds of times over. Ark fail.
19) Birds. The number and variation of bird species-- including all the UNIQUE ONES from all the islands, would have filled up the ark multiple times over. Ark fail.
20) HOW did the animals get from the ark, to Australia? The animals living there now, and back to pre-historic times, are UNIQUE to that continent. And the Bible has NO MENTION of them-- AT ALL. Ark fail.
21) If the human race descended from Noah and his idiot sons?(By having sex with his daughters--as the Bible documents...)
Then we would see a genetic bottleneck, roughly 4,000 years ago, in the human genome. Do we see this? NO. Ark fail.
22) The population of the world, in 3,000 BCE, is too high, if all humans came from 4 breeding pairs, roughly 1,000 years earlier. Ark fail.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
No.. there is not one shred of evidence in support of global genocide.
Google "bones in the Alaskan muck"
Google "bones in the Yukon muck"
Google "bones in Siberian permafrost"
Google "Frank C. Hibben, Alaska" (Even he didn't want to admit the source of the devastation.) This professor experienced ridicule for just reporting and describing the extent of the carnage.

Then you can apologize.
Lol....like you'd ever. Sorry, was that mean?

Nevermind leaking -- a boat that long, using **wood** would leak to the point that nothing could pump fast enough to bail out the leakage. Noah did NOT have modern glues, and nothing from 4000 BCE would work for a boat that big.

You forget....it was covered inside and out with tar.

"Noah did NOT have modern glues, and nothing from 4000 BCE would work for a boat that big."

How do you know? Were you there? They had technology to build the pyramids.

Really, that's neither here nor there. Jehovah was the One behind it, giving Noah those ideal dimensions and all.

Just the fact that he had those ideal dimensions (Length was 6 times the width and 3 times the height), as revealed by Moses, is evidence in itself that Divine Providence was behind the event!

Last edited:

Milton Platt

One objection I've heard humpteen times, is how did Noah find, i.e., 'get', all those animals.

Well, he didn't have to...the animals "came to" him @ the ark, as per vs.9.

How did the animals get to him from Australia, and all the Pacific islands? What did he feed the Koalas on the ark? What did he feed the anteaters on the ark if he only had two ants?

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Lacking any evidence, yes I will, which is.

It doesn't exist and you're blowing smoke.
Shame! Shame! Shame!
animated-face-image-0014.gif

So I take it, you didn't read comparative verses of Psalm 104 on BibleHub. They mostly agree, that "water covered all the mountains," but then say that "mountains rose and valleys fell."

I can't hone your reasoning skills, only you can do that.

(Which, I will say, are usually top on...when it's something you want to believe. You have above average reasoning skills...but I don't think you want to reason on this.)

Let me ask you this: Genesis 7:11 mentions that "vast springs of the watery deep" were opened up; what effect would this have on the land? Wouldn't the land sink, i.e., "valleys fell", where the land was directly above these springs, due to the vacuum created? Or, there probably was no vacuum....it could have been, the land falling, forced the water directly under it, to spew out.

It's simple physics.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
All that Bible hub did was to show that "Get" was a poor word. That really has no effect on the flood myth. That was an example of grasping at straws. If one is correct on a point that makes no difference why even bring it up in the first place? As you pointed out it is way of blowing smoke to try to distract from the epic failures of the story.
Lol!! To build anything, you've got to remove all the obstacles, one at a time. I simply removed one, an objection I've heard for years.

So, that one -- that Noah had to take so much time to "get" all the animals -- is gone.

I ain't done.

And the objection about the water needed to "cover Mt. Everest" -- LOL -- is gone.

Still ain't done.

Skwim

Veteran Member
So I take it, you didn't read comparative verses of Psalm 104 on BibleHub.
I'll read it when you have the nerve to post the relevant verse(s). Until then your inability only shows

it doesn't exist and you're blowing smoke.
Have a good day.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lol!! To build anything, you've got to remove all the obstacles, one at a time. I simply removed one, an objection I've heard for years.

So, that one -- that Noah had to take so much time to "get" all the animals -- is gone.

I ain't done.

And the objection about the water needed to "cover Mt. Everest" -- LOL -- is gone.

Still ain't done.
You have not removed any. You merely made a strawman argument. You want a boat that does not have enough animals on it, not enough food on it, and no way for those animals to breath if you got them all on it. The story fails at all levels. At best you can only shift the goal post around.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I ain't done.

Still ain't done.
Nope, now you are at best fibbing. We know how old the Earth is. We know how old the mountains are. You have to prove that all of those scientists are wrong and you cannot do that.

My new line this week is "excuses are not explanation" and all you have are excuses.

This is why you need to learn at least a little science before you try to debate. Would you care to start on the basics.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
How did the animals get to him from Australia, and all the Pacific islands? What did he feed the Koalas on the ark? what did he feed the anteaters on the ark if he only had two ants?
Concerning eating.....Let me ask you this:
Do you think it possible that God could have induced a state of hibernation for those animals? So they wouldn't eat much?

Does the Bible say? No, it doesn't. But it seems likely, given there was only the one entrance/exit on the Ark....the 1-cubit-high window, that stretched around the Ark, was near the top.

During stormy weather (which is what the Flood was, lol), many animals tend to enter a state of hibernation, or at least torpor, inactivity.

Could Jehovah just keep them from getting hungry? In the Book of Daniel, we are told of a situation where Daniel was thrown into a pit of lions...they didn't attack him. Were they not hungry? No, they were! Daniel was taken out, his accusers were hurled in, and the lions ate them up quickly.

Where the Bible is silent on details of anything, I go with what the interpretation allows and makes the most sense, staying within the parameters of the story. And consider the Bible's entire context. I've never found it to be wrong.

Concerning their distribution after the Flood.....

Again, the Bible is silent. But it does tell that Jehovah God took Elijah "up in a windstorm, in a flaming chariot." (He wasn't taken to heaven, as many think....a while later, he wrote a letter to Israel's new king.) Apparently, he was simply transported to another area. Couldn't Jehovah do the same? Though He's not required to give us any explanation.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Nope, now you are at best fibbing. We know how old the Earth is. We know how old the mountains are. You have to prove that all of those scientists are wrong and you cannot do that.

My new line this week is "excuses are not explanation" and all you have are excuses.

This is why you need to learn at least a little science before you try to debate. Would you care to start on the basics.
Thing is, fundies don't bother to learn anything about science because they know it would devastate their faith, so they avoid it at all costs, preferring instead to go into silly tap dances; ignorantly sniping at science, and cherry-picking their Bible to suit their theologies.

Not a pretty performance,
1f10177a76d2f7780a022c73910f01bc.gif

but there you are. :shrug:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Thing is, fundies don't bother to learn anything about science because they know it would devastate their faith, so they avoid it at all costs, preferring instead to go into silly tap dances; ignorantly sniping at science, and cherry-picking their Bible to suit their theologies.

Not a pretty performance,
1f10177a76d2f7780a022c73910f01bc.gif

but there you are. :shrug:

You only hope.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Well its actually 3 against 1,000, I hope, as we have God too.

However, I may have lowered your odds. God seem to like a small army, remember Gideon, and then there was David. God and David alone.
You're so right!

I was just playing, I know my brothers and sisters on here -- which are few, actually, like @Deeje, @nPeace and @Vee -- support the Bible's Flood.
@URAVIP2ME is another supporter of the Flood.

Someday, everyone will know! They may have to be resurrected, but they will know.....who God is, and everything the Bible teaches.

It'll just be up to each individual to accept it.