• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just got here

Hi, George! Welcome to RF. It's a real pleasure meeting someone here who is actually older than I am. ;) Funny that you're from Tennessee. I just went to Nashville for a couple of days this past weekend. I'd never been in your great state before. I really enjoyed myself, went to the Grand Ole Opry (even though I detest country music) and had some great ribs. I also got to meet an online friend (despi from here on RF) while I was there. (Meeting her was my primary reason for going back there.) She's from Sevierville.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Well...I managed to get myself into trouble already...what else is new?

I appreciate the kind comments. I've never been to the opry but way back when I was a kid my grandparents used to listen to it on an old battery powered RCA console radio every Saturday night. I've been a fan of the smoky mountains and the TVA lakes all my life.

There are some good ribs around here. If you ever get a chance go to a Calhouns restaurant. They have several here in east Tennessee.

Thanks. It is an expansion on Thomas Paines', "My mind is my own church."

I've read a lot of Paine's ideas...online.

He and most of the other framers believed in a god much like that of Native Americans. They recognized the bible as a work in futility and the new testament as mostly garbage. Thomas Jefferson called it a dunghill. They made no mention of Jesus or Christ or the Trinity or Christianity anywhere in the declaration of independence or the constitution. They did mention the god of nature. Go Figure!

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I've read a lot of Paine's ideas...online.

He and most of the other framers believed in a god much like that of Native Americans. They recognized the bible as a work in futility and the new testament as mostly garbage. Thomas Jefferson called it a dunghill. They made no mention of Jesus or Christ or the Trinity or Christianity anywhere in the declaration of independence or the constitution. They did mention the god of nature. Go Figure!
Natures God, a non-interventionist First Cause, or Prime Mover.
The Age Of Reason - Part I
:)
Have you read Jeffersons version of the New Testament?
The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth: Extracted Textually from the Gospels Greek, Latin, French, and English

challupa