• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just got here

challupa

Must be a mistake on mine...now it shows tens of thousands :)
My you've advanced on RF quickly :D Welcome by the way! I am also agnostic and believe it's pretty much impossible to know. I'm open to being swayed, but after 54 years I am still agnostic. Maybe I'm just thick skulled. Many theists likely think so. However, I just don't know and so far no great insights. I am an athiest when it comes to Abrahamic religions though. There is no way I can envision a god like that if there is one!:no:

Without getting into anything especially heavy I'll say that I believe man created god in his image instead of the other way round. Judgemental, jealous, egotistical, vindictive etc.

challupa

Without getting into anything especially heavy I'll say that I believe man created god in his image instead of the other way round. Judgemental, jealous, egotistical, vindictive etc.
I think you'll find a good number of people on RF believe that too. Of course there are also a great number that don't. Makes for some real good debates, discussions etc. I think you'll like it here. It's fun, enlightening and there are alot of intelligent, fun people here.

I think you'll find a good number of people on RF believe that too. Of course there are also a great number that don't. Makes for some real good debates, discussions etc. I think you'll like it here. It's fun, enlightening and there are alot of intelligent, fun people here.

I come up short in one of the aforementioned categories but I'll try to be fun. :)

.lava

Veteran Member
I just got here. I'm an old man and much of the frustrations of living in east Tennessee for seventy five years will be apparent in my posts. I'm agnostic...I don't know and you don't either! :)

hi :) welcome. i don't either?? now, please don't pull me into this :D

Well said :)

OK...now I'm started.

On the being created in god's image. All of the 4,000+ species of mammals and other than intermediate shrewlike forms most of the remainder of a million named species of life on earth have a brain, a heart, lungs, digestive systems, eyes, a mouth at the front/top through which to ingest nutrients and a rectum at the bottom/rear through which to extrude waste products.

There are always reproductive organs located within a few inches or centimeters of the rectum. The subtle effect of gravity over millions of years making it easier to ingest at the top and defecate from the rear. Now if god created us in his image and if all of us are so similar does the creator have to ingest nutrients and defecate every day or is that just a thing he put on all of us as a joke?

i guess he ignores me...well, that's a start

Did not intend to do that.

Hi and have a good day

By the way...I wanted to say that I like this:

"Nature is my Bible, the Mind is my church, Reason is my dogma"

I like to think of myself as a realist and a pragmatist.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I just got here. I'm an old man and much of the frustrations of living in east Tennessee for seventy five years will be apparent in my posts. I'm agnostic...I don't know and you don't either! :)
Hi, George! Welcome to RF. It's a real pleasure meeting someone here who is actually older than I am. ;) Funny that you're from Tennessee. I just went to Nashville for a couple of days this past weekend. I'd never been in your great state before. I really enjoyed myself, went to the Grand Ole Opry (even though I detest country music) and had some great ribs. I also got to meet an online friend (despi from here on RF) while I was there. (Meeting her was my primary reason for going back there.) She's from Sevierville.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Last edited: