• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hope in life you never get like this

We Never Know

No Slack
This is a prime example of how not to be. Its just pure idiocy, meanness, or whatever.

One has to wonder why the person on the left evidently doesn't like the person on the right.

Is one a dem, the other a repub...
Is one an atheist, the other religious...
Is one gay, the other straight...
Is the person is just an ***hole...
Etc.etc.

IMG_20230127_095543.jpg

Altfish

Veteran Member
This is a prime example of how not to be. Its just pure idiocy, meanness, or whatever.

One has to wonder why the person on the left evidently doesn't like the person on the right.

Is the person is just an a-hole...
Etc.etc.
I doubt anyone of those conflicting opinions would ever do that. In fact those are the reasons of a bigot.
I'm an atheist and left leaning, my neighbour is a religious Tory, he'd do mine and likewise I'd do his.
There is a more fundamental reason for their selfishness.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Etc.etc.

View attachment 71056
Oscar and Felix.

They need each other.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Etc.etc.

View attachment 71056
What if the person on the left has a disability and the person on the right refused to help?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Etc.etc.

View attachment 71056

Maybe nobody lives next door.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
What if the person on the left and the person on the right are both able-bodied, and the person on the left has been shoveling snow for both sides for a very long time, and the person on the right has never made in effort to reciprocate?

Suppose that picture you posted has just such a backstory, and now the person on the left has become tired of being taken for granted all this time? So now the person on the left leaves the job half-done as a not-so-subtle hint to the person on the right that says: "Hey, it's time for you to do your part, mate."

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
When I lived in urban London, up until my late teens, mostly we all cleared snow from outside our property - and would have done so for leaves were they present. And if someone was not capable of doing so themselves then their neighbour would do it. Not so for many other places apparently or things have changed. :oops:

PS I suspect that there is less clearing done these days because one might be liable if an accident occurred due to any work undertaken.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Thats not etc etc. The image implies the person in the left house is in the wrong. But it could be the person in the right is wrong and the person on the left is being wrongly demonized.

Is the person is just an ******...
Etc.etc.

Etc being....other possibilies

-the person on the left has a disability and the person on the right refused to help
-One is on vacation
Etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
-the person on the left has a disability and the person on the right refused to help
-One is on vacation
Etc etc
And that becomes problematic because if anything like that is true the person on the left is not wrong but saying this person is in the wrong is an ****.

We Never Know

No Slack
And that becomes problematic because if anything like that is true the person on the left is not wrong but saying this person is in the wrong is an ****.

Has anyone said the person on the left is on ****?
Nope mostly made excuses.
No one besides me said they wouldn't be that way regardless.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
When first reading this thread, I saw the title, and the image. Where my brain went with that "jerk to the left" was "why did that guy clear off all the pretty snow and can't they just leave it alone and appreciate how pretty it is?!"

Moral of the story - please check your assumptions.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

How much more effort does it take? :shrug:

Honestly I don't like cleaning up after others but in this case it really wouldn't take much effort to be a friendly neighbor.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Could'a been worse...
The shoveler dint stand on the snowy
side while shoveling the other.
(Compressed snow easily turns to ice.)

Clizby Wampuscat

Etc.etc.

View attachment 71056
I think some people are overanalyzing and missing the point. The point is if you can help someone you should no matter how small of a gesture it is.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
We don't know the story there.

Maybe the person on the right borrowed the person on the left's lawn mower and never gave it back.

Maybe the person on the right had a barbecue last summer and didn't invite the person on the left.

Maybe the person on the right is a speed freak and keeps the person on the left up all night playing the same Ethel Merman records over and over and over and then when the person on the left goes to complain the person on the right just turns it up even louder and maybe the person on the right has a dog that keeps crapping in the walkway so when the person on the left comes home after a hard day's work with no sleep he has to step in a big steaming pile of dog poop and God I hate the person on the right!!! I hope he slips in the snow and breaks his tailbone!!!
Give me my @#&$#!&! lawn mower back you @#$&$&@! tweeker!!

We Never Know

No Slack
We don't know the story there.

Maybe the person on the right borrowed the person on the left's lawn mower and never gave it back.

Maybe the person on the right had a barbecue last summer and didn't invite the person on the left.

Maybe the person on the right is a speed freak and keeps the person on the left up all night playing the same Ethel Merman records over and over and over and then when the person on the left goes to complain the person on the right just turns it up even louder and maybe the person on the right has a dog that keeps crapping in the walkway so when the person on the left comes home after a hard day's work with no sleep he has to step in a big steaming pile of dog poop and God I hate the person on the right!!! I hope he slips in the snow and breaks his tailbone!!!
Give me my @#&$#!&! lawn mower back you @#$&$&@! tweeker!!

Speaking of dog poop.....

IMG_20230127_120014.jpg