• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I heard the Baha'i faith is the second biggest faith worldwide.Is that true?

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Yes, they talked about their religion:) thats why I was there in the first place. To listen to them and learn about LDS.
I am open to listen to any religious people and just as open to visit their church,Temple,Mosque or any other house of God.
I remember some LDS people coming to some Baha'i friends of mine in a fireside in the 70s, and there was a dialogue between us, in the end after several amiable meetings, Sue said, we have some things in common but we can't go backwards.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I remember some LDS people coming to some Baha'i friends of mine in a fireside in the 70s, and there was a dialogue between us, in the end after several amiable meetings, Sue said, we have some things in common but we can't go backwards.
Yes, I noticed a lot of similarities too when I spoke with them.
I think they become relaxed when they noticed my interest in listening to them, instead of fighting what they believe in.

Jane.Doe

Okay, so perhaps "shoving Jesus down your throat" was a bit harsh of me to say. Maybe it's more like they really like talking about their own religion and to some degree Mormons do practice asceticism and monasticism that Baha'is strictly avoid. That was the point I was trying to make. In some ways it seems the LDS church and the Baha'i Faith are mutually incompatible, especially since Baha'u'llah did not address his audience regarding the legitimacy of LDS scriptures.

It's nice to make friends, no matter what religion they practice. :)
Actual LDS Christian here:
Neither asceticism or monasticism are part the the LDS Christian faith. Asceticism is starving yourself and a bad idea- instead we are supposed to take good care of ourselves. Trying to eat healthy, good proportions, etc (obviously some people totally fail in that regard, but supposed to try).

Monasticism is also not part of the LDS Christian faith, as we are to still live in the world. We don't have professional clergy, or monks/nuns, and everyone at the local level has a totally normal day job. The closest you'd get would be the ~2 years if a young person decides to serve a name-tag wearing mission, during which that is your full-time thing, but also a temporary arrangement.

And friends are always good!