• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I heard someone claim this.

Frank Goad

I heard that if two people are asleep.The other can use lucid dreaming to literally pull the other person into their dreams.I don't know what to make of this.:):confused:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I heard that if two people are asleep.The other can use lucid dreaming to literally pull the other person into their dreams.I don't know what to make of this.:):confused:
I have to agree with @Orbit

What is it with lucid dreaming you believe so much in?
Yes you told me to connect with God.
But does God say it is the right way to access God?

Frank Goad

I have to agree with @Orbit

What is it with lucid dreaming you believe so much in?
Yes you told me to connect with God.
But does God say it is the right way to access God?

1 Samuel 28:6
King James Version

6 And when Saul enquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

I got this from right here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

If you read all of 1 Samuel 28:6.It looks like saul was trying to get God to talk to him in his dreams.But in saul's backslidden condition.God wouldn't.I think you can pray for God to talk to you in your dreams.:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
1 Samuel 28:6
King James Version

6 And when Saul enquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

I got this from right here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

If you read all of 1 Samuel 28:6.It looks like saul was trying to get God to talk to him in his dreams.But in saul's backslidden condition.God wouldn't.I think you can pray for God to talk to you in your dreams.:)
What if God do to you as God did to Saul? Could it mean that lucid dreaming is not the right way to approach God, but example prayer is the right way?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Masters possess the ability to enter in your dream. Ordinary people can't. Most dreams are just emotional processing of what happened before (also suppressed feelings, emotions)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
My thought is that it probably can happen, Frank. Astral to astral communication and energy can be exchanged.

Brian2

Veteran Member

I heard that if 2 people are sleeping then neither of them are snoring unless one of them hears the other snoring.......................... or something like that. :confused: Or was that about the whether a falling tree makes a noise if nobody is there to hear it? Anyway the point being that not all things that you hear or read are necessarily true.
IOWs you don't necessarily have to make anything of what you have heard. But if it is disturbing your peace somehow then pray about it first.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The way to settle these things is not to read opinions in books, but to get the questions ─ in this case the prophets ─ into the lab and test them with rigorous impartiality.

While I expect that the answer is, nowhere is there persuasive evidence of supernatural foreknowledge, don't take my word for it. Run the skeptical, objective, rigorous ruler over it and see what comes up.

By golly, imagine how useful some accurate supernatural foreknowledge will be next time you go to the racetrack!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The way to settle these things is not to read opinions in books, but to get the questions ─ in this case the prophets ─ into the lab and test them with rigorous impartiality.

While I expect that the answer is, nowhere is there persuasive evidence of supernatural foreknowledge, don't take my word for it. Run the skeptical, objective, rigorous ruler over it and see what comes up.

By golly, imagine how useful some accurate supernatural foreknowledge will be next time you go to the racetrack!
Context. We were discussing bible references of prophecy in dreams.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Context. We were discussing bible references of prophecy in dreams.
So was I. Don't take my word for it, don't take the bible's word for it, take the question into the lab and find the actual answer.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So was I. Don't take my word for it, don't take the bible's word for it, take the question into the lab and find the actual answer.
If I recall, the details of the practices of the prophets, how they did what they did, has been lost overtime. There aren't prophets that I know of. Not like the Bible. If you want to test it, you'll need a time machine.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If I recall, the details of the practices of the prophets, how they did what they did, has been lost overtime. There aren't prophets that I know of. Not like the Bible. If you want to test it, you'll need a time machine.
A pity. Never to be authenticated, then.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

Lucid dreaming can be used for astral projection. Normal dreams can not. So no.
Even if two people are lucid dreaming > astral projection, they would have to arrange
a meeting beforehand. I found this:

Yes, it possible. In fact in an experiment conducted in a temporary Facebook group to share, learn and experiment with/from each other. Two people have done exactly this. They both were at the time very experienced (10+ years of practice).

1. First they had agreed to meet up at a certain pre-defined location in the astral world,
  2. then they had astral projected (while leaving each on the other side of USA),
  3. they meet up, had a talk and shared an experience together,
  4. Afterward they come back and report first to their friends on Facebook independently from each others,
  5. Finally they write there whole experience and what they remember of their meet up.