• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have yet to hear a good solution...

We Never Know

No Slack
Because you have to respect other people's opinions and views in regards to their own sense of privacy and personal space other than your own.

Otherwise, if people keep pushing boundaries, your just as bigoted towards them as you feel they are bigoted towards others.

That's the problem imv.

The good news is there are solutions of which the least among them are unisex restrooms as already mentioned. A winner all around and people are happy again.

The problem with single unisex bathrooms would be like sports stadium's, event centers, ect that have huge bathrooms with say 12 stalls and 12 urinals. Be kinda hard to make them unisex.

Stonetree

Model Member
Premium Member
The commentary on the picture is inconsistent and seems designed to elicit a "gotcha!" rather than make a reasoned argument.

Pre-op trans women still have male bodies, so by the logic in the picture, they shouldn't be allowed to use women's bathrooms with people's "sisters and daughters." It's an argument purely based on physical appearance rather than facts about how safe such an arrangement would be or whether it would present an issue for biological and post-op trans women when using women's bathrooms.

Just another reason I find brief posts on social media to be a rather poor method of talking about any issues of considerable complexity or nuance. Many are merely aimed at generating reactions instead of employing sound logic.
There is also the fear of assault by actual criminals. Economics would deter solutions in so many restaurants, stores,movies etc. As stated,this is a complex problem.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Because you have to respect other people's opinions and views
I don't respect opinions and views that are based in bigotry and prejudice.
The good news is there are solutions of which the least among them are unisex restrooms as already mentioned. A winner all around and people are happy again.
Those are nice, and definitely not a "third gender" restroom as was proposed. But they should definitely become more a norm since they help so many different people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You know, this is one of those areas where I struggle to not just conclude that many of the evangelical Christians I know are just plain bigots. When I talk with them about LGBTQ issues, it's always the same thing..."It's just wrong", "The Bible sez...", "It's perverted", etc.

Whenever I try and dig a bit deeper and get past the clichés, I usually hit a brick wall. It reminds me very much of when I had to confront the fact that my parents were rather racist. It was a difficult conclusion to reach and it still bothers me, but it's undeniable. In the same way, I think many evangelicals are undeniably bigoted and hateful. History shows that they've always hated on one group or another, and today it's LGBTQs.
Yup. Those sorts basically hate everyone, including other Christian denominations who they condemn to Hell.