• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have yet to hear a good solution...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For those who think trans women should stay out of women's bathrooms, I have yet to hear a good solution to this picture and scenario that would happen as a result of such legislation:

View attachment 57818

One thing I can agree with the other side on though, is exploring the idea of a "third gender" bathroom.
I have not thought of it at all the few times I been in public restrooms :oops:
I always use the stall and lock it. What others do or who they are is not a big problem for me.

A few years ago ago, yes it would be a huge problem because I feared any male persons.

We Never Know

No Slack
Time to add a little humor...

IMG_20211124_123923.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Because being partisan in a two-party country with complex state, local and federal government can backfire too.
Separate but equal was ruled unconstitutional decades ago and I'll be damned if I give a micron of space to a bigot in the name of bipartisanship. No. Third sex bathrooms are simply unacceptable because they are to appease bigots who hate us and feel it is their right to discriminate and feel they must save the world from immorality. They can eat a dick instead of getting their way.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Separate but equal was ruled unconstitutional decades ago and I'll be damned if I give a micron of space to a bigot in the name of bipartisanship. No. Third sex bathrooms are simply unacceptable because they are to appease bigots who hate us and feel it is their right to discriminate and feel they must save the world from immorality. They can eat a dick instead of getting their way.

That may be. But a lot of people who say they'll "stick it to the other side", aren't consistent about it. There are too many facets of life where two sides need to work together, so alienating one entirely over a single issue usually doesn't work that well. Usually it ends up a case where one side alienates the other on a single issue, but then shortly later, they just end up wanting their help on something else.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That may be. But a lot of people who say they'll "stick it to the other side", aren't consistent about it. There are too many facets of life where two sides need to work together, so alienating one entirely over a single issue usually doesn't work that well. Usually it ends up a case where one side alienates the other on a single issue, but then shortly later, they just end up wanting their help on something else.
If people feel alienated by me being free to live my life then seriously **** them. I have far greater concerns and things taking my time than stepping on snowflake eggshells.
And guess what? People have been told to bugger off over it before. When it happened for an entire ethnicity the Dexicrats abandoned ship and became Republicans. Oh well. People's lives shouldn't be at the mercy of those who hate them, especially when we have formal laws that prohibit that. If we played partisan sensitivities Obbergefell wouldn't have happened and SSM would still be illegal in many states, possibly more now than there were then.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
You should peek in on evangelical Christian news outlets. They devote a lot of time and space to completely demonizing trans people. They really do hate them.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You should peek in on evangelical Christian news outlets. They devote a lot of time and space to completely demonizing trans people. They really do hate them.

Somewhat, yes. But I've experienced some of that stuff first hand when a religious leader once tried to perform conversion therapy on me. Trans issues aren't at the top of some of evangelical's minds. Power, money, and fame is.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Somewhat, yes. But I've experienced some of that stuff first hand when a religious leader once tried to perform conversion therapy on me.
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Trans issues aren't at the top of some of evangelical's minds. Power, money, and fame is.
The daily content of their media indicates that it's certainly on the minds of quite a few of them.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
It does really burn them, that in their eyes we are declaring that god made a mistake.
You know, this is one of those areas where I struggle to not just conclude that many of the evangelical Christians I know are just plain bigots. When I talk with them about LGBTQ issues, it's always the same thing..."It's just wrong", "The Bible sez...", "It's perverted", etc.

Whenever I try and dig a bit deeper and get past the clichés, I usually hit a brick wall. It reminds me very much of when I had to confront the fact that my parents were rather racist. It was a difficult conclusion to reach and it still bothers me, but it's undeniable. In the same way, I think many evangelicals are undeniably bigoted and hateful. History shows that they've always hated on one group or another, and today it's LGBTQs.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why cater to their bigotry and give them what they want over their desires to play moral crusader?
Because you have to respect other people's opinions and views in regards to their own sense of privacy and personal space other than your own.

Otherwise, if people keep pushing boundaries, your just as bigoted towards them as you feel they are bigoted towards others.

That's the problem imv.

The good news is there are solutions of which the least among them are unisex restrooms as already mentioned. A winner all around and people are happy again.