• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have two questions about monkeys and evolution

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yes or No doesn't cut it when there are different definitions of the word and it is unclear which one you are using.
Then please... give your definition, and your answer, and the other definition, and your answer. Thanks.

And this doesn't demonstrate any understanding.

No, it's because you present this source as evidence for your point of view and I don't see what part of it supports your point of view.

And, exactly as I suspected, you are trying to present science as something a bunch of drunk guys come up with as an idea that doesn't have any support. You do not understand science.
LOL.
"an idea that doesn't have any support"?
Can you give me an example of an idea that doesn't have any support, and one that does.
Also, can you tell us, why you think an idea is worth 'eggs', when it is not, has not, or cannot be verified. Thanks.

You may not know this, but I used to be one of those religious people. So I'm not guessing here.
Why does it matter that you were religious? What has that got to do with not being ignorant, bias, or anything else for that matter?

Nonetheless, I'll go over to that thread.
t2009.gif

Tiberius

Then please... give your definition, and your answer, and the other definition, and your answer. Thanks.

If we define "interpretation" to mean "just find a way to make it all fit, no matter what," then scientists do not interpret data.

If we define "interpret" to mean, "determine the way the data fits together by determining relationships between the different facts we have uncovered, using strictly controlled methods to ensure that the result is as accurate as possible, and while keeping personal biases excluded," then yes, scientists do interpret data.

LOL.
"an idea that doesn't have any support"?
Can you give me an example of an idea that doesn't have any support, and one that does.

An idea that does not have support: Humans lived alongside dinosaurs.

An idea that does have support: The sun is undergoing nuclear processes in order to generate the heat and light we detect from it.

Also, can you tell us, why you think an idea is worth 'eggs', when it is not, has not, or cannot be verified. Thanks.

When did I say that an idea that can not be verified is still worth something?

Why does it matter that you were religious? What has that got to do with not being ignorant, bias, or anything else for that matter?

Because it shows that I am not some atheist who is ignorant of the viewpoint of religious people as you suggested.