• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have two questions about monkeys and evolution

Do you think you just "debunked" the theory of evolution?
That's funny. Somebody call the Nobel Committee!
Try to use evolution against chromosomes observations and human heredity. You will suck and fail at any attempt.

Your sarcasm is not enough to argue against the scientific findings.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Try to use evolution against chromosomes observations and human heredity. You will suck and fail at any attempt.

Your sarcasm is not enough to argue against the scientific findings.
I don't know what you're trying to say.

Your inaccurate musings on a debate forum are not enough to falsify the theory of evolution.
But hey, why not write a scientific paper and submit it for peer review? I mean, we're talking Nobel Prize winning stuff here.

I don't know what you're trying to say.

Your inaccurate musings on a debate forum are not enough to falsify the theory of evolution.
But hey, why not write a scientific paper and submit it for peer review? I mean, we're talking Nobel Prize winning stuff here.
Same as well, your statements do not solidify the validity of that theory.

You don't have any idea of what that theory is about, you are just floating and letting the flow to take you.

You believe in the theory of evolution because the propaganda alone, not because you have studied it.

These are not forums for science people, but for guys who want to give opinions.

Of course people with science knowledge will also participate.

Point is, that the topic here is mostly debated using the theory of evolution as the base foundation. Well, that is the wrong foundation.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Same as well, your statements do not solidify the validity of that theory.
You're right, they don't.
The evidence does. Or the fact that evolution is the backbone of biology.

You don't have any idea of what that theory is about, you are just floating and letting the flow to take you.
Oh boy, is this the part why you try mind reading?
You're not off to a good start.

You believe in the theory of evolution because the propaganda alone, not because you have studied it.
Oops, you've hit the wall with this one.

Uh, nope. It's based on the mountains of evidence that have been accrued by multiple independent groups of scientists from multiple independent fields of science collected over the last 150+ years that all converge on the same conclusion - that evolution is a fact of life.

These are not forums for science people, but for guys who want to give opinions.
Of course people with science knowledge will also participate.
It's both. We have plenty of scientists around here, all happy to offer their expertise to any interested parties.

Point is, that the topic here is mostly debated using the theory of evolution as the base foundation. Well, that is the wrong foundation.
Huh?

Anyway, none of this address my point which was this is not how science is done. Instead, you need to compile your evidence in a properly written scientific paper, submit it for peer review and see how it stands up against scrutiny and further testing. It's silly to think you're going to falsify a scientific theory with your musings on a message board. Though it's certainly fun to have such discussions.

You're right, they don't.
The evidence does. Or the fact that evolution is the backbone of biology.

Oh boy, is this the part why you try mind reading?
You're not off to a good start.

Oops, you've hit the wall with this one.

Uh, nope. It's based on the mountains of evidence that have been accrued by multiple independent groups of scientists from multiple independent fields of science collected over the last 150+ years that all converge on the same conclusion - that evolution is a fact of life.

It's both. We have plenty of scientists around here, all happy to offer their expertise to any interested parties.

Huh?

Anyway, none of this address my point which was this is not how science is done. Instead, you need to compile your evidence in a properly written scientific paper, submit it for peer review and see how it stands up against scrutiny and further testing. It's silly to think you're going to falsify a scientific theory with your musings on a message board. Though it's certainly fun to have such discussions.
Actually I Think I don't need anything. Evidence already proved what I stated since long ago.

I have posted how humans chromosomes show humans can become apes alike, and apes chromosomes can't show apes can become humans alike.

Evidence.

That's all you need.

gnostic

The Lost One
If that were true, not only there wouldn’t be speciation, there would also be no foundation for genetics and dna, no adaption, no mutations.

Now cite evidence and data from scientific sources.

And btw, the foundation that Evolution provide isn’t just Evolution alone, but the entire biology.

You cannot understand biology without evolution.

Second, what alternative that you would suggest?

The biblical creation myth that Young Earth Creationism proposed, or the equally pseudoscience Intelligent Design creationism?

Neither are supported by the evidence. And they both relied on propaganda and misinformation.

Natural Sciences - not just talking about Evolution here - are about knowledge that explained the natural and physical phenomena and its processes...and these knowledge have to be backed by observed and tested evidence.

There are no such evidence for either (invisible and) imaginary Creator god or the imaginary Intelligent Designer.

Without the evidence, neither YEC, nor ID, would even qualify as hypotheses. A hypothesis and theory have to be at least falsifiable, which YEC & ID are not.

And the Bible, particularly the Genesis creation, explained nothing - nothing about the Earth itself, and nothing on life on Earth. All Genesis relied on ignorant Iron Age superstitions - that primitive “god did it”.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Actually I Think I don't need anything. Evidence already proved what I stated since long ago.
Nope. The evidence does not back your claims. It backs the claims of evolution.

I have posted how humans chromosomes show humans can become apes alike, and apes chromosomes can't show apes can become humans alike.

Evidence.

That's all you need.
Huh? Humans are apes.

joelr

In addition to my last response according to the Bible God first prepared the earth's atmosphere for life to exist on the earth. I say that because life that we do not see in the form of angels and spirit persons (God and Jesus now, for instance) are alive. Their habitation is different from that of the earth, which God prepared for its habitation.
I am sure you are familiar with the following verses from the 121st Psalm:
"He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep."

Neither responses addressed the question of why don't we see human fossils along with the massive amount of lower life form fossils found from the Cambrian Explosion. The fossils match exactly the type of creatures that are expected to be found. No humans or any primates, mammals, dinosaurs.

Krishna and Vishnu also have different habitation:

From Vishnu inside each universe Brahma was born. Brahma created the planets and stars and all the thousands of demigods, each of whom was given charge of a particular part of the cosmic order. Indra was given the rain, Vayu the wind, Surya the sun, Candra the moon and Varuna the waters. Goddess Bhumi was given the earth.

Brahma and the demigods created the myriad life-forms of the universe, among them human beings. The demigods were given the power to grant great blessings to their worshippers. For Hindus these demigods are not just mythical figures. They are the powers behind the elements of the natural world such as wind, rain and the earth itself. These elements are usually taken for granted as being automatic forces working as part of a complex machine, but really they are under the higher control of the demigods. Even the earth planet itself is controlled, by Bhumi, and therefore Hindus always treat the earth with great respect, considering her as their mother who gave them life and without whom they would die. However, powerful though the demigods are, behind them lies Vishnu, and it is really he who creates and controls all. Without him they can do nothing.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Homo sapiens is a different species in a different genus of great apes. Wouldn't make sense to classify them all in the same genus and species, since they are not.

An ape has many different meanings too. I don't see any reason that is a point of contention.
Because the term means wise man. It's prejudicial. Why wise man? Are baboons stupid or not as wise as humans? If someone doesn't see that, then really there is no discussion.

YoursTrue

Neither responses addressed the question of why don't we see human fossils along with the massive amount of lower life form fossils found from the Cambrian Explosion. The fossils match exactly the type of creatures that are expected to be found. No humans or any primates, mammals, dinosaurs.

Krishna and Vishnu also have different habitation:

From Vishnu inside each universe Brahma was born. Brahma created the planets and stars and all the thousands of demigods, each of whom was given charge of a particular part of the cosmic order. Indra was given the rain, Vayu the wind, Surya the sun, Candra the moon and Varuna the waters. Goddess Bhumi was given the earth.

Brahma and the demigods created the myriad life-forms of the universe, among them human beings. The demigods were given the power to grant great blessings to their worshippers. For Hindus these demigods are not just mythical figures. They are the powers behind the elements of the natural world such as wind, rain and the earth itself. These elements are usually taken for granted as being automatic forces working as part of a complex machine, but really they are under the higher control of the demigods. Even the earth planet itself is controlled, by Bhumi, and therefore Hindus always treat the earth with great respect, considering her as their mother who gave them life and without whom they would die. However, powerful though the demigods are, behind them lies Vishnu, and it is really he who creates and controls all. Without him they can do nothing.
I believe the outline of historical development in the Bible.

joelr

I believe the outline of historical development in the Bible.
And over 1 billion people believe Christians and Jews lie and have screwed up the message of God. That's what you get from basing truth on ancient religious books.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Because the term means wise man. It's prejudicial. Why wise man? Are baboons stupid or not as wise as humans? If someone doesn't see that, then really there is no discussion.
Your issue is over nomenclature and the reasoning behind the choice of name for a taxa. That really doesn't have any impact on the validity of a theory.

Some names are descriptive of a feature of a species. Some are named for famous people, scientists, musicians, politicians, etc. The choice of what name to call a taxa is not so relevant as the recognition of the taxa as distinct.

YoursTrue

Your issue is over nomenclature and the reasoning behind the choice of name for a taxa. That really doesn't have any impact on the validity of a theory.

Some names are descriptive of a feature of a species. Some are named for famous people, scientists, musicians, politicians, etc. The choice of what name to call a taxa is not so relevant as the recognition of the taxa as distinct.
In a way the nomenclature (homo sapiens) does affect one's view of the progression.

YoursTrue

And over 1 billion people believe Christians and Jews lie and have screwed up the message of God. That's what you get from basing truth on ancient religious books.
I'm not sure what you mean here.

YoursTrue

If not, then why is it that we've never seen human or mammal fossils back at the time of the Cambrian Explosion but we've found myriads of fossils from other less-complex organisms?

The general pattern we've seen is clear: life forms have evolved over time, and this is not speculation, and "speciation" shows us that it's still going on today: Speciation - Wikipedia
I looked at the article and aside from the possibility of statements without backup, please explain what you assert, thank you.

YoursTrue

The earliest amphibians evolved in the Devonian period from sarcopterygian fish with lungs and bony-limbed fins, features that were helpful in adapting to dry land. They diversified and became dominant during the Carboniferous and Permian periods, but were later displaced by reptiles and other vertebrates. Over time, amphibians shrank in size and decreased in diversity, leaving only the modern subclass Lissamphibia.

You would have to look at how sarcopterygian fish slowly evolved to amphibians. But they did have lungs and bones in their limbs. So they were walking on land for food part of the time.
Evidence? I know there are fish that flop out of water and flop for a while, then go back to water, but where is the evidence that floppy fish became landwalkers permanently? Not conjecture, but evidence.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

Evidence.

That's all you need.
What????

joelr

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Basing truth on ancient religious myths is a faulty way to find what is actually true. Islam bases truth on their scripture because it says God wrote it. It also says Christians and Jews believe false things, lie and have screwed up the true message of Yahweh. Their proof? Well it says so in scripture. So it must be true. By 2050 Islam will outnumber Christianity in the US.
I would like to think critical thinking would be more popular by then but probably not. The majority religion will believe you have messed up Yahwehs message and are going to hell (a painful doom).
This is what you get when truth is based on claims that cannot be verified and have no evidence and emotional attachments to claims.