• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have two question about ghosts:

Frank Goad

1.Have you ever lived in a haunted house with a ghost?
2.Have you ever lived in a house were the ghost went all poltergeist?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
In the article it states that ghosts are the result of spirit energy. How is this energy observed, measured and determined?

How can I know something is a ghost and not a time traveler, a visitor from another dimension or something else that is not a ghost?

What is the definition of a ghost and how is it differentiated from something that might seem or appear to be a ghost?

Frank Goad

In the article it states that ghosts are the result of spirit energy. How is this energy observed, measured and determined?

How can I know something is a ghost and not a time traveler, a visitor from another dimension or something else that is not a ghost?

What is the definition of a ghost and how is it differentiated from something that might seem or appear to be a ghost?

This might help:

What Are Ghosts and Do They Really Exist? and

How to Tell If Your House Is Haunted

Frank Goad

Thank you for all the links. Clearly this Wagner fellow is convinced and has spent a good deal of thought in crafting his explanations. But what is it about these articles that tells me that they are valid explanations of claimed phenomena?

I don't think you can prove a poltergeist haunting until your right in the middle of one.:(

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think you can prove a poltergeist haunting until your right in the middle of one.:(
I think you would have a mountain of things to establish well before you can even consider poltergeist as a valid explanation for anything. Perhaps an earthquake is really just poltergeists acting on a grand scale.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I will tell you a true story, i have quoted it on RF before but it bears repeating

I know a guy, a struggling actor, atheist but he had a strong belief in ghosts.

His agent phoned with a job to go on one of the ghost hunt type of programmes.

He was overjoyed, he regularly watched the programme, genuine ghost and chances are he would actually see one.

He arrived at the set, an old castle with a reputation for being haunted.

Almost beside himself with anticipation he said his hello's picked up his script, sat down and started reading.

When he realised that the ghost was also scripted to appear at the end of a corridor and my friend was supposed to gasp in shock he put down the script and walked out

His belief in the supernatural shattered by reality