• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have school project, can you help me?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The less negative action, words and thoughs we do the less negative karma we accumulate. so those who has made the cultivation fully and do get enlighten have no more negative within them.
So a Buddha or a god for that matter do not have negative karma but do have virtue.

you maybe know that buddha teach righ action, right speach and right thoughts? when we do reach the level where we no longer have speech, action or thoughts that harm our self or others then we are rightroues and have only virtue. all karma has been repayed.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The less negative action, words and thoughs we do the less negative karma we accumulate. so those who has made the cultivation fully and do get enlighten have no more negative within them.
So a Buddha or a god for that matter do not have negative karma but do have virtue.

you maybe know that buddha teach righ action, right speach and right thoughts? when we do reach the level where we no longer have speech, action or thoughts that harm our self or others then we are rightroues and have only virtue. all karma has been repayed.

and that is because they have unconditional love. love covers all wrongs. there is no wrong, evil in unconditional love

love does no harm; nor does it allow others to harm.

Last edited:

Shantanu

Can i ask a question with respect to you and your way of thinking

You say you are a Existentionalist and a Hindu. Why do you try to make a Buddhist teaching? I kind of not understand that
I am trying to find the ideal religion, modifying myself with my new found interest in Born Again Human Being.

MonkeyFire

I have a schoolproject in which contains a question about Buddha. If anyone can be a Buddha, what do you do to become one? How should you act, live and think?

Kind regards,
Ellen

There are only 28 exsisting Buddhas in the universe. Most would put off Buddhahood to attain nirvana or enlightenment. The key trait in buddhism in passive non-violence.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
are u sure, my friend?

illumination, illuminary, to make clear.

if then I AM the light of the world, then I AM a manifestation of god, of love.

let there be understanding, knowing for self, as self.

a light appeared in the darkness on the 1st emanation, and the darkness did not overcome it. the first dawning...........

dawn of a new day
A new or fresh beginning, or a turning point that achieves as much

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
illumination, illuminary, to make clear.

if then I AM the light of the world, then I AM a manifestation of god, of love.

let there be understanding, knowing for self, as self.

a light appeared in the darkness on the 1st emanation, and the darkness did not overcome it. the first dawning...........

dawn of a new day
A new or fresh beginning, or a turning point that achieves as much

here's where I'm stuck:

"love" said, let there be light.
It feels out of order for me. God = Love came much later chronologically. At the point in the genesis story where "let there be light" was "spoken"; it was too early in the process of creation for God to = love.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
here's where I'm stuck:

It feels out of order for me. God = Love came much later chronologically. At the point in the genesis story where "let there be light" was "spoken"; it was too early in the process of creation for God to = love.

divine ones, deity, to shine

Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

to divine was to see through insight and to shine from love. the merriment in the eye is from understanding.

the first direct statement on love is seen in genesis 22:2. it also can be defined and as friend, or to love god.

it is the root word 'ahab

moses covered his face. jesus did not.

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ.

here we see the light coming from darkness.

Revelation 10:1
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There are only 28 exsisting Buddhas in the universe. Most would put off Buddhahood to attain nirvana or enlightenment. The key trait in buddhism in passive non-violence.

@MonkeyFire, what you said above, I feel it is so very important.

Question for the crowd:

it's possible to put off Buddahood to attain nirvana?

I feel like the answer to this question would help me ( and Ellen ) further understand the process for becoming a Budda and where it diverges from from the process for attaining nirvana?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
@MonkeyFire, what you said above, I feel it is so very important.

Question for the crowd:

it's possible to put off Buddahood to attain nirvana?

I feel like the answer to this question would help me ( and Ellen ) further understand the process for becoming a Budda and where it diverges from from the process for attaining nirvana?
In the end, just before enlightenment happens/is realized you have to let go of everything, even the teaching, the buddha, life, all. And even the wish to become enlighten. when i say let go it is only the attachments to clinging to the tiny feeling of wanting that is left. when you can let go of this, then enlightenment happens (in my understanding)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So, the answer, as far as you know is:

When a Budda attains nirvana they stop being a Budda.
Buddha means enlighten being, When realiing enlightenment one become a buddha a enlighten one, but one can also become enlighten as an arahant, still enlighten but not yet fully enlighten (meaning one can realize even more) Not sure what the technical difference is :)

ellens9

Hi again!
To start off I just wanted to thank you for having such commitment to this. Now I understand that I may have been a little unclear about my project, which i'd like to apologize for. I'll explain the project a little further.
The main question is about what you should do to become a Buddha. The whole project is about Budhism history, but i've already wrote about that. My questions that I have, is mostly about how to become a Buddha.

1. What should you do to become one? Teach others, meditate, pray, sacrifice?
2. Should you live as your own God, or do you still dedicate most of your time to one specific God, and if so, which one?

Thanks again :)