• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have recently completed creating my religion. Please ask me questions about it.

Your opinion:

• Someone shouldn't follow a religion that wasn't revealed to them or someone else.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eorlhu

Does your religion posit creation or evolution?
There is a myth that represents evolution:

Yarungkan tears the skin from Yorlngu, who writhes in the pain of his loss that he flees Yarungkan, who brings death to him as Wangkurlung eats his molt.

Fleeing Yarungkan fatigues Yorlngu that he hungers and eats his molt, eaten by Wangkurlung and born from her in Warmiril.

Wangkurlung traps Yorlngu that he prospers not on all thereof, sheds his molt and emerges therefrom as a creature of another place of Wangkurlung.

Warmiril assumes the molts of Yorlngu, from which he emerges as all creatures in all places on Wangkurlung that his last is that which subsists on all of her.

Warmiril assumes the last of the molts of Yorlngu, who stands upright on Wangkurlung, that she is his body and that he see the whole of Wangkurlung.

Summary: Yarungkan (fate, causality, weather) causes Yorlngu (ego, self, life) to molt (death). Yorlngu emerges (evolution) from each of his molts as a creature fit to survive in another region of Wangkurlung (reality, matter, earth). This process continues until Yorlngu becomes a creature (humanity) that can span Wangkurlung. Warmiril assumes the molts and Yorlngu impregnates Warmiril, who begets the creatures whose forms were created by Yorlngu in his flight of Yarungkan.

It doesn't exactly resemble the mechanism of evolution but it certainly comes way closer than any other religion that I know.

The exerpt is from Pilang No yu Ngirlam ngawa wa (the Walngarpiril scripture) "The sayings of the priesthood (Ngirlam)"

What of it I have yet composed and translated is here: Pilang No yawa Ngirlam ngawa wa - Geopoeia

Last edited:

Eorlhu

Which came first, the conlang, the conculture, the alternate history, the altEarth, or the religion?
They all kind of came from separate creative projects. The prototype for the conlang was a polysynthetic loglang. When I applied the conlang to the conculture, I tried to naturalize it by making the grammar a bit more realistic. The conculture has been associated with a location in the altEarth but I have yet to determine the historical pretext of its formation. The alternate history and altEarth are the same project.
Sahul - Geopoeia

Eorlhu

Are your beliefs true and does that matter to you?
Orthodox Walngarpiril is different from my practice of Walngarpiril. I reconcile Walngarpiril with modern knowledge by metaphorically interpreting some of the more superstitious parts and ignoring others. Walngarpiril religiosity is primarily pantheistic. Belief is kinda hard to define in pantheism because you're equating observed phenomena or aspects of existence to deities. When you say that such phenomena exist, you're also saying that the deity exists, but only as your deification. It's not an objective truth.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The Walngarpiril priesthood (ngirlam) is fed by tribute from the Myarlngalang burlngkan caste collected by the kangkwarl caste.
If you just created this religion, how did you manage to acquire a priesthood and castes of adherents?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You'd probably get some Facebook posts I've written about it. Maybe a Geopoeia page as well. I've yet to finish an official Geopoeia article on Myarlngalang yet.
I know what I got. I am asking you what you get.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
There is a myth that represents evolution:

Yarungkan tears the skin from Yorlngu, who writhes in the pain of his loss that he flees Yarungkan, who brings death to him as Wangkurlung eats his molt.

Fleeing Yarungkan fatigues Yorlngu that he hungers and eats his molt, eaten by Wangkurlung and born from her in Warmiril.

Wangkurlung traps Yorlngu that he prospers not on all thereof, sheds his molt and emerges therefrom as a creature of another place of Wangkurlung.

Warmiril assumes the molts of Yorlngu, from which he emerges as all creatures in all places on Wangkurlung that his last is that which subsists on all of her.

Warmiril assumes the last of the molts of Yorlngu, who stands upright on Wangkurlung, that she is his body and that he see the whole of Wangkurlung.

Summary: Yarungkan (fate, causality, weather) causes Yorlngu (ego, self, life) to molt (death). Yorlngu emerges (evolution) from each of his molts as a creature fit to survive in another region of Wangkurlung (reality, matter, earth). This process continues until Yorlngu becomes a creature (humanity) that can span Wangkurlung. Warmiril assumes the molts and Yorlngu impregnates Warmiril, who begets the creatures whose forms were created by Yorlngu in his flight of Yarungkan.

It doesn't exactly resemble the mechanism of evolution but it certainly comes way closer than any other religion that I know.

The exerpt is from Pilang No yu Ngirlam ngawa wa (the Walngarpiril scripture) "The sayings of the priesthood (Ngirlam)"

What of it I have yet composed and translated is here: Pilang No yawa Ngirlam ngawa wa - Geopoeia
Is there a decoder ring available yet?

Eorlhu

Do you have holy days? Please describe them.
I have yet to invent holy days but the primary ones would probably occur o the two days on which the sun passes directly overhead in northern Australia. The meanings of the holidays would pertain to Yaril and Yarungkan's annual cycles.