• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have recently completed creating my religion. Please ask me questions about it.

Your opinion:

• Someone shouldn't follow a religion that wasn't revealed to them or someone else.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eorlhu

How did you settle on the name?
The name of the religion is Walngarpiril. Walngarpiril is also the name of a demigoddess representing humanity. I use Walngarpiril's name as a metonym for the religion because religiosity is part of her embodiment. The name is based on the phonology of a conlang phonetically based on indigenous Australian languages called Myarlngalang. In Myarlngalang, female names start with W and male names start with Y.

Laika

Premium Member
Welcome to RF. I've always thought it be very cool for a new religion to start here on the forums. So best of luck.

here's a few questions to get you started;

1. Is your new religion simply a creative project for yourself or do you think you have a special and unique mission or knowledge to share with the world (i.e. as a prophet or messiah)?

2. Are you starting a religion from scratch or are you willing to borrow from existing religions for inspiration and guidance?

3. Have you been religious in the past? what religions have you followed? Do you think they've had an influence on your new religion?

Eorlhu

You forgot the main question at the heart of most religion....
How much money will I make from my gullible followers?

The Walngarpiril priesthood (ngirlam) is fed by tribute from the Myarlngalang burlngkan caste collected by the kangkwarl caste.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
That is essentially the question of this whole thread so I'm sure it will be answered in my numerous other replies.

Does your religion not allow you to not describe nothing about your tenets on a message forum in a list format?

Eorlhu

Welcome to RF. I've always thought it be very cool for a new religion to start here on the forums. So best of luck.
here's a few questions to get you started;
1. Is your new religion simply a creative project for yourself or do you think you have a special and unique mission or knowledge to share with the world (i.e. as a prophet or messiah)?
2. Are you starting a religion from scratch or are you willing to borrow from existing religions for inspiration and guidance?
3. Have you been religious in the past? what religions have you followed? Do you think they've had an influence on your new religion?

Walngarpiril started as a religion that I created for a conculture called Myarlngalang in an alternate history project. I started assimilating to it when I realized its greater congruence with my worldview than that of hinduism, which I had been informally following previously. My practice of Walngarpiril is different from the orthodox form historically practiced by the Myarlngalang people as I have to reconcile my beliefs with modern knowledge by either ignoring or metaphorically interpreting the more superstitious aspects of the religion.
Although hinduism had a lot of influence on the earlier drafts of the religion, it has diverged a lot and now it is only the deities that have some approximate hindu analogs.

Eorlhu

Does your religion not allow you to not describe nothing about your tenets on a message forum in a list format?
Yes it does allow me but I don't have to. I would rather the tenets be explained gradually as more people read the thread and ask more questions.

Laika

Premium Member
Walngarpiril started as a religion that I created for a conculture called Myarlngalang in an alternate history project. I started assimilating to it when I realized its greater congruence with my worldview than that of hinduism, which I had been informally following previously. My practice of Walngarpiril is different from the orthodox form historically practiced by the Myarlngalang people as I have to reconcile my beliefs with modern knowledge by either ignoring or metaphorically interpreting the more superstitious aspects of the religion.
Although hinduism had a lot of influence on the earlier drafts of the religion, it has diverged a lot and now it is only the deities that have some approximate hindu analogs.

Thanks. I voted "everyone should make up their own religion" and "believing your own religion is legitimate" in the Poll.

If you are interested, you can go to your user tab (at the top right hand of the page), click on the personal details tab, and there should be a series of tick boxes. If you want a "safe space" to discuss your own religion (or "DIR"/Discuss individual religions) and develop ideas, you may want to click on the box for the "New Religious Movements DIR".

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes it does allow me but I don't have to. I would rather the tenets be explained gradually as more people read the thread and ask more questions.

Does your religion require its followers to explain the religion's tenets gradually?

Eorlhu

Thanks. I voted "everyone should make up their own religion" and "believing your own religion is legitimate" in the Poll.
If you are interested, you can go to your user tab (at the top right hand of the page), click on the personal details tab, and there should be a series of tick boxes. If you want a "safe space" to discuss your own religion (or "DIR"/Discuss individual religions) and develop ideas, you may want to click on the box for the "New Religious Movements DIR".
Thanks for the info.