• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i have no clue what religion i am. help?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't get past the first one because of its logical inconsistency.
Not really.
It's inherent in the statement that the non-existence of
absolute truths is mere opinion....not anything provable.
The second one is not absolute truth but more like a preference setting in your browser software.
No, it's my observation, ie, that all people have their individual beliefs & values.
These aren't "true"....just more opinions.
And the third one is projection. I never said anything about "The Truth".
Well, you did ask....
"What are the 3 main truths in your life you consider to be absolute truths above all else?"
....which begged the question about whether absolute truths exist at all.
You guys are great at critiquing and making a mockery of other people's beliefs with complete irreverence.
This is a good point to remind everyone....
We are all individuals. Lumping different individuals into "you guys",
risks ignoring differences between our posts & claims.
I was just wondering if there was something you believed in that wasn't based on a negative. Or is your entire belief system based on not-someone-elses-beliefs.
My values & beliefs are based upon who I am & what I've experienced.
No scriptures, prophets, or philosophers dictate to me.
But some of the latter are interesting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No offense taking. I'm sure from your perspective your perspective makes perfect sense and is only "right" way to think.
Actually, I'm inviting you to see the perspective
that there is no singular "right way to think".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Again, I don't think you and your friend's posts are sincere. Is this what you truly believe? You do not seem to be a true believer of Fair chabrot. You seem to be just referencing it to make a mockery of theists in general.

What are the 3 main truths in your life you consider to be absolute truths above all else? Stop playing defense and show us some backbone for change by playing some offense. What is it you believe? Come on Conan, what is good in life?

So you think mocking disability and dising atheism is sincere? Yet go into full gripe mode when something you don't like comes up on a public forum.

Over the last few hours you have shown the height your ignorance of subjects you obviously know little about.

Your opinion of my belief in faire chabrot is irrelevant, in this part of the world it is seen as a religion (look up the meanings of religion rather than passing judgement based on your limited mindset). I perform faire chabrot at every social meal i attend, an act of devotion to a local traditional ritual that is respected and has earned me many friends. What do you do to make friends?

And you finish with an insult. Wanna know what is good in my life... Just about everything but you don't understand that. And to top it all, is my ability to add you to my rather exclusive ignore list.

dfnj

So you think mocking disability and dising atheism is sincere? Yet go into full gripe mode when something you don't like comes up on a public forum.

Over the last few hours you have shown the height your ignorance of subjects you obviously know little about.

Your opinion of my belief in faire chabrot is irrelevant, in this part of the world it is seen as a religion (look up the meanings of religion rather than passing judgement based on your limited mindset). I perform faire chabrot at every social meal i attend, an act of devotion to a local traditional ritual that is respected and has earned me many friends. What do you do to make friends?

And you finish with an insult. Wanna know what is good in my life... Just about everything but you don't understand that. And to top it all, is my ability to add you to my rather exclusive ignore list.

I did not finish with an insult. It's a quote from an movie. I'm sorry if you are insulted by what I am asking. I thought they would be very easy questions for you to answer. But as usual, you are simply argumentative.

I have no opinion on your belief in faire chabrot and your method of making friendships. I just did not believe you were being sincere.

I am only ignorant of your beliefs because you are unwilling to share them. Besides fiare chabrot, what beliefs or philosophies do you hold more value above others? Science maybe? You certainly have many strong opinions on other people's beliefs. I was not trying to be insulting by asking what are your base beliefs. What do you think is the first cause of existence for example. If you think the Big Bang popped out of nothingness then good for you. I wasn't judging as you keep projecting.

dfnj

Actually, I'm inviting you to see the perspective
that there is no singular "right way to think".

I do not disagree with your idea there is no "right way to think". I just go one step further and claim what people choose to believe is the "right" way for them. I think when you make a mockery of other people's beliefs people will not take your beliefs seriously.

Is faire chabrot a big part or your beliefs or were you trying to make a mockery of theists beliefs? A. Yes, it's part of my personal dogma. B. No, it's just funny thing people believe in.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do not disagree with your idea there is no "right way to think". I just go one step further and claim what people choose to believe is the "right" way for them. I think when you make a mockery of other people's beliefs people will not take your beliefs seriously.
Mockery....do you mean something like this quote from post #31?

"Try to ignore the atheists, nihilists, and philosophical materialists.
They are only posting here because deep down they are closet
theists. It's an itch they can't eliminate and it makes them rude
and irreverent at times."

When someone has a little fun mocking others,
one should expect that favor being returned, eh.
I'm a fan of not taking beliefs too seriously.

dfnj

Mockery....do you mean something like this quote from post #31?

"Try to ignore the atheists, nihilists, and philosophical materialists.
They are only posting here because deep down they are closet
theists. It's an itch they can't eliminate and it makes them rude
and irreverent at times."

When someone has a little fun mocking others,
one should expect that favor being returned, eh.
I'm a fan of not taking beliefs too seriously.

I never said I was successfully ignoring the atheists, nihilists, and philosophical materialists. What I said was not a mockery. It was a warning not let certain types of people discourage you from searching by making a mockery of your beliefs.

I find it very interesting you would consider this to be mockery. It seems to me you being so easily offended by what I wrote is more an indication of weakness in your own beliefs. Which one of the three do you hold most dearest?

When did you know or how did you find out faire chabrot was profound for you?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find it very interesting you would consider this to be mockery.
I inferred mockery from your statement....
"They are only posting here because deep down they are closet
theists. It's an itch they can't eliminate...."

Do you mean to say you actually believe that we atheists really
are all "closet theists"? If so, then you really don't understand
us at all.

I've heard this before. A friend says there are no atheists because
the Bible says that we all have knowledge of God.
(This is of his "God", not fake gods like Allah, Thor, Lakshmi, etc.)
Tis better to accept that people have the philosophy they say they
have...& not tell them the believe something else.
When did you know or how did you find out faire chabrot was profound for you?
I have no idea what that even is.
You'd have to ask Frenchie about that.
Even though we're both heathens, you must remember
that we're all individuals, ie, that's her claim...not mine.