• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i have no clue what religion i am. help?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I see those more like the biblical stories about magic. Some people have or had the abilities, mostly mythical or legendary heroes or sages.
Witchcraft is something that everyone, or at least a fair number of people, can learn.
Some develop Siddhis. They are magic in the eyes of people who don't have them. But they are very real (within the reality of "maya" called this world)
There is nothing mythical about siddhis, though some like to exaggerate while boasting about them, which could make them untrue or even mythical

HonestJoe

It's a good starting place to find teachers
That's a matter of opinion but regardless, you shouldn't need to practice a religion to learn from it proponents. I'd argue it'd actually be better not to and learn from everyone, including all the ones you disagree with. :cool:

Ayjaydee

That's a matter of opinion but regardless, you shouldn't need to practice a religion to learn from it proponents. I'd argue it'd actually be better not to and learn from everyone, including all the ones you disagree with. :cool:
That comes later

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Belated greetings!
We're just now starting the free evening snack in the staff cafeteria.
Join us!
roman_feast_table.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Looks delightful but not sure about the cactus or the racoons tail.
When eating a meal, tis always important to
distinguish between the food & the decorations.
One may eat the former, but only view the latter.

More info on eating etiquette.
(The video was made in Canuckistan,
but is still applicable in Ameristan.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When eating a meal, tis always important to
distinguish between the food & the decorations.
One may eat the former, but only view the latter.

More info on eating etiquette.
(The video was made in Canuckistan,
but is still applicable in Ameristan.)

This is how to drink soup in France. It also helps win friends

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
You could try one of those online questionnaires, eg here:
Belief-O-Matic®

(though "belief-o-matic" sounds like a machine that hoovers up beliefs :))

dfnj

Hey!
So basically i’m just here to see if anyone can help me out. I grew up non-religious, but there are some things that i believe in and i’m wondering if there is a specific religion that i relate to.
i believe in reincarnation (but i believe some people are given the choice to stay in the afterlife), karma, positive and/or negative energy in all things, i also believe in the powers that witchcraft has, but i do not believe there is a god, or multiple gods.
is there a religion that includes those things? i know i sound really ignorant; i really just want to get educated so i can make a decision.

Thanks for your honesty and sincerity.

I study a lot of different religions. Although I'm not too familiar with anything to do with witchcraft. Much of what you've said sounds like Eastern type religions. I would suggest you study Taoism:

These 4 Teachings of Daoism Will Help You Navigate Life - Goodnet

I've spent a lot of time in Eastern religions. But as I've gotten older I've warmed back up to Western religions and the idea of having a vision of the divine. I found this video to be helpful in my current thinking about God especially the Q&A part.

You might like the works of Joseph Campbell. Joseph Campbell study many of the World's religions and tried to find commonalities in the different mythologies:

This video was created after his death but is a really good. The idea is all mythologies are based on one story. And in the video they describe the one story that speaks to us and gives our lives the most meaning:

Thanks again for posting. Good luck with your searching!

P.S. Try to ignore the atheists, nihilists, and philosophical materialists. They are only posting here because deep down they are closet theists. It's an itch they can't eliminate and it makes them rude and irreverent at times.

dfnj

Did you mean to say, "I'd argue it'd actually be better to and learn from everyone,"

dfnj

Faire chabrot is a religion.

Again, I don't think you and your friend's posts are sincere. Is this what you truly believe? You do not seem to be a true believer of Fair chabrot. You seem to be just referencing it to make a mockery of theists in general.

What are the 3 main truths in your life you consider to be absolute truths above all else? Stop playing defense and show us some backbone for change by playing some offense. What is it you believe? Come on Conan, what is good in life?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
. Try to ignore the atheists, nihilists, and philosophical materialists. They are only posting here because deep down they are closet theists.
I prefer to think that you're a budding atheist who just
needs some friendly prodding to come out of the closet.
We're here to help.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What are the 3 main truths in your life you consider to be absolute truths above all else?
If I may answer your question to her....
There are no absolute truths.
We all have things we believe & value though.
They're just not "The Truth".

dfnj

I prefer to think that you're a budding atheist who just
needs some friendly prodding to come out of the closet.
We're here to help.

I doubt it. But keep evangelizing. It gives meaning to your life.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I doubt. But keep evangelizing. It gives meaning to your life.
Don't take offense.
I'm not trying to convince you (just mirthfully following your lead).
I offered my perspective...one very different from yours.
It has nothing to do with meaning.

dfnj

If I may answer your question to her....
There are no absolute truths.
We all have things we believe & value though.
They're just not "The Truth".

I can't get past the first one because of its logical inconsistency. The second one is not absolute truth but more like a preference setting in your browser software. And the third one is projection. I never said anything about "The Truth". You guys are great at critiquing and making a mockery of other people's beliefs with complete irreverence. I was just wondering if there was something you believed in that wasn't based on a negative. Or is your entire belief system based on not-someone-elses-beliefs.

dfnj

Don't take offense.
I'm not trying to convince you (just following your lead).
I offered my perspective...one very different from yours.
It has nothing to do with meaning.

No offense taking. I'm sure from your perspective your perspective makes perfect sense and is only "right" way to think.