• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i have no clue what religion i am. help?

kory

Hey!
So basically i’m just here to see if anyone can help me out. I grew up non-religious, but there are some things that i believe in and i’m wondering if there is a specific religion that i relate to.
i believe in reincarnation (but i believe some people are given the choice to stay in the afterlife), karma, positive and/or negative energy in all things, i also believe in the powers that witchcraft has, but i do not believe there is a god, or multiple gods.
is there a religion that includes those things? i know i sound really ignorant; i really just want to get educated so i can make a decision.

Ayjaydee

Hey!
So basically i’m just here to see if anyone can help me out. I grew up non-religious, but there are some things that i believe in and i’m wondering if there is a specific religion that i relate to.
i believe in reincarnation (but i believe some people are given the choice to stay in the afterlife), karma, positive and/or negative energy in all things, i also believe in the powers that witchcraft has, but i do not believe there is a god, or multiple gods.
is there a religion that includes those things? i know i sound really ignorant; i really just want to get educated so i can make a decision.
You can ellie e in an afterlife but not able to believe on God? What do you think inhabits the afterlige6? Humans?

kory

You can ellie e in an afterlife but not able to believe on God? What do you think inhabits the afterlige6? Humans?
Well, no. I believe that spirits, or the souls of all creatures can inhabit the afterlife, but I don’t think there is a higher being in charge of the whole process. I believe that, whatever the afterlife is, is more just another plane of existence than a heaven or hell.

Ayjaydee

Hey!
How do you define gods? Who lives in this afterlife? For how long?

Ayjaydee

Well, no. I believe that spirits, or the souls of all creatures can inhabit the afterlife, but I don’t think there is a higher being in charge of the whole process. I believe that, whatever the afterlife is, is more just another plane of existence than a heaven or hell.
Therevadan buddhism might be a good place to start although some would claim it isn't a real religion as there is no room for a creator or anyone in charge

Ayjaydee

Therevada has no real room for souls either so u might try majayana or tibetan

kory

How do you define gods? Who lives in this afterlife? For how long?
I define gods as beings who are seen as all powerful, or seen as in charge. I think the afterlife is a plane of existence for spirits from creatures who have passed. i believe that some, if not all, are given a choice if they want to stay, and if they choose to, help people who are still living (like a guardian angel i guess?). Those who choose to go are reincarnated, and depending on their karmic debt owed, or lessons that the spirit did not learn from past lives, are given a new life that is based on those things.

Iymus

So basically i’m just here to see if anyone can help me out.

First and foremost your religion or more specifically your faith is your entire mindset and lifestyle. At least that's how I see it.

So you have a mindset of valid reincarnation, karma, energies, witchcraft but no gods or specific God?

You may fit under the atheist umbrella with a non belief in gods or a Specific God. But unaware of their views on reincarnation.

Ayjaydee

I define gods as beings who are seen as all powerful, or seen as in charge. I think the afterlife is a plane of existence for spirits from creatures who have passed. i believe that some, if not all, are given a choice if they want to stay, and if they choose to, help people who are still living (like a guardian angel i guess?). Those who choose to go are reincarnated, and depending on their karmic debt owed, or lessons that the spirit did not learn from past lives, are given a new life that is based on those things.
Mahayana seems right for you

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
First, welcome to RF.

About your question, what occurs to me is question: what is the meaning to you of being a member of a religion? Is it a sense of liking the rituals and ceremonies? Is it that their theology agrees with what you believe? Is it being a member of a community? Or something different or more than just one reason?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hey!
Welcome to RF :)

Sorry I don’t know much about how the various religions view witchcraft.

Anyway i’m sure others will help you out

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hey!
Hmm, reincarnation and karma are concepts in Buddhism and Hinduism. But there is no witchcraft in either of them. Wicca and other New Age religions have or are built around witchcraft but off the top of my head I know of none that doesn't have gods. (Although the variety is very broad and practically each coven has its own set of gods.) Shintoism, shamanism and animism don't have what we traditionally see as gods. The kami or spirits aren't as powerful as what we think of gods (but are sometimes called gods by westerners).
With as many religions as are out there, there must be one that fits you. And if not, found your own. It can be even lucrative, as L. Ron Hubbard could tell you.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Buddhism and Hinduism. But there is no witchcraft in either of them
Are you sure? Maybe it depends how one defines "witchcraft" (to me this feels related to magic, mystery, mysticism). I read Ramayana and Yoga Vasishtha. Witches (yogis having magical skills or siddhis) flying all around. Missiles flying on mantra-power and what not. Buddhism I don't know, but I do remember a movie called "Bulletproof Monk" I think, who had quite some magical powers. Maybe it was just a movie, but sometimes they are based on some truth. And when I see Kung Fu masters, they fly around (or let others fly around:)). I love this mysticism, great stories. Sky is the limit kind of stories. And the song "The magical mystery tour".

Heyo

Veteran Member
Are you sure? Maybe it depends how one defines "witchcraft" (to me this feels related to magic, mystery, mysticism). I read Ramayana and Yoga Vasishtha. Witches (yogis having magical skills or siddhis) flying all around. Missiles flying on mantra-power and what not. Buddhism I don't know, but I do remember a movie called "Bulletproof Monk" I think, who had quite some magical powers. Maybe it was just a movie, but sometimes they are based on some truth. And when I see Kung Fu masters, they fly around (or let others fly around:)). I love this mysticism, great stories. Sky is the limit kind of stories. And the a song "The magical mystery tour".
I see those more like the biblical stories about magic. Some people have or had the abilities, mostly mythical or legendary heroes or sages.
Witchcraft is something that everyone, or at least a fair number of people, can learn.

HonestJoe

Why would you need to "be" a specific religion?

PureX

Veteran Member
Hey!
Those are superstitions borrowed from people of various religious paths. They don't make you "religious". They just make you eclectic.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Hey!

I suggest you make one up that fits. Like the others did.

Ciao

- viole

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hey!

Just be who you want to be

Welcome to RF, while waiting for the staff canteen to open why not enjoy a pittite gaueaux or few

macaron-magasin-gâteaux-confiserie-image_csp52429314.jpg