• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know it is a fact that the world of Bible Believers leans on tradition.
I am trying to communicate to a few of you that it isn't right.

Some of you believe Jesus was killed by evil men so this won't mean much to you.
It is a fact that Jesus didn't fit the tradition and that is why they killed him.

djhwoodwerks

By your believing the Bible IS God's word is you professing YOU are right.

By you believing the Bible is God's word, but has mistakes, is you professing you are right.

Think about it! Just what you are accusing me of doing YOU ARE DOING.

Think about it! Just what you are doing, telling everyone who thinks the Bible is 100% correct, are wrong, but you are right that the Bible is not 100% correct is exactly what you are doing.

djhwoodwerks

Some of you believe Jesus was killed by evil men so this won't mean much to you.
It is a fact that Jesus didn't fit the tradition and that is why they killed him.

Jesus was killed by evil men!

Your facts are wrong! Jesus wasn't killed because of TRADITION, He was killed because He claimed to be the Son of God and taught against TRADITION

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@kjw47 The truth is that Jesus had already received all authority approximately two thousand years ago.
The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses will have you believe that Jesus received a crown in 1914.
I have asked you what does it mean "to receive a crown".
Are you going to answer it?
If you don't answer are we to assume that the governing body tells you to believe in meaningless things?
What is the right meaning of "Jesus received a crown in 1914"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus was killed by evil men!

Your facts are wrong! Jesus wasn't killed because of TRADITION, He was killed because He claimed to be the Son of God and taught against TRADITION
LOL. You Are FUNNY! According to YOU Jesus was killed because he "taught against tradition".
So? Tradition caused his murder. Or, can you not THINK that far? LOL

jtartar

This is fun!

It is written Jesus says, "get away from me".

Why does he say that?

Depart is a verb and away is a place. What will he tell them?

Matthew 7:22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Matthew 7:22-23

savagewind,
If you read those verses closely, you will see that they explain the point themselves, Matthew 7:21-23. Notice that verse 21,says
That only the ones doing the will of my Father will get into the Kingdom of God. That means that the ones mentioned here are not doing God's will, so Jesus is telling them that they are not approved for the Kingdom, in spite of the things they were doing.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
savagewind,
If you read those verses closely, you will see that they explain the point themselves, Matthew 7:21-23. Notice that verse 21,says
That only the ones doing the will of my Father will get into the Kingdom of God. That means that the ones mentioned here are not doing God's will, so Jesus is telling them that they are not approved for the Kingdom, in spite of the things they were doing.
Yes, I understand that part. What I do not understand is that at the end when God's will is done that every knee will bend to The True God Jesus is telling them to GO SOMEWHERE.

The question is where. Where does Jesus tell them to go when he says, "Get AWAY from me!".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to my understanding, Jesus is the name of the will of The Creator that all life submits in peace and in freedom to The God. "In that day" Jesus will say (and so it is written, he can't not say it) that it is God's will (because Jesus is for doing God's will) some people are to "get away" from him.
If you can answer where, I might be able to begin thinking like you that there are no mistakes in the Bible.
Why won't you help me?

WHERE?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Away" to or at a distance from a particular place, person, or thing; into an appropriate place for storage or safekeeping;

"Depart" leave, typically in order to start a journey: deviate from (an accepted, prescribed, or traditional course of action).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tell me @jtartar how are the words "ἀποχωρεῖτε ἀπ’ ἐμοῦ" not just like the words, "go to hell!"?

Also, like I have said, the words could very well be true to The True God (I can't see why not).
Why can't they mean: whenever* they who are doing things their way say "lord!" I confess (which means to know reluctantly) that they do not know me (as their lord) and that the works they do are away from me which means apart from God's will be done.

My lord, Jesus, is a TEACHER. If YOUR lord, Jesus, says to anyone "go to hell" he isn't a teacher.
If he isn't your teacher, who is?
If he isn't your teacher, what is he?
By the way, if he isn't your teacher then YOU ARE NOT HIS DISCIPLES.

*think about it!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You all are proving Matthew 7:21-23 your way.

What way is that?

Your way makes it meaningless until the end.
Your way has Jesus Christ bound to say them.
Your way has The Lord confused.

djhwoodwerks

"Our"? Do you mean you and @kjw47?

So, are you saying "get away from me" is not just the same as, "go to hell"?

Matthew 7:22-23 (ESV Strong's) 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Where do "workers of lawlessness" go?