• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you make disciples at home... you are obeying the command because your home is part of all nations. The Holy Spirit will tell each person where they are supposed to teach others.

And all the while, acting like a disciple.

And you can't just take one scripture and not balance it with the rest of scripture. That is like a blind man hugging a elephant trunk and thinking he knows what an elephant looks like.
LOL. Are you kidding me?

IF someone thought that by leaving home she is obeying the command to go make disciples, BUT God's will is that she stay, would that NOT be misled?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe THEY and the elephant are a thing.

She is not staying home. She already made disciples of the household. Now, she goes forth to make some more. Got it?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
LOL. Are you kidding me?

IF someone thought that by leaving home she is obeying the command to go make disciples, BUT God's will is that she stay, would that NOT be misled?

She is not staying home. She already made disciples of the household. Now, she goes forth to make some more. Got it?
You are creating your own scenario and a weak one at that.

Do you believe you are led by the Spirit of God and that He will lead you into all truth?

Does she have a pastor?

Is she an apostle, teacher, pastor or evangelist

DOES SHE READ THE REST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT? ;)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does she have a pastor?
I don't have one of those.

Is she an apostle, teacher, pastor or evangelist
No.

DOES SHE READ THE REST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT? ;)
I do. By the way, it is why I believe that "make disciples" is wrong. Where else does it say that the responsibility for faith is mine or yours.....or a pastor's.....or an evangelist's? Or anyone?

If disciples can be made, then it follows that God should make everyone a disciple.

Why doesn't God make them?

Kenny

Premium Member
It seem like you are honestly asking for understanding

Ken - Do you believe He will lead you into all truth?
Do I believe God will make me God? No! Of course not!
Disconnecting...

I didn't even say that and we certainly don't become God.

I believe I am being taught by God's son. Does that mean "led by the Spirit of God"?
No... let me quote Jesus:

John 16:12 `I have yet many things to say to you, but ye are not able to bear [them] now;
13 and when He may come -- the Spirit of truth -- He will guide you to all the truth, for He will not speak from Himself, but as many things as He will hear He will speak, and the coming things He will tell you;
14 He will glorify me, because of mine He will take, and will tell to you.
15 `All things, as many as the Father hath, are mine; because of this I said, That of mine He will take, and will tell to you; YLT

And then Paul:

Romans 8:14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;

The Holy Spirit (the Spirit of truth) will lead you into all truth.

I didn't know you were talking about yourself.

The word "Apostle" is a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders (Strongs Concordance). These are people that are sent across the globe making disciples. Evangelists (those who preach to masses) are also sent ones and usually don't stay making disciples (Phillip is a good example). Pastors stay in one place making disciples. Teachers usually stay in one place making disciples.

We have to take the whole of the Bible and not just 3 scripture versus thus there are other questions such as if the person is married and does she have responsibilities that God demands of her. (It also applies to a "him")

We are a body and every part of the body has a function. Fingers stay in one place, blood cells travel but they all work together.

If the Holy Spirit wants you to stay home and teach other people and disciple other people... that is what He will place in your heart. But we can't forget what Jesus said either "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much". To think someone needs to "travel and make disciples" but hasn't even been faithful to do what was required in raising children, serving at a church, etc... then the Holy Spirit won't send her across the world.

It sounds like you don't believe you are supposed to go to the nations. I would say that the Holy Spirit is leading you to stay right where you are and influence those around you for the good of His Kingdom.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It seem like you are honestly asking for understanding

Disconnecting...

I didn't even say that and we certainly don't become God.
It was tongue in cheek. But, if I had all truth, I would be God.

No... let me quote Jesus:

John 16:12 `I have yet many things to say to you, but ye are not able to bear [them] now;
13 and when He may come -- the Spirit of truth -- He will guide you to all the truth, for He will not speak from Himself, but as many things as He will hear He will speak, and the coming things He will tell you;
14 He will glorify me, because of mine He will take, and will tell to you.
15 `All things, as many as the Father hath, are mine; because of this I said, That of mine He will take, and will tell to you; YLT
I believe God's son is The Spirit of truth. You don't?

And then Paul:

Romans 8:14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;
Yes, I believe I am.
The Holy Spirit (the Spirit of truth) will lead you into all truth.
Is this a Bible quote?

I didn't know you were talking about yourself.
I wasn't. I thought you did that.

The word "Apostle" is a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders (Strongs Concordance).
I think the orders must come from YHVH. I have no order like that imo.

These are people that are sent across the globe making disciples. Evangelists (those who preach to masses) are also sent ones and usually don't stay making disciples (Phillip is a good example). Pastors stay in one place making disciples. Teachers usually stay in one place making disciples.
Will you answer the question for which church?

We have to take the whole of the Bible and not just 3 scripture versus thus there is the question if the person is married and does she have responsibilities that God demands of her. (It also applies to a "him")
Yes. I know that.

We are a body and every part of the body has a function. Fingers stay in one place, blood cells travel but they all work together.
Good! I believe that. I am the funny bone. Or not, I am not really sure.

If the Holy Spirit wants you to stay home and teach other people and disciple other people... that is what He will place in your heart. But we can't forget what Jesus said either "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much". To think someone needs to "travel and make disciples" but hasn't even been faithful to do what was required in raising children, serving at a church, etc... then the Holy Spirit won't send her across the world.
I agree with this.

It sounds like you don't believe you are supposed to go to the nations. I would say that the Holy Spirit is leading you to stay right where you are and influence those around you for the good of His Kingdom.
I am going to the nations. They are not listening.

Kenny

Premium Member
It was tongue in cheek. But, if I had all truth, I would be God.
:) Disconnecting: I was quoting the Bible and I didn't ask if you had all truth.

I believe God's son is The Spirit of truth. You don't?
Are you saying that He sent Himself? So the Father tells the son, and the son then tells himself again to then tell it to us?

Is this a Bible quote?
yes.
I wasn't. I thought you did that.
Nope... you did :)

Will you answer the question for which church?
There is only one Church... but many parts where they come together.

Good! I believe that. I am the funny bone. Or not, I am not really sure.
At least that one is funny.

I am going to the nations. They are not listening.
Then you have a few choices since others are sent and are listening:

1) You don't explain yourself well -- certainly you have done that in our discourse
2) You were sent to sow seeds but someone else will water it and harvest it - that has happened before (biblically)
3) You were never sent in the first place

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:) Disconnecting: I was quoting the Bible and I didn't ask if you had all truth.
I do not have all the truth. Nobody does, except ONE.

Are you saying that He sent Himself? So the Father tells the son, and the son then tells himself again to then tell it to us?
I do not debate the Trinity. I do not know the persoal affairs of God or The Christ. I think it is possible that the son sent himself. It is as though doing something that you would rather not do.

I found the quote and all means "every manner of". That is coming true for me.

Nope... you did :)
You are right.

There is only one Church... but many parts where they come together.
But they each teach something different. God says, "a body in confusion means Babylon".

At least that one is funny.
Well, that is a thank you very much.

Then you have a few choices since others are sent and are listening:
Others are sent and are listening. Listening to what? I thought people sent are supposed to be listened TO.

1) You don't explain yourself well -- certainly you have done that in our discourse
2) You were sent to sow seeds but someone else will water it and harvest it - that has happened before (biblically)
3) You were never sent in the first place
1 is true. And is why I shouldn't be sent.
2 is nice! I like it!
3. I think this one is true. Someone up there says, "she is too smarty pants for her good". But, I can't imagine what could be better.

MJFlores

Hello, just joined here yesterday. Almost a year old post, still unresolved? Lets see - sometimes when we look at a verse and wonder why, the answer is just either up that verse or down. We will just have to check the verses up from 7:22-23 we would check from the 15 to 23.

Matthew 7:15-23

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

What can we conclude? Not everyone (actually many) who recognizes Jesus as Lord will be saved because he never knew them at all. Who are they? They are false prophets who prophesied in Jesus name, who drove out demons in Jesus name and performed many miracles in Jesus name. They will have a surprise on that day - Judgement Day.

Sad isn't it? I hope the question on this thread is resolved.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have another question.

It is believed that 2 Timothy 3:16 is proof that the Bible is written by God through men.

Might θεόπνευστος mean something different?

I think it is every Christian's wish that he or she should live with God and of course for God.

pneustos means "having breath". Breath means alive. Is it possible to reconsider god-breathed means God to breath in you which should litterally mean to live in you?

Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?
Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

I propose that all scripture means that God is alive (θεόπνευστος) in you as you seek righteousness, seek meekness along with the cloud of witnesses who in their seeking righteousness wrote words FOR God (not of god). The goal is to welcome the life (θεόπνευστος) of God in you for life, ie as breath.

The lie is that scripture is God breathing out. I think you should consider it means God breathing in.

I believe God breathes in so His words can breathe out. I believe that is why it is an inspired word and not a dictated word although some part s of the Bible are word for word what God said.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have watched a video about the contradictions the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses believe in and I have a question about it.

They say they are not prophets and that they are not under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit (not inspired), but that they are being directed by it.

What is the difference?

What is the difference between being inspired to act and to speak and being directed what to do and to speak?

I believe the difference is between having the Spirit resident and receiving Him from the outside. I believe that would mean the JW's are not born again.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If something is simply guiding you, I would suppose you can take it or leave it. If you are being directed, you are either obeying the direction, or disobeying it. They believe they are being directed by the Holy Spirit. And if it is the Holy Spirit that is directing them, then they are right. When the Holy Spirit tells us something, it is not something we should feel we have the privilege to ignore. It is a commandment from God, and we ought and must obey. If not, we are in disobedience to a direct commandment by God.

I believe guided and directed are the same thing. But a person who is under the Spirit means the Spirit is on top producing the results wheras a guided or directed person has to produce the results through his own efforts.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hello, just joined here yesterday. Almost a year old post, still unresolved? Lets see - sometimes when we look at a verse and wonder why, the answer is just either up that verse or down. We will just have to check the verses up from 7:22-23 we would check from the 15 to 23.

Matthew 7:15-23

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

What can we conclude? Not everyone (actually many) who recognizes Jesus as Lord will be saved because he never knew them at all. Who are they? They are false prophets who prophesied in Jesus name, who drove out demons in Jesus name and performed many miracles in Jesus name. They will have a surprise on that day - Judgement Day.

Sad isn't it? I hope the question on this thread is resolved.

I believe "I worked at a soup kitchen" won't work either.

12jtartar

Premium Member
This is fun!

It is written Jesus says, "get away from me".

Why does he say that?

Depart is a verb and away is a place. What will he tell them?

Matthew 7:22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Matthew 7:22-23

savagewind,
Here is a point that should be taken into account, when contemplating Jesus' teaching. Jesus was not always sweet and nice to his hearers. Jesus could read people, and when he had tried to teach them several times, he knew that his teaching was not getting through to them, so sometimes he said things that shocked his hearers.
When Jesus said the things he said at Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus was telling them that they were not acceptable to him or his Father.
Jesus also said some shocking things, recorded at John 8, where he said their father was The Devil, John 8:43-45. Also at Matthew 23 where he kept calling his listeners hypocrites, blind guides, and fools. At verse 23:33 Jesus really shook them when he said; you serpents, offspring of vipers, how can you escape the judgement of Gehenna? They understood that Gehenna meant Everlasting death!
Jesus knew when to use shocking speech, we do not, because we cannot read our listeners as Jesus could.
What Jesus said worked, because many of the leaders of the Jews became believers later on, Acts 6:7.