• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Definition - Ethnos - New Testament Greek Lexicon - King James Version
  1. a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together
    1. a company, troop, swarm
  2. a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus
    1. the human family
  3. a tribe, nation, people group
  4. in the OT, foreign nations not worshipping the true God, pagans, Gentiles
  5. Paul uses the term for Gentile Christians

It doesn't have to mean WHOLE NATIONS... just a multitude of individuals of the same nature or nation but not necessarily the whole of the nation
That would be YOU adding to it. You are adding meaning. Aren't you?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That would be YOU adding to it. You are adding meaning. Aren't you?
No... Strong was a Greek scholar. Do you know Hebrew? Is there another definition? Or are you only going by the English translation?

But you haven't answered my question...

Just exactly what is the point that you want to get across?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, misled but not by Jesus (as it is written)

So, what is the point you are trying to establish?
I am trying to SAY that what they believe isn't what God says.
Does it matter? Apparently not.

God says that a person who is for The Christ must have a conscience for him AND for the people who will join themselves to him. If a lie is involved, it won't be him that they join.

It isn't true that Jesus commanded anyone to make people into disciples of him. It is a lie.
But, it is in the Bible. So, anyone who is for the Bible is for the lies in it.
If the lies were on purpose, they are for the ones who changed it.
If the lies were not on purpose but were just mistakes then they are for torturing people.

Torture? Yes. If I made a mistake and people shoved my mistake into anyone, that would be my torture.
Maybe you would not care that your mistake led people away from the truth. I do care.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No... Strong was a Greek scholar. Do you know Hebrew? Is there another definition? Or are you only going by the English translation?

Just exactly what is the point that you want to get across.
What are you taking about?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Just exactly what is the point that you want to get across?
YOU say the scripture means that "people out of" nations should be made into disciples.
I say I am to be a disciple in every nation in which I might go. I haven't added meaning to it.

Kenny

Premium Member
YOU say the scripture means that "people out of" nations should be made into disciples.
I say I am to be a disciple in every nation in which I might go. I haven't added meaning to it.
Is this the point that you wanted to make?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savage wind... there is no continuity between what I am asking and what you are replying.
I think you are asking what is my point?

I do not know if I have a point. I can see that the Bible is wrong in places. I can see that nobody but me cares about that. I might call that no point.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the Bible was copied wrong, for whatever reason, IT will mislead people. It HAS misled people.
That is my "point". Does my point cause fear? How, please?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not only do they trust that the Bible can not be wrong, some of them teach that you need to know it for your salvation. That belief having been let loose can do A LOT of damage.

Kenny

Premium Member
I think you are asking what is my point?
Yes... that has been my point.
I do not know if I have a point. I can see that the Bible is wrong in places. I can see that nobody but me cares about that. I might call that no point.
I don't see any place in the Bible that will lead someone astray. Certainly your discipleship point won't lead anyone astray.
some of them teach that you need to know it for your salvation
After being born-again for over 30 years... that's the first I have ever heard of that

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes... that has been my point.

I don't see any place in the Bible that will lead someone astray. Certainly your discipleship point won't lead anyone astray.
If someone was by the will of God for HOME but read that it is God's will that she make disciples, to obey she will leave her home. Not misled?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By the way, that it is believed Jesus says to be making disciples for which church is it to be done for?

Also, how does anyone know who was commanded to do it? Only the eleven, no twelve (counting our dear friend Paul)? If it was only for them why is it written for all of us?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Matthew 28:19 was spoken my way, it is easy to obey. Just do it!

If Matthew 28:19 was spoken YOUR way, then what, who, when, where, why and most especially HOW?

Kenny

Premium Member
If someone was by the will of God for HOME but read that it is God's will that she make disciples, to obey she will leave her home. Not misled?
If you make disciples at home... you are obeying the command because your home is part of all nations. The Holy Spirit will tell each person where they are supposed to teach others.

And all the while, acting like a disciple.

And you can't just take one scripture and not balance it with the rest of scripture. That is like a blind man hugging a elephant trunk and thinking he knows what an elephant looks like.