• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If that's what you mean, that I believe the Word of God to be inerrant, then you are correct.

It's not the Bible that's chock full of peoples opinions, the Bible is inerrant. It's peoples teachings of the Bible that are opinions. The Bible itself is not written by opinions.
Can you hear me? I said I do not doubt that scripture is inerrant AS WRITTEN but not as TRANSLATED

Jedster

Some people (JWs) believe that the wrong words spoken by the right people are right words. @Jedster Do you believe the opposite of what you say, "The right words from the wrong people are the wrong words"? Do you think wrong words spoken by right people are right words?
I'm not sure why you are making this so complex.
I think Jesus was referring to people falsely representing him, i.e preaching in his name. That's why he disassociated from their 'works'.
That is what I think he meant.
I am basing this opinion from what I have read about Jesus in the Greek Testament.
By the way, just to be clear, I don't think the Bible is inerrant(or any other writing).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why are you resorting to judging me? Your JW mindset is showing!
I am not judging you. You are either not with Jesus Christ to be taught by him or you are lying. YOU think it is right that the Bible says to make disciples is God's will for us. If you could hear Jesus you would not be teaching the Bible that way.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Don't you mean, preach incorrectly? What's wrong with making disciples out of people?
What is wrong with the command to make disciples? It is contrary to so much! I might bother posting many things that conflict with that but I have not found a real listening ear yet. I am not going to waste time talking to myself. I will give you two from the top of my head.
One is the 300 that God chose to uproot wickedness and the other is Jesus saying, FEW find the way of The Christ.
I will be annoying. See the verb, "FIND"? According to the modern version of scripture, the word should harmoniously say, "accept". Does it say, "accept"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And,... relevance?
If it is my job to make another person believe in Christ, accept Christ to follow him and to obey him, for that is what a disciple does [isn't it?] then why does Jesus say that the way is to be "FOUND"?

djhwoodwerks

Can you hear me? I said I do not doubt that scripture is inerrant AS WRITTEN but not as TRANSLATED

No, I cannot "hear" you! I can "see" what you write tho'!

I believe the early translations of the Bible are inerrant, i.e. the KJV. Not all Bibles are correct, because there are some religions that have written their own Bibles to suit their own beliefs and doctrine. So, you believe that God had the scripture "AS WRITTEN" to be inerrant, but wouldn't make certain that any translation, for us today, to be inerrant? Hog wash!

I am not judging you. You are either not with Jesus Christ to be taught by him or you are lying. YOU think it is right that the Bible says to make disciples is God's will for us. If you could hear Jesus you would not be teaching the Bible that way.

You're not judging me??

No, They say, Lord!" and he says, "you never once came my way". They did their works without him. Like you do!

djhwoodwerks

You're not judging me??

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I cannot "hear" you! I can "see" what you write tho'!

I believe the early translations of the Bible are inerrant, i.e. the KJV. Not all Bibles are correct, because there are some religions that have written their own Bibles to suit their own beliefs and doctrine. So, you believe that God had the scripture "AS WRITTEN" to be inerrant, but wouldn't make certain that any translation, for us today, to be inerrant? Hog wash!

You're not judging me??
It is not judging someone to see them and tell them what I see them doing. Why do you think so? Is it because you can't hear Jesus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is not judging someone to see them and tell them what I see them doing. Why do you think so? Is it because you can't hear Jesus?
If Jesus told you something that differed from early translations of the Bible would you be able to believe him? Is he able to communicate in your opinion?

djhwoodwerks

YOU think it is right that the Bible says to make disciples is God's will for us. If you could hear Jesus you would not be teaching the Bible that way.

Apparently, you don't follow any of the discussions Deeje and I have had. I'm not a JW, I don't believe that Jesus meant for every single person in the world to preach the Gospel and make disciples. I believe there are those chosen and appointed to teach and preach, it's not a command for everyone.

1Co 12:28-30 (ESVST) 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?

djhwoodwerks

If Jesus told you something that differed from early translations of the Bible would you be able to believe him? Is he able to communicate in your opinion?

If Jesus came to me, face to face, and told me something different from early translations I would believe Him above and beyond the Bible. If I read something, or someone tells me something different, or get a thought about something I have read, I will pray about it and study it until I'm 100% sure what is true.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Jesus came to me, face to face, and told me something different from early translations I would believe Him above and beyond the Bible. If I read something, or someone tells me something different, or get a thought about something I have read, I will pray about it and study it until I'm 100% sure what is true.
Please share what "face to face" means.
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29
We're just having fun with you! LOL

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apparently, you don't follow any of the discussions Deeje and I have had. I'm not a JW, I don't believe that Jesus meant for every single person in the world to preach the Gospel and make disciples. I believe there are those chosen and appointed to teach and preach, it's not a command for everyone.

1Co 12:28-30 (ESVST) 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
I am saying some who had no right to do so have interpreted. It appears you have sided with that side.

djhwoodwerks

Please share what "face to face" means.
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29
We're just having fun with you! LOL

Well, I'm glad I'm providing your entertainment!

If Jesus came to me, "face to face" and told me something different, I would believe Him. If I just get a thought like, "hey Don, this is Jesus" and proceed to think different from what the Bible says, I'm not going to immediately believe it is from Jesus. I will study it and pray for revelation on the matter. The Bible says to test the spirits to see if they are from God.

djhwoodwerks

Your needing to know Jesus face to face might mean you deny this one.
John 14:16-17

I didn't say I "NEED" to know or see Jesus face to face. I don't believe everything I see, feel, read or hear is from Jesus, I study and pray about it before I believe it.

How do you discern when you think you hear from Jesus?

djhwoodwerks

I said, "IF" Jesus came to me", I didn't say I don't or won't believe unless I see Him face to face. Just slow down, and read what I post. Don't be in such a hurry to judge and disagree with me!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say I "NEED" to know or see Jesus face to face. I don't believe everything I see, feel, read or hear is from Jesus, I study and pray about it before I believe it.

How do you discern when you think you hear from Jesus?
He shows me how things match or do not match.