• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Perhaps they deserved that (now, I am not a Christian. It is just guess work. Christians will know better. Someone said they could not do this in their own name, copy-right problem). But why then, were they able to do that at all? I suppose faulty soft-ware. It should have detected the trespass.

djhwoodwerks

Mat 7:21-23 (ESVST) 21 " Not everyone who says to me, ' Lord, Lord, ' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ' Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name? ' 23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. '

This is my understanding of Jesus' words,

These people know who Jesus is and they know the power in His name. In His name they cast out demons, they prophesied, they did many mighty works. "THEY" knew Jesus, but Jesus didn't know them. Why didn't Jesus know them if they were doing all these good works in His name? Because they didn't have a "personal" relationship with Him! It's not enough to just know Who He is or what He has done, we have to have an intimate, personal relationship with "HIM".

That is why Jesus said,

Mat 15:7-9 (ESVST) 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: 8 "'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; 9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'"

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Unbelievers, heretics. Birds of one feather flock together. ^^^ Well, here is the answer from a knowledgeable person - intimate personal relationship. Not just being 'Munafiquns".

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mat 7:21-23 (ESVST) 21 " Not everyone who says to me, ' Lord, Lord, ' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ' Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name? ' 23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. '

This is my understanding of Jesus' words,

These people know who Jesus is and they know the power in His name. In His name they cast out demons, they prophesied, they did many mighty works. "THEY" knew Jesus, but Jesus didn't know them. Why didn't Jesus know them if they were doing all these good works in His name? Because they didn't have a "personal" relationship with Him! It's not enough to just know Who He is or what He has done, we have to have an intimate, personal relationship with "HIM".
I agree

That is why Jesus said,

Mat 15:7-9 (ESVST) 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: 8 "'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; 9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'"
Do you not see? THEIR heart is far removed from Jesus. But Matthew 7:23 has the heart of Jesus removed from them.

I think you are an inerrantist. That is where we part ways.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say it was a fact, I was just saying what I thought it meant.

I didn't say it was a fact, I was just saying what I thought it meant.
Mark 9:40 disagrees with you imo.
Who is not against meaning NOT teaching things contrary to God's Word is FOR God's Word.
I think it is better to ignore God's Word than to teach it incorrectly.
Mark 9:42

Jedster

Mark 9:40 disagrees with you imo.
Who is not against meaning NOT teaching things contrary to God's Word is FOR God's Word.
I think it is better to ignore God's Word than to teach it incorrectly.
Mark 9:42

Thanks for telling me what you think. That's exactly what I did.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some people (JWs) believe that the wrong words spoken by the right people are right words. @Jedster Do you believe the opposite of what you say, "The right words from the wrong people are the wrong words"? Do you think wrong words spoken by right people are right words?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
??? Do you know what inerrant means? If so, what has it got to do with what I posted?
You posted as though the writer wrote what we read. I say what we read is not what the writer intended for us to know. I say it says something else. You stick with the tradiitonal meaning making you in my eyes an inerrantist which is a word I just today picked up. I think it means: scripture as it was translated is as it should be, it is now as it was written originally. The meaning has not changed. I do not agree with that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's not true, Jesus died for them too, didn't He?
YES! But the way it is translated does not jive with that FACT.

It says "I never knew you" means my heart was never with you. NEVER. That is why IT CAN NOT SAY WHAT YOU SAY IT SAYS.

djhwoodwerks

You posted as though the writer wrote what we read. I say what we read is not what the writer intended for us to know. I say it says something else. You stick with the tradiitonal meaning making you in my eyes an inerrantist which is a word I just today picked up. I think it means: scripture as it was translated is as it should be, it is now as it was written originally. The meaning has not changed. I do not agree with that.

in·er·rant
(ĭn-ĕr′ənt)
adj.
1. Incapable of erring; infallible.
2. Containing no errors.

Yes, I believe the Bible to be inerrant!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
in·er·rant
(ĭn-ĕr′ənt)
adj.
1. Incapable of erring; infallible.
2. Containing no errors.

Yes, I believe the Bible to be inerrant!
So I was right. I have never said that any writing of it isn't inerrant fyi.
It is my opinion and I have tons and tons and tons of proof that what we have is chockful of people's opinions of what God's Word communicates. Opinion is not inerrant. Agree?

djhwoodwerks

YES! But the way it is translated does not jive with that FACT.

It says "I never knew you" means my heart was never with you. NEVER. That is why IT CAN NOT SAY WHAT YOU SAY IT SAYS.

So we can be on the same page, you're saying that that verse means, in that day when Jesus says, "I never knew you" He's actually saying, "who are you, I don't know you, get away from Me"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So we can be on the same page, you're saying that that verse means, in that day when Jesus says, "I never knew you" He's actually saying, "who are you, I don't know you, get away from Me"?
No, They say, Lord!" and he says, "you never once came my way". They did their works without him. Like you do!

djhwoodwerks

So I was right. I have never said that any writing of it isn't inerrant fyi.
It is my opinion and I have tons and tons and tons of proof that what we have is chockful of people's opinions of what God's Word communicates. Opinion is not inerrant. Agree?

If that's what you mean, that I believe the Word of God to be inerrant, then you are correct.

It's not the Bible that's chock full of peoples opinions, the Bible is inerrant. It's peoples teachings of the Bible that are opinions. The Bible itself is not written by opinions.