• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a weird fantasy

Frank Goad

I have always wanted to die in my sleep and going around like casper.And help and be friends with people in my town.With God's help.Weird huh?:):cool:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have always wanted to die in my sleep and going around like casper.And help and be friends with people in my town.With God's help.Weird huh?:):cool:
You want to become a Ghost?
How do you see people become friend with you, if they can not see you or if they see you, how would you interact with them?

Frank Goad

How do you see people become friend with you, if they can not see you or if they see you, how would you interact with them?

In my first message.I said I wanted God's help.With all the problems of being a ghost.:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my first message.I said I wanted God's help.With all the problems of being a ghost.:)
I know you seeking Gods help. But my question would then be, why would God want to help you become a Ghost instead of enlighten you, so you could be in heaven with God?
Isn't ghost further away from God then human beings?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Many believers in ghosts say they can be seen, heard, and even interact with physical objects if they have enough energy to do so. They also claim you can interact via EVP's. Another common belief is that ghosts tend to result from tragic or tramatic death.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I know you seeking Gods help. But my question would then be, why would God want to help you become a Ghost instead of enlighten you, so you could be in heaven with God?
Isn't ghost further away from God then human beings?
Or your ideas regarding God are simply speculation and presumption.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Many believers in ghosts say they can be seen, heard, and even interact with physical objects if they have enough energy to do so. They also claim you can interact via EVP's. Another common belief is that ghosts tend to result from tragic or tramatic death.
Yes am aware of this. I just was a bit surprised that a human being want to become a ghost after he leave this life.
I did not try to critique, I was just trying to understand him more.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why wouldn't some desire to stay behind to help others out of selfless compassion?
Stay as a human being yes, that I have heard about, in Buddhism it is called Bodhisattva, they do stay behind to help others to gain enlightenment.
But as I said, I do not understand how a ghost can help a human being.

Could of course be that there are some things I don't know about being a ghost.

Frank Goad

Stay as a human being yes, that I have heard about, in Buddhism it is called Bodhisattva, they do stay behind to help others to gain enlightenment.
But as I said, I do not understand how a ghost can help a human being.

Could of course be that there are some things I don't know about being a ghost.

I thought if i die in my sleep and want to do the things I mentioned in my first post.God could use his power of being all knowing.And help me in every way possible.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Seems like you want to still participate in wordly affairs without the drawbacks of a corporeal existance after you die. Would be kind of cool for a little while, honestly. In the end people wouldn't know they got help, and they wouldn't even knew you existed, though. Sounds like it would get lonely...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

That's one way to get superpowers. So no bite by a radioactive spider or going for a walk on a gamma testing range?

Gargovic Malkav

I think it would be wise to restrict this to a fantasy, and not an obsessive desire that has to come true according to your expectations.
Because when you do that, and God doesn't give you that because He feels you deserve something better, you're at risk treating reality as something detestable, causing you to turn away from Him.