• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a question for the Jehovah's wittiness on here

Frank Goad

If someone could get you out of body with the power of jesus.How do you know it would be jesus doing it?:confused: How would jesus let you know it was him?:confused: What do you think would be the signs?:confused:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Nobody has answered this question yet.:( I would tell them to pray to jesus about it.:)
We are never instructed to pray to Jesus at all, only to Jehovah "through" Jesus Christ.....and as I have never encountered any who espoused the tenets of Eckankar, I can't tell you. Gnosticism was around when Jesus walked the earth...he never mentioned it as being very important.

People are entitled to call themselves whatever they like, and to practice whatever truth their heart impels them to believe....this is how God judges us.....he sees how we respond to his instructions and whether we accept them, reject them, or invent other ways to worship him or some other deity based on false teachings of individuals or whole nations......its up to us.

Jesus said that we would recognize his disciples by certain criteria.....

1. That we obey his teachings....all of them, not just the convenient ones, and emulate his example. (1 Peter 2:21) Jesus has been authorized by his Father to guide and direct those who became his disciples.(Matthew 28:18)

2. That we love God with all our being...and treat our neighbors as we would like to be treated. (Matthew 22:35-40)

3. That we take God's word as coming from him, unaltered in its message since it was written. (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

4. That we love our Christian brothers and sisters as if they were our own family. (John 13:34-35)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If someone could get you out of body with the power of jesus.How do you know it would be jesus doing it?:confused: How would jesus let you know it was him?:confused: What do you think would be the signs?:confused:
Just the mere fact that you are still obsessing about out of body experiences tells me that you just don't get it.

They do not happen in this age.....any supernatural experience at this time in history the Bible indicates, is from the deceiver. Will Jesus tell you that?.....NO Frank because he already has in the scriptures. All we need to know is in that book. If you cannot accept that, what more can I tell you?
This is why I no longer bother to converse with you.....you can't be told. There is no place among Christ's disciples for those who want to promote their own preferences.

Frank Goad

Just the mere fact that you are still obsessing about out of body experiences tells me that you just don't get it.

They do not happen in this age.....any supernatural experience at this time in history the Bible indicates, is from the deceiver. Will Jesus tell you that?.....NO Frank because he already has in the scriptures. All we need to know is in that book. If you cannot accept that, what more can I tell you?
This is why I no longer bother to converse with you.....you can't be told. There is no place among Christ's disciples for those who want to promote their own preferences.

1 John 4:1-3 and Galatians 1:8.I think would help you know if an out of body spirit was really trying to help you go out of body by answered prayer.Or was just lying about it.:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
1 John 4:1-3 and Galatians 1:8.I think would help you know if an out of body spirit was really trying to help you go out of body by answered prayer.Or was just lying about it.:)

Frank.....no out of body experiences are from God in today’s age....those who tell you there are, are misled by the devil......if you keep obsessing about this, there is nothing more to say but good bye.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I’ve never met any. At least, not that I know of..
Some people we meet for the first time, aren’t comfortable revealing what religion they are members of. That’s been my experience, anyway.

Frank my cousin, you’ve got to realize...occultism is demonic at its source. It’s power comes from Satan. There is no “occultism that has to do with Christianity”. I’m sorry. Getting ‘caught up’ in such activity, can be very dangerous!

Since it seems to be so appealing to you, this is a temptation for you, a tendency that you will have to fight against. We all have them...but we have to fight them, if we want to please our Father Jehovah.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I've never had an out-of-body experience, but for someone to claim it can't happen or that it's from the devil is just so utterly arrogant and bizarre.

pearl

I've never had an out-of-body experience, but for someone to claim it can't happen or that it's from the devil is just so utterly arrogant and bizarre.

Neither have I, but I loved the movie with Jeff Goldblum and Cindy Lopper, 'Vibes'.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I went to the jw bible and it didn't have a foot note on 1 Corinthians 5:4. The link is right here: https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/1-corinthians/5/
I'm really glad that you are going to our website, that warms my heart! Jehovah is happy, too, no doubt. - Proverbs 27:11.

Try this one: go to www.wol.jw.org ; in the box at top right, where it says 'enter topic', you can search all kinds of subjects related to spiritual things.

Best wishes, my cousin.