• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a question for the Jehovah's wittiness on here

Frank Goad

Have you ever been to the door of a person into the religions of gnosticism or eckankar?If yes.What was it like?:)

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Why do you care so much about what jehovah's witnesses believes in?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
For three reasons:

1.I was close to being a full blown jw.
2.I find their arguments interesting.
3.I like how passionate they are about God.
I agree. I also like how passionate they are about God and their arguments are interesting.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
For three reasons:

1.I was close to being a full blown jw.
Sorry Frank, but you were not even close. Your obsession with the occult would never have allowed you in. “Full blown” means that there is a commitment made to God by following all the teachings of the Bible.....read Deuteronomy 18:9-12. There can be no spiritism, no astral travel, or supernatural dabbling. Your curiosity and seeming obsession about such things will always be a barrier. You can’t join JW’s like a it’s gym membership....it’s a commitment like a marriage.....and divorce is painful.

2.I find their arguments interesting.
That’s good, but unless you can commit whole-heartedly to the Bible’s teachings, and stick to them, that is all you will ever be to us...an interested bystander. Picture what that would have meant if you had lived in Noah’s day. How many interested bystanders does the Bible say, entered the ark?

3.I like how passionate they are about God.
You betcha......but it means leaving all other religious or spiritistic attachments, and committing to the Bible’s teachings and standards unreservedly. It means that there is no room for bringing your own ideas or preferences into your relationship with God. It has to be a “new personality” that is made by our own free will, by applying all that God tells us to do. (Ephesians 4:22-24)

Your continued obsession with occult ideas will always mean that your desire to have God alter his standards to accommodate yours, will never eventuate. Until you understand that, nothing will change.

Frank Goad

Sorry Frank, but you were not even close. Your obsession with the occult would never have allowed you in. “Full blown” means that there is a commitment made to God by following all the teachings of the Bible.....read Deuteronomy 18:9-12. There can be no spiritism, no astral travel, or supernatural dabbling. Your curiosity and seeming obsession about such things will always be a barrier. You can’t join JW’s like a it’s gym membership....it’s a commitment like a marriage.....and divorce is painful.

That’s good, but unless you can commit whole-heartedly to the Bible’s teachings, and stick to them, that is all you will ever be to us...an interested bystander. Picture what that would have meant if you had lived in Noah’s day. How many interested bystanders does the Bible say, entered the ark?

You betcha......but it means leaving all other religious or spiritistic attachments, and committing to the Bible’s teachings and standards unreservedly. It means that there is no room for bringing your own ideas or preferences into your relationship with God. It has to be a “new personality” that is made by our own free will, by applying all that God tells us to do. (Ephesians 4:22-24)

Your continued obsession with occult ideas will always mean that your desire to have God alter his standards to accommodate yours, will never eventuate. Until you understand that, nothing will change.

If I could meet God by praying to go out of body only.The jws would be the first people I would ask God to get out of body first.;)Because If God is all knowing he would know the perfect way to help get other people like the jws to believe me.:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If I could meet God by praying to go out of body only.The jws would be the first people I would ask God to get out of body first.;)Because If God is all knowing he would know the perfect way to help get other people like the jws to believe me.:)
You are not listening Frank.....you have to change your ideas to suit God...he will never change to suit you.

"Out of body experiences" and "astral travel" as fascinating as they are to you....are not from God...they are a trick of the devil to fool people like you who put way too much store by them. Curiosity about such things has led many people to ongoing mental health issues. You have to first admit that your obsessions are actually obsessions before you can successfully begin to enter into a relationship with God. All 'supernatural' things are forbidden by him. Did you read Deuteronomy 18:9-12? These things are "abhorrent" to God because of who is behind them masquerading as your friend when in reality he wants to lead you to where he is going....to where all the "goats" are going. (Matthew 25:41)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Deuteronomy 18:9-12...
"When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you must not learn to imitate the abhorrent practices of those nations. 10 No one shall be found among you who makes a son or daughter pass through fire, or who practices divination, or is a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who casts spells, or who consults ghosts or spirits, or who seeks oracles from the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is abhorrent to the Lord; it is because of such abhorrent practices that the Lord your God is driving them out before you."

God drove out the practicers of these things from the Promised Land that he gave to his people. The devil is a mimic...that is how he deceives...

Frank Goad

You are not listening Frank.....you have to change your ideas to suit God...he will never change to suit you.

"Out of body experiences" and "astral travel" as fascinating as they are to you....are not from God...they are a trick of the devil to fool people like you who put way too much store by them. Curiosity about such things has led many people to ongoing mental health issues. You have to first admit that your obsessions are actually obsessions before you can successfully begin to enter into a relationship with God. All 'supernatural' things are forbidden by him. Did you read Deuteronomy 18:9-12? These things are "abhorrent" to God because of who is behind them masquerading as your friend when in reality he wants to lead you to where he is going....to where all the "goats" are going. (Matthew 25:41)

If you read In 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.It sounds like paul is talking about an out of body experience.And in 1 Corinthians 5:1-5.It says paul is there in spirit by the power of jesus christ in verse 4.I am confused.:( What does it say in the jw bible about this?

Last edited:

Frank Goad

Deuteronomy 18:9-12...
"When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you must not learn to imitate the abhorrent practices of those nations. 10 No one shall be found among you who makes a son or daughter pass through fire, or who practices divination, or is a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who casts spells, or who consults ghosts or spirits, or who seeks oracles from the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is abhorrent to the Lord; it is because of such abhorrent practices that the Lord your God is driving them out before you."

God drove out the practicers of these things from the Promised Land that he gave to his people. The devil is a mimic...that is how he deceives...

Thank you for this.If a jw witness were to pray to God about this.How would they phrase their prayer?:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If you read In 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.It sounds like paul is talking about an out of body experience.And in 1 Corinthians 5:1-5.It says paul is there in spirit by the power of jesus christ in verse 4.I am confused.:( What does it say in the jw bible about this?
You are confusing experiences that God gave to very few of his servants, with something that can be experienced by the will of any human....believer or not.

What Paul experienced was part of his assignment as a dedicated servant of his God, specially chosen and given these experiences. They accomplished some important aspects of his ministry, but there is no need for those supernatural things now, we have God's word to guide us in all things.....we have no need of anything like that anymore.

According to Paul, those supernatural things are used by the devil to deceive the weak among us.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10...
"The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."

This is no time to be taken in by the devil's deceptions. If you love God, you will obey him in all things...its that simple. His will is more important than ours. Can you see that?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Thank you for this.If a jw witness were to pray to God about this.How would they phrase their prayer?:)

A plea to God to open our minds and heart to his truth and the courage to put his laws and principles into practice.
Surrendering our own will to God has to be done with complete trust in him....he will never lead us astray....but the devil will in a heartbeat. Whom do you wish to serve?

Frank Goad

You are confusing experiences that God gave to very few of his servants, with something that can be experienced by the will of any human....believer or not.

What Paul experienced was part of his assignment as a dedicated servant of his God, specially chosen and given these experiences. They accomplished some important aspects of his ministry, but there is no need for those supernatural things now, we have God's word to guide us in all things.....we have no need of anything like that anymore.

According to Paul, those supernatural things are used by the devil to deceive the weak among us.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10...
"The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."

This is no time to be taken in by the devil's deceptions. If you love God, you will obey him in all things...its that simple. His will is more important than ours. Can you see that?

What does it say in the jw bible about 2 Corinthians 12:1-4 and 1 Corinthians 5:1-5?:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I am not sure.:confused:
And that is the main problem.....you base your assumptions on a little knowledge.....have you heard the expression...."a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"? You are demonstrating it now.

Paul was speaking to fellow Christians in the city of Corinth.....those who were members of the Christian congregation there....in order to be a Christian you had to be baptized in front of witnesses so that your dedication was not something you could deny later if you decided that it was a mistake. In order to be baptized you had to believe what Jesus taught....all of it not just some parts. All in the congregation had to have unity of belief and purpose. (1 Corinthians 1:10) No one was allowed to bring their own ideas or elements of their former worship into the congregation.

In the first century there were miracles and strange happenings whilst Christianity was in its infancy. These miracles were to demonstrate God's power and to show that his spirit had shifted from the old corrupt religion that Jesus denounced as a departure from what God had established at Mt Sinai. There he asked the people to enter into a covenant with him.....they agreed of their own volition. But a covenant is a legally binding agreement, putting responsibility on both parties to fulfill their obligations to one another. Israel failed in their responsibility to uphold their end.....but God never did.

We are to be like God and his Christ....not like those who were disobedient and unfaithful.

Frank Goad

And that is the main problem.....you base your assumptions on a little knowledge.....have you heard the expression...."a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"? You are demonstrating it now.

Paul was speaking to fellow Christians in the city of Corinth.....those who were members of the Christian congregation there....in order to be a Christian you had to be baptized in front of witnesses so that your dedication was not something you could deny later if you decided that it was a mistake. In order to be baptized you had to believe what Jesus taught....all of it not just some parts. All in the congregation had to have unity of belief and purpose. (1 Corinthians 1:10) No one was allowed to bring their own ideas or elements of their former worship into the congregation.

In the first century there were miracles and strange happenings whilst Christianity was in its infancy. These miracles were to demonstrate God's power and to show that his spirit had shifted from the old corrupt religion that Jesus denounced as a departure from what God had established at Mt Sinai. There he asked the people to enter into a covenant with him.....they agreed of their own volition. But a covenant is a legally binding agreement, putting responsibility on both parties to fulfill their obligations to one another. Israel failed in their responsibility to uphold their end.....but God never did.

We are to be like God and his Christ....not like those who were disobedient and unfaithful.

Thanks for the reply.:)