• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a question for all the different religions on this board

Frank Goad

What do you think about divination?Do you believe it works?Do you believe both God and the devil have the power to make divination work?As for me i believe it works.And that both satan and God have the power to make it work.Because of my involvement with the occult.

Baladas

An Págánach
I am definitely open to receiving knowledge from the gods.

I mean absolutely no disrespect at all when I say this, but neither the god of Israel or Satan have anything to do with my personal beliefs or practices.

Blessings

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
What do you think about divination?Do you believe it works?Do you believe both God and the devil have the power to make divination work?As for me i believe it works.And that both satan and God have the power to make it work.Because of my involvement with the occult.
According to the scriptures divination works at deceiving people and is a form of rebellion against God. The eternal God who created heaven and earth and knows all things past, present, and future has no reason to make divination work and but has for good reason for forbidding and warning humans from involvement in the practices of divination.

What does the Bible say about divination?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

According to Matrixism, we are living in a simulated reality; there's no way of knowing who or what actually lives beyond our Matrix-like world in base reality; for all we know, the Devil could merely be some made-up character.

arthra

Baha'i

Thanks for posting Goad!

I'm a Baha'i.

Per the definition supplied by Wikipedia "Divination is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultic, standardized process or ritual."

I'm not a great fan of "divination." We have no rituals or occult practices in the Baha'i Faith.

As to your question about God and the devil using divination...

Baha'is do not believe there's a supernatural being like the "devil".

I'm not involved in the "occult."

- Art

GoodbyeDave

Divination is crucial to most forms of polytheism. Consider what the word means: "divination" is derived form "divine". To practice divination is to ask the gods for advice and guidance. The ancients all practices it, as do modern African, Chinese, and American polytheists.

To the Christians, I'd say that if your god "knows all things", isn't he a bit selfish keeping it all to himself? I was amused to read the condemnation of astrology in the current Catholic catechism, where the writer said that trying to foresee the future is showing distrust in providence: I hope he was careful not to hear the weather forecast…

Baladas

An Págánach
Divination is crucial to most forms of polytheism. Consider what the word means: "divination" is derived form "divine". To practice divination is to ask the gods for advice and guidance. The ancients all practices it, as do modern African, Chinese, and American polytheists.

To the Christians, I'd say that if your god "knows all things", isn't he a bit selfish keeping it all to himself? I was amused to read the condemnation of astrology in the current Catholic catechism, where the writer said that trying to foresee the future is showing distrust in providence: I hope he was careful not to hear the weather forecast…

What about prophecy? I guess that must be an exception.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you think about divination?

See here for some important stuff - Divination - Not What You Think

It's not a summary of my thoughts about the topic per se, but my thoughts about the topic inevitably start here because the culture I dwell within is... well.... how to put it? We talk a lot about how poor science education is and is need of improvement? That's got nothing on how poor education is on matters of philosophy and religion, especially occult-related topics that are maligned by various cultural narratives on multiple sides. :sweat: