• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a question about Shree Krishna jee

Alisha Kapoor

Krishna jee is often seen telling Arjun that no one becomes free by doing nothing. If that is the case, how does Krishna jee when he was a baby learn to be free?? What were some of the problems that came in his way when he was a baby? What are some problems that come in your way as a Hindu?

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
I think people repeated this Truth a few times on the other thread -- but it looks like the message did not get across completely.

Shri KRshNa is Purushottam ParamAtmA, Svayam BhagavAn
Not only is He THE pUrNa avatAr of BhagavAn VishNu, Shriman NArAyaN,
He is an avatArI - the One Who takes avatAr - descends into the mortal world out of compassion for the bound beings.

He is ever free
He is never bound
He is the One Who sets others free - this is why devotees sing "kanhaiyA le chal parali paar..."
He is the suRhut (well-wishing best friend)

paritrANAya sAdhunAm vinAshAyashcha dushkRutAm
dharma saMsthApanArthAya sambhavAmi yuge yuge ||

I descend into the mortal world era after era -- Why?
To protect the righteous and punish the wicked,
To establish dharma - righteous living,

For freeing the bound, and to bring highest joy to His devotees, He comes here, and goes through all human life.

So, even as Baal KRshNa - from day one, KAnhU is ever-free
HappyJanmashTami.jpg

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Shri KRshNa says in the Bhagavad GeetA....

BG 3.22 na me pArthasti kartavyaM trishu lokeshu kinchana |
nAnavAptamavAptavyaM varta eva cha karmaNi ||

Dear Parth (Arjun, son of Kunti, PruthA), I have no duty or work to be done in these entire three worlds (bhu - mortal-earthly, bhuvah: - astral , svah: - celestial and spiritual). Also, I have nothing to accomplish. Despite this, I keep working...

BG 3.23 yadi hyAhaM na varteyaM jAtu karmaNyatandritah: |
mama vartmAnuvartante manushyah: pArtha sarvashah:

...That is because , O Parth, if I do not perform tasks carefully, it will be destructive - because people will try to mimmick Me and that will lead to their destruction.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
As a Hindu, my problems have been to do with the caste system. I am born in an orthodox home where castes are looked upon rather rigidly. Being conditioned and groomed to this mind-set, I am also exposed in the outside world to a number of incidences where caste barriers are frowned upon. Therefore, my own standards are under 'confusion'. To me, when speaking to other Orthodox people, I think their attitude towards maintaining some distinguishing barriers among castes, esp. in the marriage arena, is correct. But also, when speaking to non-Orthodox people, I think their view on a 'caste-free' society is also correct. So not sure who I should side up with, permanently!!!

Secondly, conservative Hindus frown upon anything Western - like Western clothes, Western music, etc... Like for the caste-confusion, should I totally shun Western inventions, esp. in the arena of dress code or should I be fairly modern?

These are some of my confusions being a Hindu.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Krishna jee is often seen telling Arjun that no one becomes free by doing nothing. If that is the case, how does Krishna jee when he was a baby learn to be free?? What were some of the problems that came in his way when he was a baby? What are some problems that come in your way as a Hindu?
Krishna was born (incarnated) with the spirit of God in him. Krishna was born fully God in a human body. He is not another human born to learn through facing the problems of this world like Arjuna.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
As a Hindu, my problems have been to do with the caste system. I am born in an orthodox home where castes are looked upon rather rigidly. Being conditioned and groomed to this mind-set, I am also exposed in the outside world to a number of incidences where caste barriers are frowned upon. Therefore, my own standards are under 'confusion'. To me, when speaking to other Orthodox people, I think their attitude towards maintaining some distinguishing barriers among castes, esp. in the marriage arena, is correct. But also, when speaking to non-Orthodox people, I think their view on a 'caste-free' society is also correct. So not sure who I should side up with, permanently!!!

Secondly, conservative Hindus frown upon anything Western - like Western clothes, Western music, etc... Like for the caste-confusion, should I totally shun Western inventions, esp. in the arena of dress code or should I be fairly modern?

These are some of my confusions being a Hindu.
Hmm. I guess that issue of identity crisis is not reserved for "half n halves" like myself.
In the end I sided with myself and decided to say to hell with the restrictions of both my worlds.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Also, dear Alisha,
It is not like He came, did avatAr-kArya for 125 years and left. Shri KRshNa is not history.

He continues to work till date, even today
(i) ON and With His devotees --- to free, purify, educate and enlighten them (who surrender to Him)
(ii) THROUGH His devotees -- to purify, and bring peace and joy to many others

Few people know this in truth.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Also, dear Alisha,
It is not like He came, did avatAr-kArya for 125 years and left. Shri KRshNa is not history.

He continues to work till date, even today
(i) ON and With His devotees --- to free, purify, educate and enlighten them (who surrender to Him)
(ii) THROUGH His devotees -- to purify, and bring peace and joy to many others

Few people know this in truth.
Good points. What are your thoughts on the historical Krishna?

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Good points. What are your thoughts on the historical Krishna?
There is no such thing as "historical Krishna" and "Krishna today" or paramAtmA now and when He was visible to humans on earth...
It is the same KRshNa.

That being said. ParamAtmA appears in different forms for different people, but remains the same eternal paramAtmA.

Shri KRshNa IS. Is just there, and continues to be. SacchidAnanda rupAya -- thus starts the BhAgvat mahAtmya.

All about KRshNa can be found in Shrimad BhAgvat purAN, , Mahabharat, HarivaMsha supplement of Mahabharat, and Bhagavad GeetA of course.

Thoughts? Seriously, do you expect that the book gets published ? It will be multi-volume, if published and ever-expanding..
I will only bring this from another thread - the list below is from experience, and the list above is shAstra.

• An Ocean of Love
  • Most Compassionate
  • Blissful
  • Extremely tranquil - demonstrates pure existence. Sheer existence.
  • Most Beautiful
  • Very very real, simple, direct and an embodiment of Truth
  • Friend of all living beings. Remember a good Father is a friend to His children. Wants what is best for them. (Someone may ask - why Father? why not Mother? He is Father, Mother, Friend, like a sibling, Most precious jewel, highest knowledge.
  • Lets you be. Gives you freedom within limits. On the other hand, not a blade of grass , not a bat of an eyelid, can happen without His sanction.
  • Most humble and Egoless
  • Selfless - has no agenda for Himself,
  • Has nowhere to go, has nothing to achieve and nothing unknown/ left to know for Himself, is completely full and fulfilled in Himself.
  • Only an authentic emotion, a true sentiment, a real feeling of Love will attract Him
  • He knows us intricately and accurately. No one can fool Him.
  • The fact that He understands us more than we do, is a gift.
  • He is very sincere about the promises He makes. No one is standing there to judge Him, but He will not fail His own standards
  • He is very very gentle
  • Whatever He undertakes - He goes out full all the way 100%.... be it protect, love, guide, teach, mentor, nurture, support, just be there, ...
|| Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What were some of the problems that came in his way when he was a baby? What are some problems that come in your way as a Hindu?
Mother not allowing him to have as much butter as he would like to eat, sometimes even tying him for his pranks. As for problems in being a Hindu - none. Society changes all the time. Take that into your stride.

makhan-chor-kanhaiya-janmashtami-special.jpg
damodara.jpg

George-ananda

Premium Member
I love your enthusiasm for Krishna.
There is no such thing as "historical Krishna" and "Krishna today" or paramAtmA now and when He was visible to humans on earth...
My question was if and when do you think he was visible to humans on earth.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
My question was if and when do you think he was visible to humans on earth.
Oh. Shri KRshNa appeared here roughly 5300+ years ago at midnight on ShrAvaN KRshNa ashTami (8th day of dark lunar fortnight - waning moon cycle, in the lunar month ShrAvaN) , when the Sun was in the RohiNi nakshatra (Rohini constellation). He lived here for 125 years. He was taken from Mathura to GokuL for safety, and then the family moved to Nandagaon nearby. After a few years He left for Mathura with elder brother BalarAm, and moved His citizens to safety on a new island in the sea , called DwArkA.

He has also given darshan to people in these modern times.

Steveisherenow

We often fail to taken into account the historical aspect as well. Krishna took human form which obviously provided him human experiences and as any human, he too must have experienced emotional or ethical dilemmas. I think he started to learn how to become more free by taking everything with a grain of salt and as a child who is always laughing and cheerful.