• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate this situation, yet have to live through it

Mark Dohle

virus2.jpg

I hate this situation, yet have to live through it

I read today that they expect the cases for convid19 to continue to rise, going from 1500 new cases a day, to 3000. Each of us has to deal with this the best way we can. A highschool classmate reminded me of what generations in the past had to go through, which were in 'fact' much worse than what we are all going through at this time. However, I am sure many will not agree with that because of the effect it is having on their everyday lives.

It does not downplay what is happening now, nor the suffering that people the world over are going through. I do think that we are receiving way too much information, some of it contradictory. I do not know what to believe, so I am starting to limit what I read and to go to the news that I feel that I can trust.

Faith can be a deep comfort, and perhaps give meaning to all that we are experiencing. Yet we still have to deal with the stress build-up that can have a detrimental effect on us.

I do know that in order to be able to choose a healthy response we have to find a way to stop, breathe, and think more on a long term basis, than short term. This can help to deal with the short term in a more logical, rational manner.

Prayer can help with that, because in order to pray we really have to focus, center ourselves, and in that our emotions can be brought more in check.
I hate this situation, yet it must be embraced as well. It has to be lived through, we all know that, but to keep on track day after day for a length of time we do not know, can be fatiguing

I know that this is just me, not saying anything important or new, we all know what we need to do.--Br.MD

Nimos

A highschool classmate reminded me of what generations in the past had to go through, which were in 'fact' much worse than what we are all going through at this time. However, I am sure many will not agree with that because of the effect it is having on their everyday lives.
Honestly, I think we have dodged a bullet here, had this been something like the spanish flu, we would count death in many millions.

It is estimated to have killed between 17-100 million in just two years, however at the time that happened people were not travelling all around the world as they are today, it could have spread like wildfire. Covid should be used as a wake up call, if you ask me.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Honestly, I think we have dodged a bullet here, had this been something like the spanish flu, we would count death in many millions.

It is estimated to have killed between 17-100 million in just two years, however at the time that happened people were not travelling all around the world as they are today, it could have spread like wildfire. Covid should be used as a wake up call, if you ask me.

It spread around the world because of soldiers coming back from WW1