• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate Rishi Sunak..........

JIMMY12345

Your suggestion is not practical. We've run out of money, in part because of the help he gave out during the covid period. That was always going to have to be paid for, but people have short memories of the good things and nurse grievances over the bad. Taxes need to go up, not down. But there is I think room to make them more progressive to shield the less well-off.

I think the government is being too intransigent over public sector pay. They will need to meet these groups half way, which I think they can do without prolonging inflation hugely. Some of these people are really up against it - and the fact is they can't recruit the staff for the NHS or the care sector at such low salaries. They are leaving in droves to get better paid work in the private sector. Paying them so little is simply unsustainable. The country cannot run a European quality welfare state on US levels of taxation. The Tories are completely conflicted about this, being wedded to a low tax mantra imported from the US and failing to grasp that the British people do not want a US-style, devil-take-the-hindmost society and they never will.

Labour has made it very clear they have no intention of making unfunded tax cuts, so the comparison with Truss's level of incompetence is unfair.
Trust a scientist (ex chemist to come up with the answer) more taxation.Trouble its every man (and woman) for themselves.The train drivers will not agree to higher taxes to pay proper nurses salaries.Nor will they agree to OMO One man operation.This means nurses and public sector workers have to pay high transport work fares.Do not forget Nurses and the public sector have always been paid much less than the private sector.They get gold plated inflation proof pensions that the private sector has to pay for.Public sector workers do not have to put their house on the line to banks to borrow for business start ups.The private sector also generates the money to pay these pensions.Follow the Germans where unions move in tandem with firms like Mercedes,BMW and Audi.The UK lost its car and other industries.It is not generating the wealth to pay for all of this.There is no magic money tree.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Trust a scientist (ex chemist to come up with the answer) more taxation.Trouble its every man (and woman) for themselves.The train drivers will not agree to higher taxes to pay proper nurses salaries.Nor will they agree to OMO One man operation.This means nurses and public sector workers have to pay high transport work fares.Do not forget Nurses and the public sector have always been paid much less than the private sector.They get gold plated inflation proof pensions that the private sector has to pay for.Public sector workers do not have to put their house on the line to banks to borrow for business start ups.The private sector also generates the money to pay these pensions.Follow the Germans where unions move in tandem with firms like Mercedes,BMW and Audi.The UK lost its car and other industries.It is not generating the wealth to pay for all of this.There is no magic money tree.
Oh no a.... scientist.

:neutral:

JIMMY12345

Oh no a.... scientist.

:neutral:
An Economist is someone who thinks comfort is head in a fridge,feet in oven.

In China pensions could run out in 10 years as there are no children to pay the pensions for the older folk.
So what do the bean counters and Economists advise?

Yep more kids and lots of them

They ignore the advent of A1.The fact 1 in 4 of Chinese graduates have no job.Expanding populations expand the need for pensions,education and healthcare.

You know what?. I feel safer with scientists than economists.Bring em on.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
An Economist is someone who thinks comfort is head in a fridge,feet in oven.

In China pensions could run out in 10 years as there are no children to pay the pensions for the older folk.
So what do the bean counters and Economists advise?

Yep more kids and lots of them

They ignore the advent of A1.The fact 1 in 4 of Chinese graduates have no job.Expanding populations expand the need for pensions,education and healthcare.

You know what?. I feel safer with scientists than economists.Bring em on.

They could always print more money as they do in America when they run out of tax money.
America always runs on a deficit. Even though the taxes are among the highest in the world.
The dollar has no real value backing it.

The job problem for graduates is world wide. Far too many people take degrees that have no, or a limited market place.
China like almost everywhere, has a massive shortage of skilled trade workers.
I am sure that they will resolve that imbalance problem. They certainly are not short of people of all ages.