• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I guess I'll make it official.

emiliano

This thread is sooooo old! A lot has happened since I first created this thread. I don't consider myself a Satanist any longer. My interest in Satanism was largely the self-empowerment principle and magic. So I was looking to Satanism to make a better me essentially. And since, The Satanic Bible isn't a self-help book, :))) I very quickly moved on to other spiritual ideas and actual self help books :eek: . However, I must say that my very brief fling with Satanism influenced a lot of my views on the world today. Vital existence i.e. physical existence is just as important as spiritual existence. Being selfish can be a good thing etc,etc.

You are right, you create a good interesting post and it has evolved, I like the take on worship of a deity, I understand worship in a different light as you, I believe to worship is to be thankful for the goodness that the deity bring to you, to build an altar, to have certain ritual and celebrations to bring those instance in which it has shown it helping goodness to, and ask it that it remain in my life

Jeffery

I don't feel one can convert to LaVeyan Satanism. I was raised in a Catholic environment/home growing up. My father was a homicide detective, mother a stay-at-home mom & my folks to this day are still my best friends & have a wonderful marriage. However, we often differed on quite a few things. When I read the Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey it was like looking into a mirror, I had already been a Satanist & living the life, I just never knew what to call myself, or the philosophy I was living by. I've always had very right-wing conservative views on a lot of issues, minus religion & sex. In fact I'm currently enrolled in the local police academy too. However, I've never bought into the imaginary friend concept of God, or the Devil, etc. So, when I found out LaVeyan Satanism represented indulgence, not turning the other cheek, right-wing view points to a fault & atheism when it came to belief in God, or the Devil, I was sold/hooked! I hope you read LaVey's work(s) & gain as much knowledge as you possibly can from it. If this is the religion for you, then excellent!

Hail Satan!

Satanix

Setian Medic
Welcome to a rational understand of Satanism, continue to read and study not just satanism, but many other good books on atheism and chaos magic.

It's good to see alot more people joining Modern Satanism, rather than heretical christianity.

Good Luck, Hail Satan

-Satanix

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Eh you know what one might expect, LaVey, Might Is Right, Nietzche, etc.

Wow, I'm such a hermit!
Obviously, glimpses of society have not kept me up to date with much. Feeling seriously ignorant and out of touch with modern reality here... help me out; Nietzsche's works are considered "satanic literature"?

"Modern satanism"; I do not even know what it implies. Is it something of concern to general public? Ought I get informed? Sorry, friends; I realise my prejudice here but I must confess, I don't much like the sound of it...

Midnight Pete

I've "converted" to Modern Satanism. Being a Christian most of my life I have relied on God for comfort. Praying, reading scripture, etc. Recently I became agnostic (and still am) because I simply could not stop deceiving myself and have my mind go around in circles. However agnosticism alone has not been able to relieve me of my need to worship. Now after much self-deliberation and the reading of Satanic literature I've decided that Satanism is the right religion for me. It is the only religion I have found that is not only logical for me to follow but it does essentially feel that being a Satanist is helping me become a "better" person. Perhaps not in the sense of benevolence or empathy. But in the sense of becoming a leader.

What if Satanism presents the same problems as Christianity? Or would it, since you don't seem to have embraced "classical" Satanism?

If you like easy answers and an unchanging 'truth', there will be little appeal at all.

If you dislike the dark side of humanity, and try to rise above your animal nature rather than embracing it, there will be little appeal.

If you walk against the current, regard spirituality as ******** and value study and doubt over worship and faith, maybe read further...