• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got sick of being an atheist

Cooky

Veteran Member
So I tried atheism, and found that it didn't work out for me, so I'm back to faith again and realize how much I appreciate Christianity and Christian culture. It's the best, and I love it.

Glory be to God the highest. And peace to his people on earth!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
So I tried atheism, and found that it didn't work out for me, so I'm back to faith again and realize how much I appreciate Christianity and Christian culture. It's the best, and I love it.

Me too, but I didn't go back to being a Christian. Instead, I just went occult-hippie. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Glad you are happy in your choice.

Although can i ask? what did you find boring (or whatever) about not having any evidence for a god, you have the same quandary as a christian

Cooky

Veteran Member
Glad you are happy in your choice.

Although can i ask? what did you find boring (or whatever) about not having any evidence for a god, you have the same quandary as a christian

I see the state of California that I live in, as misguided... I see Christian culture as reassuring, good and friendly.

...It's not so much about God himself, but the Godly spirit that I missed.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not only did a lot of bad things start happening, but I realized that the culture I was becoming a part of was cold hearted.
Its not quite like that. I think it comes across that way because because the universe itself is indifferent.

Metaphorically, its the distinction by which things are gauged by its hardware as opposed to the software. You could say atheism is focused on the hardware while religion provides the software.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I see the state of California that I live in, as misguided... I see Christian culture as reassuring, good and friendly.

"It's not so much about God himself"
So nothing to do with atheism but your idea of community.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I like the culture... I feel positive feelings about Christian culture
But is their theology ontologically true?
Christians can be good or bad. So can atheists. What does the behavior of believers have to do with the objective truth of their beliefs?

A religion is an assertion of ontological truth, not a social club. An ethos or community can be generated from a particular "truth" but the community is not the religion. The theology is the religion.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I kind of miss Christianity in that respect , but I don't care for the flavor as much as I used to.

I personally find the paranormal to be more suitable imc because I do like good mysteries and scares. ;0]

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

How exactly do you "try" atheism?

It's not a low-fat cereal. It's a position you adopt as a result of conclusions you form about the world. You don't just "give it a try".

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Making a cause of atheism is not fulfilling.
I would rather be religious whereas one has the sincere aim of doing good.
My atheism is a lack of belief, and has nothing to do with a sense of community. I miss certain aspects of religion. Having high aims to love others is something I miss. Atheism seems to be about doing what you want to do.