• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got sick of being a christian

nPeace

Veteran Member
The flood was to rid the earth of the monstrous offspring of materialized rebel angels and human women. They were the "Nephilim" (Genesis 6) and they were responsible for the whole world of mankind going down a very wicked path of violence and immorality. The only righteous man of that time was Noah.

Because this action involved angelic creatures who had abused their God-given abilities in order to experience human pleasures, God had to create a vessel, (a safe haven) outside of which nothing could survive. The demon angels could have nothing of a material nature to cling to, so the flood eliminated any chance of them remaining in the world of that time. By destroying their offspring and all who followed their wicked course, God took out of existence, freakish humans of monstrous size and strength who had no right to exist, and forced their errant fathers back to the spirit realm where God thereafter placed them under restraint, by removing their ability to materialize. There is no mention of them doing so again.

It was not genocide but a drastic measure taken to stop the spread of that level of wickedness in the earth before God was due to bring in his Messiah. He started to populate the earth again with Noah sons and daughters in law. God had also hand picked the animals specimens that he had brought to Noah to place them on the ark. It just reset the world and put God's purpose back on track.

All the while that Noah was constructing the ark he preached to the people, but no one listened. There was room on that vessel for many more humans, but they chose to stay where they were, immersed in the lifestyle to which they had become accustomed....but soon to be immersed in a very different situation....and it was their own fault.

Again, God gave Pharaoh every opportunity to agree to his request to release the Israelites from harsh slavery, but each time he brought one of the plagues, Pharaoh agreed to let them go, only to change his mind as soon as the plague stopped.
Each of those plagues was designed to humiliate one of Egypt's many gods.....this happened 10 times and on the last time God struck another of Egypt's principle gods...the Pharaoh himself. His successor was also to be treated like a god. The death of the firstborn was not murder because God alone has the right and power over life and death. Pharaoh had ten chances to stop it, but his pride wouldn't let him. This was Pharaoh's fault.

Abraham's bargaining with God over Sodom and Gomorrah proves that God was reasonable about these cities.
He had said that if there were any righteous people in the cities he would spare them.....Lot and his family were the only ones. (Genesis 18:22-33) God knew that there were no righteous people there, but patiently allowed Abraham to test him out. These people were incorrigibly wicked.

The Midianites, who were distantly related to the Israelites cunningly used their women to induce thousands of Israelite males to become involved in sexual immorality and idolatry in connection with Baal of Peor. (Numbers 25:1-9; 14-18; 31:15-16; 1 Corinthians 10:8; Revelation 2:14) Thereafter the Israelites, in obedience to divine command, took vengeance upon Midian. The Midianite cities and walled camps in the area were consigned to the fire. Thousands of domestic animals and many gold articles were taken as spoils. With the exception of the virgins, all, including the five kings of Midian were put to death. (Numbers 31)

Again it was a divine command and it was carried out with his sanction. God does not need our approval or opinions about his right as Universal Sovereign to conduct his business as he sees fit. It was the time and the circumstances of the day and nothing whatever to do with the sensibilities of today's world.

Perhaps the context may explain a little better....

"If you approach a city to fight against it, you should also announce to it terms of peace. 11 If it gives a peaceful answer to you and opens up to you, all the people found there will become yours for forced labor, and they will serve you. 12 But if it refuses to make peace with you and instead goes to war with you, you should besiege it, 13 and Jehovah your God will certainly give it into your hand, and you must strike down every male in it with the sword. 14 However, the women, the children, the livestock, and everything that is in the city, all its spoil, you may plunder for yourself, and you will eat the spoil of your enemies, which Jehovah your God has given to you.. . . .in the cities of these peoples, which Jehovah your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not allow any breathing thing to live. 17 Instead, you should devote them completely to destruction. . . . just as Jehovah your God has commanded you; 18 so that they may not teach you to follow all their detestable practices that they have done for their gods, causing you to sin against Jehovah your God."

It was an expectation in those times that the conqueror got the spoil.
God's complete disdain for false worship and its detestable practices was reflected in his commands.

The slander is from satan......the one who lied about God and took humans hostage in the beginning, abusing their trust and leading the world into conflict with the Creator.

You are free to evaluate things in any way you wish, but I just wanted you to know that God had his reasons for what he did and the way he did them at that time. The Bible explains his actions as they were carried out in another time in another world. He does not sanction such things today because it is a completely different world with different circumstances.

I just wanted you to have the facts.
Your decisions are yours to make.....I am just a messenger. But there are just two sides.....you have to choose the right one if you want your life to continue according to what God has planned for the life he created here....its up to everyone to make their own decisions about that.
As you pointed out Deeje, one may not be interested in facts, which they may not even have.
The way I see it, one can choose to reject, or accept a king, and his rules.
If they reject the king, they will choose to leave the domain, and live under another king.
What I think it comes down to, is, at the end of the day, what are the benefits one receives, or don't receive, from the king they choose.
I know there have been many persons that did not understand some things about a situation, and they did not have all the facts, but they chose to focus on the facts they did have, which outweighed the ones they did not.
If a person thinks they have all the facts, it would be impossible to convince them otherwise. So if the facts to them, is that God is terrible, then they have already rejected him.

What I wonder about though, is how does a person choose Atheism, and still blame God for anything, or speak of rejecting God.
I would have thought that if one rejects any view of an existing God, then the conclusion they should come to is, not "God is terrible?, but the stories people write are terrible.

If on the other hand, one can see that there is a God, like so many people do, who don't claim to know who or what God, they would reject religion that promote the God they reject, but search for the God elsewhere - like choosing one king over another.

So, in my mind the question is raised, is it really about facts, or preference?
Because one does not have all the facts, to say 'there is no God', yet they choose to not not believe in any.,, not even searching, as they are doing for ETs.

Thinking on this, the words of Psalms 10:4, and Psalms 14:1 become profoundly more meaningful, logical and reasonable. in line with Romans 1:19-23.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What I wonder about though, is how does a person choose Atheism, and still blame God for anything, or speak of rejecting God.

Who blames a god? in my case i blame the teaching of the bible to gullible people, the complete lack of evidence for a gods existence and the myriad phenomena that indicates that many claimed aspects of a god are total hogwash.

So, in my mind the question is raised, is it really about facts, or preference?

The fact is that no evidence has ever been provided either for or against the existence of god so using the word "fact" is extremely misleading, purposely or not?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I have chosen the right side, my side, not anyone elses, No need for a god belief to fill in gaps in knowledge, i am quite happy with the truth and say to the difficult questions, "i dont know, but every day the gaps get smaller so i am content to learn as real, evidenced answers are presented"

Nuff said.....it’s not my job to convince you....it’s my job to convey the Bible’s position on the things you brought up.

Choosing our position on the “God” question is what it’s all about. Done. :)

Dave Watchman

Ok, the flood. God committed genocide against the whole planet
Or how about devastating egypt and murderering all first born.
Or destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and all the inhabitants.

Are you mad about it?

You sound mad.

Oh the poor Antediluvians.

Oh the poor Egyptians.

Oh the poor Sodomites.

It wasn't fair.

I thought you didn't even believe in God, but now you sound frustrated over the things that He's done.

I think you DO believe in God, but you're mad that He isn't the way you want Him to be.

I read your OP.

That's a bummer, you got into the wrong church.

Where was your Dad anyway?

If you were my kid, I wouldn't let you stand up there and be ridiculed.

I would have grabbed you and told the vicar, thanks for nothing, we are OUT of here.

At this stage in the game all the churches are bad anyway.

Each one of them has a place now as part of the seven heads on the composite beast from Revelation 13.

Come out of her my people.

Just read the Gospels; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

And then read them again.

Then pray to the Lord that they will click with you.

Then read them again.

And have a:

Peaceful Sabbath.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Are you mad about it?

You sound mad.

Oh the poor Antediluvians.

Oh the poor Egyptians.

Oh the poor Sodomites.

It wasn't fair.

I thought you didn't even believe in God, but now you sound frustrated over the things that He's done.

I think you DO believe in God, but you're mad that He isn't the way you want Him to be.

I read your OP.

That's a bummer, you got into the wrong church.

Where was your Dad anyway?

If you were my kid, I wouldn't let you stand up there and be ridiculed.

I would have grabbed you and told the vicar, thanks for nothing, we are OUT of here.

At this stage in the game all the churches are bad anyway.

Each one of them has a place now as part of the seven heads on the composite beast from Revelation 13.

Come out of her my people.

Then read them again.

And have a:

Peaceful Sabbath.

Mad? No, as mocked and rejected teen i was very upset. But i soon began to see the wonderful gift they had given me by getting me out of that place.

You are mistaking what is written the bible for god. Common enough error.

Don't blame my parents for the actions of idiots.

Read them with the whole bible several times using three different versions of the book. Quite surprising how different they are eh?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What began my path to atheism was not really church. But learning to read, i read the bible and found all the hatred infesting the congregation in there. What a learning tool is the bible when one chooses to assymilate the bad
That was my experience. At a time when I needed god the most, I turned to his word for guidance as a good Christian should. But what I found was so much violence, so much repression, and so much gruesome things being done who even make just a minor slight against this god. So much hatred and death. So much justification for why I hated myself and the Church preached against sexual immorality and deviance.
But in the end is was guidance I needed, just not the guidance I set out to obtain, but guidance to help push me away from the church and never look back.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Then read them again.
I can read them and pray until I die. I don't have the desire to return nor the ability to believe again.

Dave Watchman

Mad? No, as mocked and rejected teen i was very upset. But i soon began to see the wonderful gift they had given me by getting me out of that place.

Probably time to get over it.

Leave room for the Lord's wrath.

He'll get the vicar.

No?

You are mistaking what is written the bible for god. Common enough error.

Again, it sounds like you're acknowledging the existence of God, but you're not in agreement with what is written in the Bible about God.

Like He's not the God you want Him to be.

I tend to think everyone believes in God.

It's just that the non - Abrahamic religions, including the Atheists, don't LIKE the idea of the God of the Bible.

They don't agree with the Actions of God, or with God telling them what to do.

It's tricky to describe without alienating, or offending the people involved.

Some of these people are going to be lost, and there's simply nothing that we can do about it..

Revelation describes a time when everyone will know that the God of the Bible is coming back, but they will seek to hide from the face of Him who sits upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.

"But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, ...

-Revelation 9:20

"And they cursed the God of heaven for their pains and sores. But they did not repent of their evil deeds and turn to God.

- Revelation 16:11​

But Joel speaks of others, who when witnessing the outbreak of God's wrath, call out on the name of the Lord.

“And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the Lord has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the Lord calls.
- Joel 2​

Those whom the Lord calls.

Sweet.

So if the asteroids start falling, or something apocalyptic begins, remember to call out on the name of the Lord.

Like 9/11.

Oh dear God.

Oh dear Lord.

Lord help us.

And so be saved.

Peaceful Sabbath.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Probably time to get over it.

Leave room for the Lord's wrath.

He'll get the vicar.

No?

Again, it sounds like you're acknowledging the existence of God, but you're not in agreement with what is written in the Bible about God.

Like He's not the God you want Him to be.

I tend to think everyone believes in God.

It's just that the non - Abrahamic religions, including the Atheists, don't LIKE the idea of the God of the Bible.

They don't agree with the Actions of God, or with God telling them what to do.

It's tricky to describe without alienating, or offending the people involved.

Some of these people are going to be lost, and there's simply nothing that we can do about it..

Revelation describes a time when everyone will know that the God of the Bible is coming back, but they will seek to hide from the face of Him who sits upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.

"But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, ...

-Revelation 9:20

"And they cursed the God of heaven for their pains and sores. But they did not repent of their evil deeds and turn to God.

- Revelation 16:11​

But Joel speaks of others, who when witnessing the outbreak of God's wrath, call out on the name of the Lord.

“And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the Lord has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the Lord calls.
- Joel 2​

Those whom the Lord calls.

Sweet.

So if the asteroids start falling, or something apocalyptic begins, remember to call out on the name of the Lord.

Like 9/11.

Oh dear God.

Oh dear Lord.

Lord help us.

And so be saved.

Peaceful Sabbath.

I am sure you can read. I got over it long ago. I did however recount it here for several reasons.

Again? I am sure you can read. The bible is not a god. What is written in the bible is the word of man, not a god. If you wantbto believe other wise you are most welcome but dont brand me with your belief

Tell you what. To ease your conscience. Show me falsifiable evidence of your version of god (or any other of the thousands of gods thst are/have been believed in and i will consider that evidence. Until then be content to know you are wrong about me

Oh and i really am not interested in straw men and make believe.

Dave Watchman

I can read them and pray until I die. I don't have the desire to return nor the ability to believe again.

Just keep going on it, "until I die".

Pray for the desire.

Not for the desire to go back to church, pray for the desire of women. (Jesus) The Desire of ages.

Pray for the belief.

Belief in Christ is a gift.

Jesus asked His disciples who did they think He was.

Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.​

It's the Father in heaven that picks us for a belief in Jesus.

Keep reading the Gospels for the chance to believe in Jesus.

You don't need to go to a church to be saved.

I'm not SDA, but I also recommend reading the Desire of Ages by Ellen White. She really was a genius. 1898. And it's a good read, and it's free. You just need to find a good online copy that's easy on the eyes. Find a nice PDF version. Some of them have a black background and white letters and make you go blind like Paul for three days.

Preface
In the hearts of all mankind, of whatever race or station in life, there are inexpressible longings for something they do not now possess. This longing is implanted in the very constitution of man by a merciful God, that man may not be satisfied with his present conditions or attainments, whether bad, or good, or better. God desires that the human shall seek the best, and find it to the eternal blessing of his soul.

Satan, by wily scheme and craft, has perverted these longings of the human heart. He makes men believe that this desire may be satisfied by pleasure, by wealth, by ease, by fame, by power; but those who have been thus deceived by him (and they number myriads) find all these things pall upon the sense, leaving the soul as barren and unsatisfied as before. It is God's design that this longing of the human heart should lead to the one who alone is able to satisfy it. The desire is of Him that it may lead to Him, the fullness and fulfillment of that desire.

That fullness is found in Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Eternal God. “For it was the good pleasure of the Father that in Him should all the fullness dwell;” “For in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” And it is also true that “In Him ye are made full” with respect to every desire divinely implanted and normally followed.

Haggai calls him “The Desire of all nations,” and we may well call him “The Desire of all ages,” even as He is “The King of ages.” It is the purpose of this book to set forth Jesus Christ as the one in whom every longing may be satisfied. There is many a “Life of Christ” written, excellent books, large funds of information, elaborate essays on chronology and contemporaneous history, customs, and events, with much of the teaching and many glimpses of the many-sided life of Jesus of Nazareth.

https://egwwritings-a.akamaihd.net/pdf/en_DA.pdf

Peaceful Sabbath.

Dave Watchman

I am sure you can read. I got over it long ago. I did however recount it here for several reasons.

Again? I am sure you can read. The bible is not a god. What is written in the bible is the word of man, not a god. If you wantbto believe other wise you are most welcome but dont brand me with your belief

Tell you what. To ease your conscience. Show me falsifiable evidence of your version of god (or any other of the thousands of gods thst are/have been believed in and i will consider that evidence. Until then be content to know you are wrong about me

Oh and i really am not interested in straw men and make believe.

You still sound mad.

I can hear an axe grinding.

457BC

7 weeks

62 weeks

27AD Jesus entered the synagogue and read from the Isaiah 61 scroll.

Declaring the favorable YEAR of the Lord.

The completion of these heptads in the first century, was the completion of the time Jesus was talking about when He said: "The Time is fulfilled. The Daniel 9 time.

From 27AD to 34AD was the 70th heptad.

Jesus died in the middle of that week on Friday April 7, 30AD.

LD9Dr1j.jpg

This is also confirmed by the Passover count of 30AD. Jesus ate the Passover with His disciples in the upper room following conjunction on Thursday, the Old Time Jews were still on the Babylonian method of calendration and so ate their erroneous Passover on Friday.

Even the calendars at timeanddate.com confirm the lunar phases of 30AD.

The Isaac Newton commentary of Daniel 9 suggests a secondary application of the heptads.

Two modern day decrees to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem.

1535 decree.

1969 decree.

62 weeks of years.

7 weeks of years.

Until Messiah the Prince.

The Time is Fulfilled.

aUfrRz0.jpg

And in January 1969 the Company was established.

Honestly, I doubt we have that much time remaining before we see the proof.

I doubt this will improve your demeanor.

The "darkened" sun of January 6 2019, would have been the equivalent to 27AD when the primary application of the 69 heptads fulfilled with Jesus declaring the favorable YEAR of the Lord.

One year latter, right on time, COVID-19 reared it's ugly head and appeared "in the full view of mankind" in January 2020.

OT?

Did you know that the Netherlands opened their schools June 8?

June 8?

qp21k3K.jpg

cg9qzscr-1353902186.jpg

Peaceful Sabbath.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You still sound mad.

I can hear an axe grinding.

Delusion must be so comforting

Does it make you feel better to pretend to be clairvoyant?

And kind of interesting that you need to protest in so many irrelevant reams of words, must have taken you ages for them just to be ignored.

Can i make a suggestion? Stop wasting your time with all the fluff, if you have something relevant to say then say it and i will reply. The rest is unnecessary and could be seed attempted derailment of the thread

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just keep going on it, "until I die".

Pray for the desire.

Not for the desire to go back to church, pray for the desire of women. (Jesus) The Desire of ages.

Pray for the belief.
Why? I am incapable of believing in Jehovah again. I plucked .myself from Christ's flock and have made my own way.
This longing is implanted in the very constitution of man by a merciful God, t
He is a very cruel and sadistic god, as the wants of things I don't have I can't have. Like, I long for healthy knees. But I was born with bad and that's not going to happen. I wish I could have children but I can't.
And always wanting more, acting on to a certain extent becomes gluttony. So be carefil with that one.

leaving the soul as barren and unsatisfied as before. I
Without Jesus I've come to feel more fulfilled. More content in life. More satisfied overall as I am able to go about and obtain what I need without fear of a god keeping tabs on everything I do.
That fullness is found in Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Eternal God. “
I was never as empty, hollow, and void as I was when I followee Jesus and accepted him as Savior. It was such a low point in my life that it left me suicidal.

Dave Watchman

Delusion must be so comforting

Who?

Me?

Does it make you feel better to pretend to be clairvoyant?

I was right wasn't I ?

Did my post improve your demeanor?

I doubt this will improve your demeanor.

No it didn't did it?

And kind of interesting that you need to protest in so many irrelevant reams of words, must have taken you ages for them just to be ignored.

Can i make a suggestion? Stop wasting your time with all the fluff, if you have something relevant to say then say it and i will reply. The rest is unnecessary and could be seed attempted derailment of the thread

Well YOU asked for proof.

There is more proof, but it's complicated.

It's disconcerting.

It would take too long.

This is not the place for it.

Show me falsifiable evidence of your version of god (or any other of the thousands of gods thst are/have been believed in and i will consider that evidence.

You didn't say I couldn't use "fluff".

Or the rich HTML code.

My post shows the two modern day decrees speculated by Isaac Newton in the middle 1700's.

These decrees are spaced out in the exact prophetic time periods mentioned in the, as you call it, bronze age book written during the reign of King Nebuchadnezzar.

It IS a bit spooky, even for me.

62 weeks X 7 = 434 years.

1535 decree - 1969 = 434 years.

7 weeks X 7 = 49 years.

1969 decree + 49 years = 2018.

These events are not replaceable in time, they are not going to happen again.

The walls from the 1535 decree are still standing today as one of the two witnesses..

The Walls of Jerusalem (Hebrew: חומות ירושלים‎, Arabic: أسوار القدس‎) surround the Old City of Jerusalem (approx. 1 km²). In 1535, when Jerusalem was part of the Ottoman Empire, Sultan Suleiman I ordered the ruined city walls to be rebuilt. The work took some four years, between 1537 and 1541.[1][2] The walls are visible on most old maps of Jerusalem over the last 1,500 years.
Jerusalem%2C_city_wall.jpg

Walls of Jerusalem - Wikipedia

On January 6, 2019, 6 days after the completion of 2018, the sun was "darkened".

In Isaac Newton's commentary, he stated that the 49 years were the "compass of a Jubilee".

The 49 years were the compass pointing to the favorable YEAR of the Lord, the 50th year.

The year 2019, would have been the equivalent in the weeks to when Jesus entered the synagogue in Luke 4 to start the last heptad, in the primary application of Daniel 9, reading from the Isaiah scroll declaring the "favorable YEAR" of the Lord.

That would have ran out right on time in January 2020.

“Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.

- Daniel 9

Dave Watchman

Why? I am incapable of believing in Jehovah again. I plucked .myself from Christ's flock and have made my own way.

That's a nice way to phrase it.

Let's pluck ourselves out of here man.

We're going to be plucked.

He is a very cruel and sadistic god, as the wants of things I don't have I can't have. Like, I long for healthy knees. But I was born with bad and that's not going to happen. I wish I could have children but I can't. And always wanting more, acting on to a certain extent becomes gluttony. So be carefil with that one.

Jesus said in this life we WILL have tribulation.

Without Jesus I've come to feel more fulfilled. More content in life. More satisfied overall as I am able to go about and obtain what I need without fear of a god keeping tabs on everything I do.

I know.

Freedom can seem fun.

But no man can come to the father except through Jesus.

Without Him we can't do anything.

He is the true vine, I am the branch.

I'm a dead man walking without Him.

I was never as empty, hollow, and void as I was when I followee Jesus and accepted him as Savior. It was such a low point in my life that it left me suicidal.

It's just that as a Jesus believer, I have my eye on the prize.

The crown of life.

So I'm thinking about 2000 years and more from now.

My cup runneth over.

I think heaven, and the earth made new, will be fun.

That's when life really begins, real life.

Until then, I will not fear the fowler's arrow that flies in the day, nor the plague that stalks in the night.

You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.​

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Jesus said in this life we WILL have tribulation.
Thats another thing I'm tired of hearing. Yes, everyone has problems. Few are high risk for suicide for multiple reasons. Most Westerners have typucal first world problems, and they aren't problems or tribulations.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Thats another thing I'm tired of hearing. Yes, everyone has problems. Few are high risk for suicide for multiple reasons. Most Westerners have typucal first world problems, and they aren't problems or tribulations.

This is why I love how well I forget... i am at peace with the world, and yesterday is forgotten.

ChristineM

Premium Member

You guessed it

I was right wasn't I ?

Did my post improve your demeanor?

No, completely wrong

My demeanour was and is fine, despite your attempts to spoil it

Well YOU asked for proof.

There is more proof, but it's complicated.

And how is thst relevant to the question?

You didn't say I couldn't use "fluff".

Use fluff all you want. Just dont expect me to read it and i wouldn't like to see you waste your time

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..................I dont need apologetics to know murder and rape and sex slavery were as wrong then as now. Just because god done it it was done in the name of god does not make it right. On the contrary who would want to believe in a god that murdered everyone and everything? Who would want to worship a god who condones murder and rape?Not me for sure

I find there is a BIG difference between killing, murder and: an execution for the sake of the righteous ones.
If God had Not executed the people of Noah's day, their violence would have reached the point of killing /murdering Noah and family.- Genesis 6:11
People who raped were to be executed.
There were No debtor's prisons in ancient Israel so a person could be considered as a slave for up to six years to pay off debt.
The Jubilee years also set matters straight.
Israel was Not in the 'slave-trade business' as the southern Untied States.
Slaves were to be treated as 'hired help' - Leviticus 25:39-40
Children were Not to be sacrificed as ' food offerings ' for pagan gods - Jeremiah 32:34-35; 2 Chronicles 28:3; Ezekiel 23:37
The unborn were considered as being equal to a full-grown adult. Abortion is Not birth control in Scripture. - Exodus chapter 21
Who would want to worship a God who ' saves '( delivers/ rescues) righteous people___________
Jesus made the choice to worship his God. For one choice, the word 'Father' means Life Giver, Not life taker.
The nine resurrections recorded in the Bible shows the return to life comes from God through Jesus.
What resurrections Jesus performed were a small sample, a preview or coming attraction of what Jesus will do on a GRAND-international scale.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come!
Come and undo all the damage willful sinners Satan and Adam brought upon us.