• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got my ballot

Mark Dohle

debate3.jpg

I got my ballot

I got my ballot in the mail today. There have already been 21 million votes, I guess that is a record. I am weary of it all but hopeful. I hope that when this over, whoever wins, perhaps the next four years can be used to actually doing their jobs instead of all this partisan infighting. It is not about power, but about service. Yet I guess power is a strong drug, the cocaine of the spirit.

It is up to us, the people, not our so-called leaders. When we fight each other, insult each other, we lose. If we can't find a way to come together, the split can become so wide that we will topple. It can happen, history is filled with toppled civilizations.
The reason yelling at each other is so frustrating, is for the simple reason it is not communication, just a waste of energy that leads to further alienation.

For those who have faith, pray, let go of anger, and do what we are commanded to do because it is so important: to not return evil for evil, not to hate, to stop the cycle of anger and recrimination.

I am hopeful, but this is still dangerous times to live in.--Br.MD

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Remember, our Lady crushed the head of the snake out of Love.
The snake represents the division, hate, lack of forgiveness, and in politics this is more visible because division is what politics is all about.

Jesus commanded us to love everyone...even those who hate us.
Only Love and Forgiveness can save us...but the only way we can stay safe is to be with Mary, being prudent.

In the very moment I forgive, I see Heaven inside me.
And I am so saddened those who hate cannot experiment this. I cry for them because I want them to be happy.

Mark Dohle

Remember, our Lady crushed the head of the snake out of Love.
The snake represents the division, hate, lack of forgiveness, and in politics this is more visible because division is what politics is all about.

Jesus commanded us to love everyone...even those who hate us.
Only Love and Forgiveness can save us...but the only way we can stay safe is to be with Mary, being prudent.

In the very moment I forgive, I see Heaven inside me.
And I am so saddened those who hate cannot experiment this. I cry for them because I want them to be happy.
What a powerful comment, as well as a testimony, thank you.

Peace
Mark