• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got bit by a pit bull

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
so let me get this straight.....

you went back????......for a discussion you could not deliver?

Yeah, always been a slow learner. :oops:

I was more driven by anger than pain. Anyway, they put the dog down after that. It's not what I wanted but I suppose I got my justice.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
first of all, I hate all pit bulls, and wouldn't be opposed to putting a bullet in every one of their heads, but second off, now even my bishon-maltese wants to sniff my wound and so I'm I'm struggling to like any dogs or any animals at this point.

Help me to like dogs and animals again.

View attachment 42913
To get bitten is never a good experience, hope all is well with you.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm sorry you were bitten but the pit bull hate is ridiculous. My dog is a pit and I didnt need to wake up to a thread where people are saying they'd love to put a ****ing bullet in her head. Wtf. They're just dogs. Dogs bite at times. That's life. Get medical attention and deal with the owners if you have to. I was attacked by some woman's dogs last year, called the cops and took her to court. She lost her housing over it, apparently.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yeah, always been a slow learner. :oops:

I was more driven by anger than pain. Anyway, they put the dog down after that. It's not what I wanted but I suppose I got my justice.
it was not justice

Dog ownership really IS about alpha male

the owner was at fault
and likely was not an alpha male

Thief

Rogue Theologian
but is fairness to owners

we've had Australian Healers
remarkable dogs.....truly fine dogs

but we had one............................

he could not be left alone
he was destructive
he dismantled soooooooo many things
including bear bottles

he got out the front door one day
ran across the large front yard
over the street
into the neighbor's front yard
she was tending her garden on hands and knees

and our dog ran up up her as if to ......do harm

scared everyone

he got put down

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm sorry you were bitten but the pit bull hate is ridiculous. My dog is a pit and I didnt need to wake up to a thread where people are saying they'd love to put a ****ing bullet in her head. Wtf. They're just dogs. Dogs bite at times. That's life. Get medical attention and deal with the owners if you have to. I was attacked by some woman's dogs last year, called the cops and took her to court. She lost her housing over it, apparently.

I'm gonna hate em'... Sorry but I hate pit bulls and always have and always will.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
But there is a reason that they are the chosen breed for fighting,
It's because they're tenacious, have a strong prey drive with a strong urge to please their owner, then humans misuse those traits. Using those traits in a good way would be to have them as family dogs who will protect the family (if I were being attacked, I can trust my dog to jump in and defend me) or as hunting dogs. They are terriers, after all. Very energic, athletic type of dog.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We have a mastiff/lab mix. What she looks like is a very short haired black lab with a large head and about 100 lbs of muscle. Her former owner sent all her equipment with her, all this tough looking crap meant to make the dog look beefy.

After having her a few days, I took it all away and bought her something more appropriate for her true nature: a floral frilly dress. Dog is big, but she's an absolute wimp. We have to clear the stairs for her at night because she's afraid that one of the big mean kitties will get her... Dog does something wrong and puts herself in the kennel. The only thing that could complain of violence from her is a dirty diaper...

Many people have been harmed by animals, its true. But people get harmed by people all the time. As I've mentioned in a post before, a cocker spaniel saved me from being raped. Dog was the hero here; man, not so much.

But, I'm truly sorry you've been attacked. Any attack always goes deeper than the wound. I hope your internal and external recovery is quick.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I get this feeling some people ASSUME dogs understand....you are human

no they don't

dogs have chased and killed larger prey since the dawn of time
they don't care who you are

and you think your tender licky face animal knows what you think?

nope

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm gonna hate em'... Sorry but I hate pit bulls and always have and always will.
Then they'll treat you accordingly, honestly. Dogs can be good at sensing character. My dog doesn't like my upstairs neighbor because he's an *******, yells at her, threatens to shoot her and she's heard him beating his dogs before. But he wants to pretend my dog is vicious for barking at him.

My cat has attacked and scarred up far more people than my dog has (none). I've been bitten by a variety of animals, I don't hate any of them. Being bit is just a risk in life. The worst bite I ever had was a damn hamster bite that went through my nail.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and I just love these people that talk to dogs as if they be little children
omg

my wife does that
and I do love her

but the dog is spoiled

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, I had a pit bull attack my 3 month old puppy once, it was terrifying. But I absolutely love pitties, as they are such sweet dogs, as long as they have a good owner. Honestly, the most vicious dog (and one I've been bit by most often), I've encountered, tend to be Chihuahuas. People don't think of them as a threat, but they are the most liable to snap and attack.
Try dachshunds.

Several years back, my partner and I were out on the front porch with our 10 pound dachshund. We forgot to tie her to a post.

In the neighbor's backyard, a boy(10?) was playing with his Rottweiler. Our dog suddenly launched herself around the house and attacked a 70 pound Rottweiler.

Much hilarity ensued.

Our dog got bitten pretty badly. But it certainly wasn't the Rottweiler's fault or the boy's. It was ours, because we forgot to restrain our dog.

It's nearly always some humans fault.
Especially with dogs like pits and rotties. They're extremely strong, loyal, and especially smart. They learn what they're taught.
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Try dachshunds.

Several years back, my partner and I were out on the front porch with our 10 pound dachshund. We forgot to tie her to a post.

In the neighbor's backyard, a boy(10?) was playing with his Rottweiler. Our dog suddenly launched herself around the house and attacked a 70 pound Rottweiler.

Much hilarity ensued.

Our dog got bitten pretty badly. But it certainly wasn't the Rottweiler's fault or the boy's. It was ours, because we forgot to restrain our dog.

It's nearly always some humans fault.
Especially with dogs like pits and rotties. They're extremely strong, loyal, and especially smart. They learn what they're taught.
Tom
Tiny dogs have tried to attack my pit, too. She looks down at them like "what the hell?". Lol.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Increase government power and bureaucracy?
That's really your suggestion?

That's...unusual, coming from you.
Tom
No, I've long advocated for licensing certain things which
pose risk to others, eg, trustees for estates, & now pit bull
ownership.
But I've also advocated eliminating licensing when the
cost has no benefit, eg, licensing hair braiders. I'll wager
that even @Saint Frankenstein would agree about this.

Government is generally too big. Much of it should be
pared away. But despite needing a net reduction in size,
there are some areas where it could be usefully expanded,
eg, better environmental protection.

Small government doesn't mean no government, bruderherz.

pearl

It's because they're tenacious, have a strong prey drive with a strong urge to please their owner, then humans misuse those traits.

I agree to a point, but what about those whose 'family' dog attacks and kill the kids etc.? A few years ago there was a 14yr old boy mauled to death by three Dutch shepherds and one Belgian malinois. The teenager had been taking care of animals on the property regularly and when the owner, who is a dog trainer of police dogs, was away. He knew the dogs and never had a problem before.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I agree to a point, but what about those whose 'family' dog attacks and kill the kids etc.? A few years ago there was a 14yr old boy mauled to death by three Dutch shepherds and one Belgian malinois. The teenager had been taking care of animals on the property regularly and when the owner, who is a dog trainer of police dogs, was away. He knew the dogs and never had a problem before.
Are you expecting me to explain every dog attack that happens?