• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got a question for everyone one about the holy spirit

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Since the Holy Ghost is the giver of knowledge or revelation (as in James 1:5), it must have that knowledge; all of it.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
No. If the Father gives it to you, it can help you to recall things you read and learned...it can calm you down and strengthen you in trials....it can help you develop Godly qualities. It's God's "power in action," that He will give those who are obedient.

TrueBeliever37

In the bible does it every say if the holy spirit is all knowing like God?

Frank,
Here is what I believe. The holy Spirit is God.

There is only one God. That one God is holy, and he is a Spirit. The holy Spirit is God, not another person.

Last edited:

Clear

Premium Member
In the bible does it every say if the holy spirit is all knowing like God?

Hi Frank;

while I cannot tell anything about the context of your question, I am unaware of any scripture in any sacred text that says the spirit of God / holy spirit is "all knowing" (i.e. omniscient).
I think the general purpose of the spirit in early Judeo-Christian worldview was that of a paraclete, a "helper", a guide to individuals in their search for advancement.

Good luck in creating your models regarding what the spirit is like Frank.

Clear

HeatherAnn

Think: Wizard of Oz symbols of God:
1) Brain: Intelligent Design - Heavenly Father
2) Heart: Spirit/ “Astarte” Dove - Heavenly Mother
3) Courage: Love - “putting on the mind of Christ”

Let’s say yes, the Spirit is all-knowing. What then does that mean for you and me? “The kingdom (realm/experience) of God is within you.” You won’t ever be all-knowing in this life - but you have access to like a spiritual, metaphysical www.