• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I found a bone

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe instead of giving it up, you could bury it somewhere and make a ritual offering of it to someone. I don't know if Hel likes that kind of thing, maybe Inpu would? Not sure.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Maybe instead of giving it up, you could bury it somewhere and make a ritual offering of it to someone. I don't know if Hel likes that kind of thing, maybe Inpu would? Not sure.
That's what I was thinking since I can't keep it on her altar.

VoidCat

Hmm.... I'm going off the couple of views in the pictures. It appears to me that it could be a vertebra of some sort, but to what animal I am not sure.

What bioregion do you live in? What lives near you?
It's very much a lot of woodland and grass. Lots of squirrels, cardinals ,coral and milk snakes, owls...Ive seen tree frogs, vultures, large birds like eagles. I live in the coastal plains of NC if that helps.

Note: I've only seen one coral snake...they dont tend to live in green areas but in sand. My house is right by a forest with little grass and by it is a lot of grass hardly any trees

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's very much a lot of woodland and grass. Lots of squirrels, cardinals ,coral and milk snakes, owls...Ive seen tree frogs, vultures, large birds like eagles. I live in the coastal plains of NC if that helps.

Note: I've only seen one coral snake...they dont tend to live in green areas but in sand. I have no clue what he was doing here...my house is right by a forest with little grass and by it is a lot of grass hardly any trees

Could you place it next to an object like a quarter for scale?

Edit: Is it light like bird bone, or denser?

VoidCat

@The Hammer 1616526800094653526109226274287
Edit:
I found it among a lot of bones that looked similar...I left them along tho cuz I only needed one to make an offering. Plus some were covered in what looks like throw up. Do you want pictures of those? I'll have to wash them first and I guess I could just bury all of them as an offering. If I had known the group home wouldn't allow the one bone thats what I would've done to begin with.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
@The Hammer 1616526800094653526109226274287
Edit:
I found it among a lot of bones that looked similar...I left them along tho cuz I only needed one to make an offering. Plus some were covered in what looks like throw up. Do you want pictures of those? I'll have to wash them first and I guess I could just bury all of them as an offering. If I had known the group home wouldn't allow the one bone thats what I would've done to begin with.

Was it partially digested vomit or did it look closer to poop? Birds of prey often vomit bones in a fecal sort of regurgitation. Anything else, it could have been a member of the canine family, they don't digest larger bones either.

VoidCat

Was it partially digested vomit or did it look closer to poop? Birds of prey often vomit bones in a fecal sort of regurgitation. Anything else, it could have been a member of the canine family, they don't digest larger bones either.
Closer to poop...thought it mightve been a bird who vomited

Heyo

Veteran Member
Now I wonder what type of animal it came from

I've used bones in divination but they were chicken bones I borrowed from a friend...this is the first bone I found outside and kept.
It doesn't look like anything I recognize. My guess is that it is only part of a vertebra, and by the size of it, from a big animal.
It needs some serious cleaning with a brush, soap and hot water and one, probably multiple, baths in denture cleaner.

That's a slice of a thigh-bone I'm working on:
https://www.religiousforums.com/media/albums/arts-and-crafts.1141/

Last edited:

VoidCat

It doesn't look like anything I recognize. My guess is that it is only part of a vertebra, and by the size of it, from a big animal.
It needs some serious cleaning with a brush, soap and hot water and one, probably multiple, baths in denture cleaner.

That's a slice of a thigh-bone I'm working on:
https://www.religiousforums.com/media/albums/arts-and-crafts.1141/
arts-and-crafts.1141
I cant see the picture. Edit went to link nice picture