• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I find that a red Solo cup marked "Jesus" is best for spit when I dip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kielbasa

Lackey
I wonder now that the holiday of St. Patrick's Day has passed, that we can talk in good faith about the renewed study of pagan traditions that have been subsumed by later and more mainstream religions. Many people believe that most of the Christian calendar is full of such motivations, while true modern-day pagans are effectively being silenced.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...vital-clues-about-pagan-ireland-34550944.html

Another good example is the satanists who are routinely voted down in U.S. states in the name of religious "tolerance" as though their very existence is somehow more offensive than Santeria or Islam.

What more can actively be done to ensure that Christianity and other larger religions do not censor pagans out of existence?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What more can actively be done to ensure that Christianity and other larger religions do not censor pagans out of existence?
If they failed to wipe them out of existence 2,000 years ago, I'm sure there is no danger or threat today.

First Baseman

Retired athlete

Considering that Jesus taught that we should love our neighbors without stipulations I don't think you have a problem. What is happening now is the Christians are the ones getting censored heavily.

Kielbasa

Lackey
Considering that Jesus taught that we should love our neighbors without stipulations I don't think you have a problem. What is happening now is the Christians are the ones getting censored heavily.
Interesting that you should bring up censorship.

The regular druidic ceremonies across North America and Northern Europe are regularly shouted down as they are viewed by the majority religious population on those continents as an affront to Christianity. Considering the relativistic monopoly that Christianity has in those geographic areas, you'd think they could manage to leave such neopagan traditions alone, let alone the Easter Bunny and Halloween.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Interesting that you should bring up censorship.

The regular druidic ceremonies across North America and Northern Europe are regularly shouted down as they are viewed by the majority religious population on those continents as an affront to Christianity. Considering the relativistic monopoly that Christianity has in those geographic areas, you'd think they could manage to leave such neopagan traditions alone, let alone the Easter Bunny and Halloween.

It's not so much "an affront to our religion" as it is the fact they believe in human sacrifice and such nonsense, which we believe to be Satanic in origin. As long as they obey the law they can do what they want.

Kielbasa

Lackey
It's not so much "an affront to our religion" as it is the fact they believe in human sacrifice and such nonsense, which we believe to be Satanic in origin. As long as they obey the law they can do what they want.
Religious freedom is guaranteed in such countries. Using such laws protecting one religion (Christianity) to crush others is an abuse of a severe degree. This thread has already been flagged, for example by one or more such cowards...

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Religious freedom is guaranteed in such countries. Using such laws protecting one religion (Christianity) to crush others is an abuse of a severe degree. This thread has already been flagged, for example by one or more such cowards...

Well, like I said, as long as they obey the law - and don't murder people - they can do what they will. Yes, there are those who will protest other religions but those people are wrong to do so. As Christians we believe God gave us free will to worship or not worship whomsoever we choose.

Kielbasa

Lackey
Well, like I said, as long as they obey the law - and don't murder people - they can do what they will. Yes, there are those who will protest other religions but those people are wrong to do so. As Christians we believe God gave us free will to worship or not worship whomsoever we choose.
Well I don't want to get into slamming Christianity. This thread is about the silencing of neopaganism. Certainly it's not just Christians who have been guilty of doing that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You know that pretty everything we know about Druids comes from the Romans who wiped them out, right? It's called atrocity propaganda. Almost everyone was practicing human sacrifice at one time or another, anyway. Christianity worships a human sacrifice, even.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
You know that pretty everything we know about Druids comes from the Romans who wiped them out, right? It's called atrocity propaganda. Almost everyone was practicing human sacrifice at one time or another, anyway. Christianity worships a human sacrifice, even.

Actually it was divine sacrifice but I get your point. And we don't worship the sacrifice but the one who gave himself for us, Jesus.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Actually it was divine sacrifice but I get your point. And we don't worship the sacrifice but the one who gave himself for us, Jesus.
I get your point of view because I was Catholic for a time, including a period of devoutness, but I will have to subtly disagree there. However, that's another topic for another time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This thread has already been flagged, for example by one or more such cowards...
It probably has nothing to do with cowardice, but the title claiming you think the red solo cup marked Jesus is best for spitting your nasty tobacco juice in.

Kielbasa

Lackey
It probably has nothing to do with cowardice, but the title claiming you think the red solo cup marked Jesus is best for spitting your nasty tobacco juice in.
Who said anything about "nasty"? Nice bit of exaggeration there. Now please to be staying on topic.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What is happening now is the Christians are the ones getting censored heavily.
Not really. WBC doesn't even get censored or legally challenged, so there isn't much of a basis for the claim that Christians are being heavily censored, especially not with openly displaying Christian symbols during the holidays on court house lawns with no consequences despite such things being a violation of the First.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who said anything about "nasty"? Nice bit of exaggeration there. Now please to be staying on topic.
Yes, it is nasty. It has a horrible taste, it causes cancer, and it's loaded with deadly additives. "Nasty" is the nicest way I can put it.

Kielbasa

Lackey
Yes, it is nasty. It has a horrible taste, it causes cancer, and it's loaded with deadly additives. "Nasty" is the nicest way I can put it.
It's not for everyone. Just like neopaganism. But there's no need for you to slap your microaggression onto it, Ms. Wolf. Please respect others' safe space.

Status
Not open for further replies.